Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2022 Mexican Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    I don't know why I let this get to me...there's nothing to play for except maybe pride.

I actually feel sick at the thought of Mercedes beating us to second in the constructors considering where their car was for most of the season. That might be more embarrassing than having a tractor engine for two years.
    A really messy quali, the car was all over the place and Charles complaining that power wasn't coming in as expected, this has to be the worst penalty-free quali we've had this year and it sucks to have both Mercs ahead. If only we HAD sacrificed quali for a good race car, but I'm not holding my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Charles had DRS broken.

Ferrari running with less engine modes due to TC overheat at this high altitude track. It compromised.

Very good by Mattia. Reliability issues isn’t resolved but still they are taking penalties by changing u elements. On top of it Tyre deg issues.

I assume Merc will pass Ferrrari in WCC in Brazil.
    Thanks Nani it's not looking good for the race then.

Forza Jules

Less engine modes, DRS broken, TD039 - the list goes on and on. We are loosing more than 0.5 seconds on the straights. It always affects Ferrari and no other team, no surprise to me anymore. This team is average, always finds a way to screw things up. No drivability after TD039 anymore, it is a shame to the legacy of Enzo Ferrari. All they do is to put their focus on to the next year, only to find theirselves in the same situation at the end of the year again. RB has an outdated wind tunnel and are still delivering year after year. We have a state of the art wind tunnel, only to have correlation problems again. No accountability at all, no political power.

Only Ferrari finds a way to develop a car towards the preferences of their second driver. We never had a chance against RB in the first place. And we won't have a chance in the following years. To compete with RB and Max, you have to match their approach. This nonsense of Ferrari is the best way to loose again. Imagine rejecting Jean Todt as an consultant. No strategic thinking in the first place. Disasterclass!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    how did we sacrifice 2020 and 2021. The FIA sanctioned our engine. We didn't suck on purpose.
    Engine wasn't the only shortcoming. The SF1000 was way too draggy and had less downforce than Merc, RB, Renault and Mclaren. They reduced the drag in 2021 and made the car more aero efficient, but it wasn't the best chassis of 2021.

The facts are simple. Ferrari sacrificed 2020 and 2021 for 2022, they admitted this as well. They started 2022 strong but due to sheer incompetence, poor leadership and inadequate decision making, the car is now behind the Merc as well.

I don't think much will change next season. As long as Ferrari, or its main racing division, stays in Italy, it will not win anything.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Engine wasn't the only shortcoming. The SF1000 was way too draggy and had less downforce than Merc, RB, Renault and Mclaren. They reduced the drag in 2021 and made the car more aero efficient, but it wasn't the best chassis of 2021.

The facts are simple. Ferrari sacrificed 2020 and 2021 for 2022, they admitted this as well. They started 2022 strong but due to sheer incompetence, poor leadership and inadequate decision making, the car is now behind the Merc as well.

I don't think much will change next season. As long as Ferrari, or its main racing division, stays in Italy, it will not win anything.
    This is correct.

Ferrari lost .4ths with TD39 according to @Formu1a_uno
    Where as Mercs gained much.

Ferrari stayed there in terms of Development, Mercs & RB ran away. This is pure incompetence in leadership from Ferrari.

Charles Leclerc:

“If I have the same issues, then the race will be a nightmare.”

“It was tricky on the kerbs and bumps. There was inconsistency with the balance.”

“There was something strange with the engine.”

“I hope we can fix it, otherwise it will be very difficult.”

When your driver is not confident with car… what results can we expect?

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Charles Leclerc:

“If I have the same issues, then the race will be a nightmare.”

“It was tricky on the kerbs and bumps. There was inconsistency with the balance.”

“There was something strange with the engine.”

“I hope we can fix it, otherwise it will be very difficult.”

When your driver is not confident with car… what results can we expect?
    Both cars looked really unstable on the curbs and bumps and lacking traction, plus Charles had power deployment and DRS issues in quali, so not looking positive at all.

The TD was the final nail in the coffin this year.

Performance collapsed after that.

Hopefully the issues will be resolved for next year's car.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    how did we sacrifice 2020 and 2021. The FIA sanctioned our engine. We didn't suck on purpose.
    You can add 2022 as well

[QUOTE=tifosi1993;1072439]

don't think much will change next season. As long as Ferrari, or its main racing division, stays in Italy, it will not win anything.[/QUOTE
    Ferrari needs to move to the USA !!! The new home of F-1!

[QUOTE=Brembo;1072606]

don't think much will change next season. As long as Ferrari, or its main racing division, stays in Italy, it will not win anything.[/QUOTE
    I'm getting tired of the Italy-bashing, and I'm surprised at you, Brembo. The Italians have passion and creativity in spades, just that sometimes the joined-up-thinking is harder to find. Forza Italia from me, anyway!

[QUOTE=Brembo;1072606]

Should we now be expecting a username change from you?

[QUOTE=wisepie;1072610]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post

I'm getting tired of the Italy-bashing, and I'm surprised at you, Brembo. The Italians have passion and creativity in spades, just that sometimes the joined-up-thinking is harder to find. Forza Italia from me, anyway!
    I messed up copying tifoso's post! In no way would I bash Italia! I was so mad at what he posted. Nel mio cuore' l'Italia per sempre !
    Last edited by Brembo; 2nd November 2022 at 21:44.

[QUOTE=Liscia;1072611]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post

Should we now be expecting a username change from you?
    No! Brembo is OK. I remember how before and after the Miami F-1 race most every fan here only posted about the millionaire fans and how they just showed up to be there before and after the race. They forgot to mention anything about the race! Now with 3 USA races millions of fans; and owned by the USA; F-1 is for sure to be better each year! A couple of USA drivers will help too.

[QUOTE=Brembo;1072616]
    Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post

I messed up copying tifoso's post! In no way would I bash Italia! I was so mad at what he posted. Nel mio cuore' l'Italia per sempre !
    That's a relief, I thought for a minute you had lost your passione Italiana, although some of your posts would lead people to believe you had also lost our marbles, it must be your drinking habits. Salute.