Page 10 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: SF23 Discussion Thread

Hello I believe first update is this weekend with a new floor

Bahrain GP Upgrades:

via https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega

https://twitter.com/SmilexTech/statu...CzsenozaQtAAAA

Charles will test the new single pylon rear wing in FP1

Looks like that single pylon rear wing has issues, it is wobbling from side to side very visibly. It will need to be strengthened maybe.

Ted Kravitz says Ferrari have decided on the double pylon rear wing. They are not using the single pylon rear wing anymore (perhaps because of the wobbling).

Charles is also using the double pylon rear wing now.

They'll have to keep developing that wing, in the tests the DRS broke when they tried it, and now it looks like jello. Might gain weight if it is strengthened, but it will take a while to develop too. Redbull had loads of DRS breaking issues with that style wing

What a joke of a car

Testing allready confirmed Ferrari have engine trouble and running down on power.

this car cant be fixed, if we can bring f1-75 maybe we can fight for 3rd and with the developments, we can obtain second place with that car.

but this car, this car is absolutely horrible and cant be fixed. everything in this car is wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    Testing allready confirmed Ferrari have engine trouble and running down on power.
    Where did this come from? The mind boggles and no wonder the team and drivers did look worried after testing.

i wonder something

this car is so slow as hell in the corners. this is one of the main problems we have.

but this problem is being triggered by what?

is there aero deficiency?
    or does only tyre wearing cause this problem?
    maybe both of two?

uviwbyusd0ma1.png

Mean race pace 2023 vs 2022

Bean Otto is laughing all the way to the bank, he left us a dud (very powerful but fragile) engine, and seems like as per past experience, the correlation between wind tunnel and race track is not happening.
    I really hope FV is able to motivate and expedite the fixes and necessary changes to enable Ferrari to be properly competitive in this season still!

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    i wonder something

this car is so slow as hell in the corners. this is one of the main problems we have.

but this problem is being triggered by what?

is there aero deficiency?
    or does only tyre wearing cause this problem?
    maybe both of two?
    it's abvious that we're missing some front end downforce and Ferrari have found out the hard way in testing; but it's weird why we'd have correlation issues in '23 as we were OK in "22 adn the car was OK then.

i think that once we're gonna bring a new front wing with more downforce (which we desperately need) as well as fix teh floppiness of the rear wing with ONE pilon (that we tested in testing) that also gives is more downforce, those two things are gonna make the car more stable and work the tires better....i.e. no more sliding and being understeery and chewing up the tires prematurely

time will tell, but i personally think that we have a decent car, we just need to understand it a bit better
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

But you're not tired of putting too much effort into such excuses, too much of it, everything has always been wrong at Ferrari for 16 years. I hope they don't spend the next 10 years trying to understand the car.

A whole winter of hope down the drain in one hour.
    It will take a year to build up new hope I'm afraid.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Is it just me or does every odd numbered year throw up an understeery car. Am I just imaging this or what?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Is it just me or does every odd numbered year throw up an understeery car. Am I just imaging this or what?
    2015 and 2017 we had very stable cars with strong downforce. It just lacked power compare to Mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    this car cant be fixed, if we can bring f1-75 maybe we can fight for 3rd and with the developments, we can obtain second place with that car.

but this car, this car is absolutely horrible and cant be fixed. everything in this car is wrong
    But.... This car finished ahead of Luis' 10pts, and Russell's 6pts.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    But you're not tired of putting too much effort into such excuses, too much of it, everything has always been wrong at Ferrari for 16 years. I hope they don't spend the next 10 years trying to understand the car.
    https://www.gazzetta.it/motori/red-b...asoterra.shtml

it seem‘s that the Front Suspension from RB is the secret.

I hope Ferrari engineers are already working on a way to copy or adapting this on the SF-23. I guess people in the paddock talked or noticed the similarities between the Aston and Red Bull in the way car behaves. I look on the onboards, this might be true and hope it is.

Ferrari can't let Red Bull run away with this championship again.

I’ve been reading rumours that Merc have a new car concept coming. RedBull has a significant upgrade package for Baku and Aston Martin have an aggressive development program in the pipeline as well. Looks like no one cares about the cost cap…

And Ferrari? Knowing them they will probably throw in the towel and concentrate on 2024. They knew from testing they had issues…the proof was in the data. They should be working flat out to find a solution.
    Last edited by ferrari1.8t; 7th March 2023 at 00:46.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

The thought of throwing in the towel and concentrating on 2024 fills me with dread, another year wasted and Charles possibly throwing in the towel too, it couldn't be any worse.

https://twitter.com/formularacers_/s...C33bm5kD4jF1Qw

Charles Leclerc's race pace in the SF-23 was just 0.003 faster than in Bahrain 2022.

“A huge reality check for Ferrari.

Meanwhile, Red Bull was 8-tenths per lap faster... whilst conserving”

Looking more and more like the season is over…so much for us working on improving our engine power.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Is it possible the SF-23 has even worse tyre wear compared to the F1-75?

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    2015 and 2017 we had very stable cars with strong downforce. It just lacked power compare to Mercedes
    I'll take your word for it, I don't remember that far back

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    I’ve been reading rumours that Merc have a new car concept coming. RedBull has a significant upgrade package for Baku and Aston Martin have an aggressive development program in the pipeline as well. Looks like no one cares about the cost cap…

And Ferrari? Knowing them they will probably throw in the towel and concentrate on 2024. They knew from testing they had issues…the proof was in the data. They should be working flat out to find a solution.
    What I don't understand is they kept saying during testing that the information they collected matched the simulator. So why are they surprised now that their car is struggling???

This circuit had a very rough surface. Other tracks might suit our car better. Any news on the engine problem?

I have just read on scuderiafans.com that it could be the wiring for the ERS system or incorrect fitting of the new unit/s which happened before the start, but nothing concrete from the team itself. No news on the ICE and a possible grid penalty already looming for Charles in Jeddah.