Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO D’ITALIA 2022 - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

Pace looks good so far, but I am sure some will find an excuse for it soon
    Forza Ferrari

Any comparison of race pace?

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Pace looks good so far, but I am sure some will find an excuse for it soon
    Impressive step of Verstappen today on the Media which with + DWF can protect the tires very well. We will see how much the grip will increase Ferrari used a higher power mode than usual to better check the setup The car continues to slip a little but less.
    in general here there is much less of a problem with the TD for some factors (DWF / stiffness ratio), while Max continues to travel high. MER and MCL right behind with similar top speeds. The Ferrari race pace to work on was not negative.

@Formu1a_uno

Sure, winning at Monza is never a bad thing but this year it would just be a band-aid over a gaping wound and probably an excuse to keep hold of the dimwits in charge. It's better to take L's at the moment to finally convince Elkann to get rid of the clowns. Not to mention that the likelihood of avoiding getting DRS-Firstappen'd is minimal. If anything, I venture the team ran high engine modes today just to impress the crowd.

That being said, if anyone could actually do the impossible and win at Monza with the current car it would be Leclerc. It would be a nice story but I fear for the detriment of the team's long-term prospects. Aside from that, good luck to the drivers. Let's hope they get four tyres at the pit stop!
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 9th September 2022 at 22:22.

F Practice 2 : 1 Sainz, 2 Max, 3rd Charles. Ferrari has TWO #1 drivers!!!

Has Ferrari been penalized by the new anti-porpoising rules, which favor Mercedes?

John Elkann: "I don't think a team wins or loses because of the referees or the rules. I think that in sport the strongest person on the field or track wins and the stronger the opponents, the greater the satisfaction of doing well and winning."

Sainz is not exactly what we traditionally considered a "Number 2" driver. Are Leclerc and Sainz potentially two captains?

John Elkann: "I believe they are two great drivers and this encourages them to improve more and more."
    I am confident that we will win not only the Constructors World Championship, but also the Drivers' Championship and that Charles Leclerc is in pole position [for that]."

Do you always have faith in the group that leads the Scuderia?

John Elkann: "Trust and gratitude for the work done by Mattia Binotto and our engineers. But there is no doubt that the work in Maranello, in the pits, on the pit wall and at the wheel needs to mature."
    We must continue to grow and this applies to the mechanics, for the engineers, for the drivers, & obviously for all the management, including the team principal. We have seen it on reliability, on driving, on strategy. There are still too many mistakes.

What do you particularly like about Charles Leclerc & Carlos Sainz?

John Elkann: "I would like to congratulate both of them. They are drivers who participate in the growth of the car and know how to work as a team."
    In terms of driving style, they have great potential & an aggressiveness that characterizes them. Sometimes they push even beyond the limit but have made great improvements. I like their courage, which is a decisive ingredient for success in life as well as in sport.

When do you think Ferrari will return to win [title]?

John Elkann: "We have aimed to be competitive first and foremost. If you are not competitive you have no margins, while you can work on reliability."
    That is why I am confident that between now and 2026, Ferrari will return to winning a Constructors' World Championship and a Drivers' World Championship. We'll be able to do it before 20 years of wait, given that our last Drivers championship dates back to 2007 and the Constructors' Championship to 2008. We are lucky enough to have two great drivers at the wheel, probably the strongest pair in F1.

So you are satisfied with the work done by Mattia Binotto?

John Elkann: "Satisfied no, because I think you can always do better. But I do think that putting faith in Binotto & his team was the right choice & it has paid off. Thanks to them we are competitive & successful again."

Do you think Ferrari can really go back to winning the World Championship?

John Elkann: "Our car is competitive again. We must have the humility and the awareness of knowing where we are now and the courage and determination to improve." As our founder said just before leaving us [Whoever comes after me has accepted a a very simple inheritance: keeping the will to progress alive.] After the first GP, it seemed legitimate to dream, but we must remain humble & let the results speak for itselves.

Last edited by nani_s23; 10th September 2022 at 06:18.

Does anyone have data about max speed from yesterday?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Has Ferrari been penalized by the new anti-porpoising rules, which favor Mercedes?

John Elkann: "I don't think a team wins or loses because of the referees or the rules. I think that in sport the strongest person on the field or track wins and the stronger the opponents, the greater the satisfaction of doing well and winning."

Sainz is not exactly what we traditionally considered a "Number 2" driver. Are Leclerc and Sainz potentially two captains?

John Elkann: "I believe they are two great drivers and this encourages them to improve more and more."
    I am confident that we will win not only the Constructors World Championship, but also the Drivers' Championship and that Charles Leclerc is in pole position [for that]."

John Elkann: "Trust and gratitude for the work done by Mattia Binotto and our engineers. But there is no doubt that the work in Maranello, in the pits, on the pit wall and at the wheel needs to mature."
    We must continue to grow and this applies to the mechanics, for the engineers, for the drivers, & obviously for all the management, including the team principal. We have seen it on reliability, on driving, on strategy. There are still too many mistakes.

John Elkann: "I would like to congratulate both of them. They are drivers who participate in the growth of the car and know how to work as a team."
    In terms of driving style, they have great potential & an aggressiveness that characterizes them. Sometimes they push even beyond the limit but have made great improvements. I like their courage, which is a decisive ingredient for success in life as well as in sport.

John Elkann: "We have aimed to be competitive first and foremost. If you are not competitive you have no margins, while you can work on reliability."
    That is why I am confident that between now and 2026, Ferrari will return to winning a Constructors' World Championship and a Drivers' World Championship. We'll be able to do it before 20 years of wait, given that our last Drivers championship dates back to 2007 and the Constructors' Championship to 2008. We are lucky enough to have two great drivers at the wheel, probably the strongest pair in F1.

John Elkann: "Satisfied no, because I think you can always do better. But I do think that putting faith in Binotto & his team was the right choice & it has paid off. Thanks to them we are competitive & successful again."

John Elkann: "Our car is competitive again. We must have the humility and the awareness of knowing where we are now and the courage and determination to improve." As our founder said just before leaving us [Whoever comes after me has accepted a a very simple inheritance: keeping the will to progress alive.] After the first GP, it seemed legitimate to dream, but we must remain humble & let the results speak for itselves.

So Elkann is saying they do view Leclerc as the Number 1 driver.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    So Elkann is saying they do view Leclerc as the Number 1 driver.
    That was clear to me all the time. They have all the data and know who is the fastest driver. We can draw the same conclusion by looking at the qualifying sessions.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Ferrari said that the floor compare was for valuations especially for future upgrades and 675 (no track testing). Particularly working on isolation aero parts and control car aero mapping.
    TD39 certainly is a compromise point for all but it doesn't have to be a concern
    #Formu1a_uno

Max speed FP1
    1 GAS 342
    2 PER 341
    3 ALB 341
    4 LEC 341
    5 VER 340
    6 TSU 339
    7 OCO 337
    8 STR 336
    9 SAI 335
    10 ZHOU 335
    11 ALO 335
    12 RIC 335
    13 BOT 335
    14 LAT 335
    15 HAM 333
    16 VRI 332
    17 NOR 330
    18 GIO 330
    19 RUS 330
    20 MAG 325

FP2 max speed

1 LEC 349
    2 VER 347
    3 GAS 343
    4 LAT 343
    5 ALB 343
    6 NOR 341
    7 TSU 341
    8 SAI 340
    9 RIC 340
    10 PER 340
    11 ZHO 339
    12 HAM 338
    13 BOT 337
    14 STR 337
    15 ALO 336
    16 MAG 336
    17 OCO 336
    18 RUS 336
    19 VET 335
    20 SCH 334

Sky can pee off telling us "how we're all feeling".

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    You can add Marko and Palmer to that list.

I can't stand those two.

Are track limits not a thing this weekend? most cars including the Ferraris are going outside the white lines.

Red Bull is so much faster

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post

Fire him. Hes too soft.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    sky must F off yesterday they were screaming at carlos for being, supposedly, in the way of a fast run by russ, and today when russ messed up verstappens run they were giggling and commenting that it is a practice session... ***?
    When is F1 going to address this rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    The gap isn't that bad now, right?

Are you referring to the Quali or Race pace, Stefa?

Just got the times right now :

Vers : 1:21,872
    Lec : 1:21,944 + 0.072

Times were set on the Medium tyres. so not bad if this stay like this
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    That was clear to me all the time. They have all the data and know who is the fastest driver. We can draw the same conclusion by looking at the qualifying sessions.
    It was my view and most of us here as well, but this confirms that Leclerc is the number one driver.

I want that Ferrari text staying on rear wing forever. It's looking so sexy

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    The gap isn't that bad now, right?

Are you referring to the Quali or Race pace, Stefa?
    Yes. Interesting

4 tenths is hard to swallow

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    4 tenths is hard to swallow
    Yeah they are much faster

And now RB again faster by a 0.4

Leclerc with a tow still a few kph down on the straight comparing to Max without a tow

We should start at the front of the grid because of Max's penalty but don't see how we stay ahead in the race. He would need a collision into turn 1 for us to win with Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by Riccardog View Post
    sky must F off yesterday they were screaming at carlos for being, supposedly, in the way of a fast run by russ, and today when russ messed up verstappens run they were giggling and commenting that it is a practice session... ***?
    When is F1 going to address this rubbish
    They change their mind about everything depending on whether their favourites are effected by something.

And now RB again faster by a 0.4
    Truth is ferrari lost little bit with TD39 Reg.

High speed corners loosing .3ths.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    We should start at the front of the grid because of Max's penalty but don't see how we stay ahead in the race. He would need a collision into turn 1 for us to win with Charles.
    Yeah, it will be impossible to stay in front of the bulls