Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2022 USA Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

2022 USA Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying

Don't like this track at all but that said, a Ferrari win would make it bearable :D

+1 and probably won't watch live. May watch lowlights afterwards so as not to waste time - and for the rest of the remaining calendar too.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Don't like this track at all but that said, a Ferrari win would make it bearable :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Liscia View Post
    +1 and probably won't watch live. May watch lowlights afterwards so as not to waste time - and for the rest of the remaining calendar too.
    Motorsport IT reports that Ferrari decided to change Leclerc's engine. He will drop five positions on the US GP grid because the engineers have approved the installation of PU 6.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Motorsport IT reports that Ferrari decided to change Leclerc's engine. He will drop five positions on the US GP grid because the engineers have approved the installation of PU 6.
    I assume it's just the ICE with recent modifications for reliability, a 5 place penalty is better than starting at the back but also more risk of collisions at the start. I really want Charles to keep P2 in the WDC standings.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Unlikely, sadly..
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I assume it's just the ICE with recent modifications for reliability, a 5 place penalty is better than starting at the back but also more risk of collisions at the start. I really want Charles to keep P2 in the WDC standings.
    Sad news but he lost P2 last race...
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

It’s difficult at the moment. Our current car back to 2019 car. Tyre eating machine.

Perez is carrying good form 1st in Singapore & 2nd in Japan.

Robert Shwartzman will drive for Ferrari in FP1 instead of Charles Leclerc at CotA, as part of the 2 mandatory free practice sessions for young drivers.

@GiulyDuchessa

I will not watch the race as I am going to concert.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    I suspect you will enjoy the concert far more. Hope I'm wrong and you miss a Ferrari 1-2..!

Have fun at the concert, you’ll probably enjoy that more

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    I suspect you will enjoy the concert far more. Hope I'm wrong and you miss a Ferrari 1-2..!
    Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Have fun at the concert, you’ll probably enjoy that more
    For sure I am! I am going to see GODSMACK! Saw them before pandemic. Great band live! It would be great that I read after the concert that we have 1-2, but....

For sure I am! I am going to see GODSMACK! Saw them before pandemic. Great band live! It would be great that I read after the concert that we have 1-2, but....
    Knew you were a headbanger! Probably not as old as this ageing rocker!

God give me strength!

God give me strength!
    I'm surprised Charles isn't getting a negative message here, first they give FP1 to Schwartzman in his car and then put Charles at the back of the grid for the race...I understand the reasons but even so, he deserves better!

I'm surprised Charles isn't getting a negative message here, first they give FP1 to Schwartzman in his car and then put Charles at the back of the grid for the race...I understand the reasons but even so, he deserves better!
    It's due the else you need to do a full FP2 for Pirelli 2023 prototype tyres. If you use a youngster in FP1 then you can drive with the race tyres in FP2.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Knew you were a headbanger! Probably not as old as this ageing rocker!
    49! Alive and Kicking!

49! Alive and Kicking!
    ha, ha...i'll be 49 next spring; i too love heavy metal, as a matter of fact i went to a Maiden concert couple of weeks ago "Legacy of the Beast" here in Hamilton Canada....absolutely loved it

any links for Free practice???

thanks

ha, ha...i'll be 49 next spring; i too love heavy metal, as a matter of fact i went to a Maiden concert couple of weeks ago "Legacy of the Beast" here in Hamilton Canada....absolutely loved it
    Been also on 24th of May when they played in Belgrade. Great, but I missed songs from Somewhere in time...

Charles at the back of the grid? He will take pole and start P6.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

The times are all over the place.

Can’t tell anything from them.

Been also on 24th of May when they played in Belgrade. Great, but I missed songs from Somewhere in time...
    yeah, "somewhere in time" is one of my favorite albums as well.....but still it was nice to see them again; last time i saw them in concert was in 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Charles at the back of the grid? He will take pole and start P6.
    As far as the latest info I've seen is concerned, Charles is taking a full engine/PU change, but the info isn't consistent so who knows?!

A very, very eclectic mix in my 'record collection' but currently listening to a fair bit of (old) Dio and Metallica. First LP bought (circa 1972/3..) was Sabbath, either Vol 4 or Master of Reality, can't remember!

Old rockers never die! 63 and feeling anything from 21 to 95 depending on the circumstances!

Back to the thread - does LEC actually have a back of grid penalty? Nothing on the BBC site so far.

A very, very eclectic mix in my 'record collection' but currently listening to a fair bit of (old) Dio and Metallica. First LP bought (circa 1972/3..) was Sabbath, either Vol 4 or Master of Reality, can't remember!

Old rockers never die! 63 and feeling anything from 21 to 95 depending on the circumstances!

Back to the thread - does LEC actually have a back of grid penalty? Nothing on the BBC site so far.
    No idea of what penalty Charles may have to take but the last item I saw yesterday said back of the grid for whole new PU6. Hardly surprising BBC don't mention F1 unless HAM wins something. Keep on rockin', and I'm older than you, so not into heavy metal!

RESPECT!!!!

Does anyone know what penalty Charles will have to take?

Forza Jules