Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112

Thread: 2022 Dutch Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    No not all teams will be the same, it's a cap not a target.

Until we know what they claim to have spent there is nothing we can do about it.
    You know what Todt and Brawn would do? They'd demand all teams disclose their ongoing budgets publicly, and compare to find out who's cheating, and that if Red Bull and Mercedes refuse, then in the eye of the public they'll be guilty as charged, and that the budget cap was now null and void.

is there EVER going to be a time again when being a Ferrari fan won't mean race days are a huge let down. I mean if they are going to continue being a clown show maybe I should pick another team to follow.

This is utterly ridiculous, mistake after mistake after mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    is there EVER going to be a time again when being a Ferrari fan won't mean race days are a huge let down. I mean if they are going to continue being a clown show maybe I should pick another team to follow.

This is utterly ridiculous, mistake after mistake after mistake.
    Who you gonna pick?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    You know what Todt and Brawn would do? They'd demand all teams disclose their ongoing budgets publicly, and compare to find out who's cheating, and that if Red Bull and Mercedes refuse, then in the eye of the public they'll be guilty as charged, and that the budget cap was now null and void.
    No Todt and Brawn would be cheating the cap.
    Forza Ferrari

Who you gonna pick?
    Okay you got me there.. there's no one else I'd feel the same about :(

Nico Rosberg: “Even F2 or F3 teams make better strategies and pit stops than Ferrari. They really need to start making some changes.”

Binotto’s response: “It is so easy to criticise when you are outside. But we will not change people. We have got great people.”

Binotto: “Stability is more important in sport, and that we make sure we are improving day-by-day and race-by-race.”

“We have got great people in the team. It takes years for all teams to get to the front, and I see no reason for why this should be different for us.”

Binotto is saying race by race. But I don’t see any progress from strategy or Pit crew.

But people need to realise that changes; this is what Ferrari has kept doing since the hybrid era. We had Domenicalli, Mattiacci, Arrivabene and now Binotto, and this cascaded to the whole organisation. Four different organisations in 8 years, this is insane! Maybe that is why we can't win anything!
    Our team has a huge lack of experience compared to RBR and Mercedes and this weakness is frequently the cause of our mistakes.

In comparison, none of the current other teams has experienced such intense turnover. In contrast, Horner has led RBR since 2005. In 2014 and 2015, the RB team was nowhere, and I don't remember having heard any request for a change. The team was significantly behind Mercedes and Ferrari in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Binotto is correct in saying that stability is vital since Ferrari is the definite proof that constant change produces consistent bad results. An F1 team is like a football team (such as Paris Saint Germain), you can have the most significant budget and the best players, but if they don't know how to play together, you will only produce bad results compared to other teams.

Sainz lost at least 2 tenths / lap of imbalance immediately after the contact with Lewis, in addition to the old ERS they make 4 tenths. Binotto officially minimizes on the TD39. There are no answers on the regression of F1-75

@Formula_uno

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Sainz lost at least 2 tenths / lap of imbalance immediately after the contact with Lewis, in addition to the old ERS they make 4 tenths. Binotto officially minimizes on the TD39. There are no answers on the regression of F1-75

@Formula_uno
    This is even worst

That means we have brought downgrades again, this season is a carbon copy of 2018

Seems that Ted Bull and the Taxi's have improved their cars, and we have made it slower...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    This is even worst

That means we have brought downgrades again, this season is a carbon copy of 2018
    Carlos was using old ERS compared to Charles who has the new one from Spa.

Damage + old ERS did cost .4ths per lap.

But still yeah, we don’t have answers for our horrible race pace & tyre deg.

İ dont understand why hard and medium dont work?Leo Turini say that it is result new derictive from FIA.Its made for Merc always when Ferrari built good shassi.

This was spotted by "Carmen" from a Facebook account. A "security" guard threw the 2nd flare onto the track at the dismay of the "orange" army.

https://twitter.com/EngineMode11/sta...C4_a3Y0r4rAAAA
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaronrouge View Post
    But people need to realise that changes; this is what Ferrari has kept doing since the hybrid era. We had Domenicalli, Mattiacci, Arrivabene and now Binotto, and this cascaded to the whole organisation. Four different organisations in 8 years, this is insane! Maybe that is why we can't win anything!
    Our team has a huge lack of experience compared to RBR and Mercedes and this weakness is frequently the cause of our mistakes.

In comparison, none of the current other teams has experienced such intense turnover. In contrast, Horner has led RBR since 2005. In 2014 and 2015, the RB team was nowhere, and I don't remember having heard any request for a change. The team was significantly behind Mercedes and Ferrari in 2016, 2017 and 2018.

Binotto is correct in saying that stability is vital since Ferrari is the definite proof that constant change produces consistent bad results. An F1 team is like a football team (such as Paris Saint Germain), you can have the most significant budget and the best players, but if they don't know how to play together, you will only produce bad results compared to other teams.
    Totally agree with this.

Ferrari have fumbled Alonso era Ferrari cost him WDC wrong call vettal era pit wall errors and failed to keep up development current era with Charles diabolical mistakes poor leadership and failing to keep up with development compared to others.2007 with Kimi was it and that was such a long long time ago.Ferrari have been lousy now for a very long time, the problems are not easily solved because old habits and practices are very hard to shift, with Ferrari the bad practices are ingrained in there DNA, without doubt this can not continue its a systemic problem which has grown out of control for way to long look at the past it speaks volumes as to where Ferrari are again and this will continue unless HQ steps in and grabs the problems by the throat once and for all.I would say that behind the scenes at ferrari HQ are now involved moving foward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lebaronrouge View Post
    An F1 team is like a football team (such as Paris Saint Germain), you can have the most significant budget and the best players, but if they don't know how to play together, you will only produce bad results compared to other teams.
    Play together is for sure what is going wrong @ Ferrari. Binotto did wrong by Carlos trying to get Mick in his seat. Mick clearly showed he's not ready for a Ferrari seat. Now with Santander sponsoring Ferrari Carlos has to be at least treated a fair as Charles. So as you so well put it; they need to play together driver wise so as to get the best results as far as podiums and even a win. I respect Mick . he just needs more time.

Forza Ferrari

Such a polarizing person, F1 will be a better place once he has left. Team LH can stop obsessing over the supposed #humanerrorchampion, sky can stop glorifying his every breath and obsessing over his every move, and f1 fans in general can get back to enjoying racing and not social justice.

Its also important to note that teamLH was egged on by the ultimate fanboy crofty. He should be fired and/or reprimanded for his role in all this. Same with Kravitz…just horrible, biased journalism.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 6th September 2022 at 11:27.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So Ferrari can't outspend Red Bull anytime they want as you claimed? I never said money was the problem you leapt to that all by yourself, try reading what it written not what you think.

Ferrari are not winning a title this year, probably won't next year either the sooner you come to terms with Ferrari are not actually that good in F1 the better it will be for you. Acting like a spoilt kid after every GP is not going to change the fortunes of the team.
    you have to put good into perspective, when Ferrari came second in 2008, they lost to McLaren, when they were second in 2010-2012 they lost to Red Bull, when they were second in 2017-2019 we lost to Mercedes, now we're second and we're losing to Red Bull again.

Ferrari is always fighting the English team de jure. Look where McLaren and Williams went.

So to answer the person you're replying to, if you want to support ONE team. It's Ferrari. Or you can be like all the brits and just switch which team you support every 3 years, when they inevitably fall behind Ferrari again. :)

i would also like to point out that during Belgium, when Ferrari asked I think it was Leclerc about what tyres he wanted during the race, Johnny Herbert exclaimed "this doesn't happen anywhere else on the pitlane !!!"

but the next race we have the Red Fools asking orange boy what tyres he wanted, and orange boy saying that the hards wouldn't work!!

oh, and NO team would be as DUMB as Ferrari and leave their lead driver out on hard tyres when they get a free pit stop for soft tyres during a safety car, like Ferrari did in Britain.

yet, we saw Merc do it. And if you were listening to F1 TV you would have heard all the commentators say that Max was making the wrong call!!! They couldn't decide.

My point is, it's quite easy to be a hindsight armchair strategist.

also, i saw some in this thread, going back to the Binotto-Leclerc finger pointing incident.

We know going far back, even to Baku 2019, Leclerc is his own toughest critic.

And I have just demonstrated how CLUELESS and biased Sky F1 is.

So if you believe that the finger pointing incident was Binotto scolding Leclerc, well, I guess you'll just believe whatever Sky F1 tells you.That whole rumour started from an off-hand comment from either Brundle or Herbert when it happened live.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    also, i saw some in this thread, going back to the Binotto-Leclerc finger pointing incident.

We know going far back, even to Baku 2019, Leclerc is his own toughest critic.

And I have just demonstrated how CLUELESS and biased Sky F1 is.

So if you believe that the finger pointing incident was Binotto scolding Leclerc, well, I guess you'll just believe whatever Sky F1 tells you.That whole rumour started from an off-hand comment from either Brundle or Herbert when it happened live.
    and while you're thinking about that, think about this...

if Sky F1 can convince you of all of this... did they also convince you that Max Verstappen is better than he is.... ?

it doesn't feel like that long ago when a certain driver was running away every race in a Red Bull and it soon came apparent how mediocre he was...

was Sky F1 also able to convince you that Lewis Hamilton is the GOAT?????