Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: SF23 Discussion Thread

[QUOTE=brucewayne;1074697]
    Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post

It is absolutely important to go the same route as RB. Charles is our future, no more stupid mistakes because of dumb decisions. We would have finished 1-2 in Silverstone with more WCC points if we would have treated Charles like the faster driver. Guess what, he is the faster driver.
    Faster than who? Max not Carlos is the driver to beat!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    In an intricate sport like F1, even a mere millimeter makes a huge difference. After TD39, Ferrari were forced to raise the floor and lost all the performance.

But I have no doubt that the team made huge strides this year. It will be the car to beat at the beginning. But all depends on the development. The whole "the car is fast so there's no need to rush upgrades" mentality should be thrown into the Binotto

Fixed

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    [/B]

Fixed
    He suffered enough humiliation man, leave him alone!

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    He suffered enough humiliation man, leave him alone!
    He was in maranello yesterday and met Vasseur
    Last edited by Gilles; 18th February 2023 at 11:39.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    that was Binotto's mentality....i'm sure Fred's opinion on that matter will be totally different now that he's in charge
    in a budget cap era that will be policed throughout the year, teh team can't just spend obnouxious amount of money at the car....so whatever upgrades we'll be bringing they better be working first try

I believe this was also Binottos mentality. He said as much many times. You are saying Fred will do exactly as Binotto said he was doing. In this budget cap era, this is the only way cars can be developed. It would be idifficult to bring massive updates every GP.

Still wondering how Merc was able to bring so many new parts, that will be seen in the budget reports if they overspent.

https://www.formu1a.uno/innovazione-...e-della-sf-23/

* No porpoising during the shakedown
    * Sidepod S-Duct. Creates heavy aero load without inducing drag. Hard to copy.
    * Multi link rear suspension.
    * Completely redesigned front suspension. Designed to improve front downforce.
    * Anti-porpoising floor. But didn't compromise the aero, creates more downforce than its predecessor.
    * They are happy with the data they have gathered during the 15km and 100km shakedown.

Quite a positive article. But we shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves. The SF23, like the F1-75, will be the car to beat during the first part of 2023 F1 championship. But all depends on the in-season development.

Most important thing for me is if we've figured out how to manage the tyre deg. Hopefully we get good data from Bahrain in that sense.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    https://www.formu1a.uno/innovazione-...e-della-sf-23/

* No porpoising during the shakedown
    * Sidepod S-Duct. Creates heavy aero load without inducing drag. Hard to copy.
    * Multi link rear suspension.
    * Completely redesigned front suspension. Designed to improve front downforce.
    * Anti-porpoising floor. But didn't compromise the aero, creates more downforce than its predecessor.
    * They are happy with the data they have gathered during the 15km and 100km shakedown.

Quite a positive article. But we shouldn't be getting ahead of ourselves. The SF23, like the F1-75, will be the car to beat during the first part of 2023 F1 championship. But all depends on the in-season development.
    It's really difficult to be objective - especially, after watching SF win!

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    He was in maranello yesterday and met Vasseur
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FpGQL_1a...jpg&name=small
    He has love for the Scuderia, without a doubt.
    Unfortunately, things just didn't work out.
    Hope he'll be back at SF, as a Technical Director - this probably won't happen with Elkann.

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    Almost the same car as 2022.Red Bull and Mercedes will come up with a b spec car again...and we will have again the same story.Ferrari easily third...being second fastest will be a huge surprise.
    Whatever you say. The car has many differences however hey, you know so much better. In fact you are wasted in this forum. I say, tell them guys at Maranelo to pay you for your vast knowlefge.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I am feeling (even more) positive after reading tifosi1993’s post. Forza Ferrari!
    No more porposing!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    He has love for the Scuderia, without a doubt.
    Unfortunately, things just didn't work out.
    Hope he'll be back at SF, as a Technical Director - this probably won't happen with Elkann.
    Of course, after 27 years in red it is sad for him
    The fact is that it is a failure of senior management, he should not have stayed as team leader, but with the death of SM, decisions did not come
    It must also be said that he no longer wanted to leave the position and that he was very bad at managing and communicating.
    Now I don’t see him coming back as TD

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Whatever you say. The car has many differences however hey, you know so much better. In fact you are wasted in this forum. I say, tell them guys at Maranelo to pay you for your vast knowlefge.
    Everyone knows who was right last year...so you,you can say whatever you want.
    During the season we will see...i hope you are right and im wrong.There is no point in fighting...just respect all opinions.
    As i said i hope im wrong and Ferrari wins everything this year.

I wonder why we fight so often here, it’s not like that everywhere
    Can we all change that, together?

I wonder why we fight so often here, it’s not like that everywhere
    Can we all change that, together?
    If some people stop attack other people and respect all opinios then yes we change that ,together.
    Ban members just because they have a different opinion is not a solution ofcourse.

I know it’s a difficult task, but it would be much better
    This should be a resolution for this new season
    We can’t ask the moderator everything, so let’s be friendly
    Are we not united by a common passion?
    I’m in and I know many of us want it

I ve expressed many times my thoughts...
    And yes we are united despite some of us consider some other of us as other teams fans...isnt it a shame?
    I am friendly and polite with everyone.
    I ve expressed many times my thoughts...and i was banned as a troll for my thoughts...
    Some people here i dont know what they want to hear...
    Red Bull won both Championships last year...Mercedes almost overtake us...these are facts...
    We had a good basic car capable of winning and we lost again the upgrade tasks...
    So in my opinion we start as outsiders...if we win everything then ill celebrate as every Ferrari fan.
    And something about the car...Ferrari logo on rear wing should definitely stay...

Practice what you preach!

I am more cofident than you and I think the way we reworked the car is good
    I think it was not necessary and on the contrary difficult to change the whole concept because of the loss of experience and the limited budget
    When it comes to exchanges, it is also important to understand that tirelessly pointing to the wrong side of things can be boring
    Note that I am not always perfect either:)

Brembo! What a surprise! You are the only one on my ignore list, and for a while, you should do the same as you will never change
    I'm happy to have made your list! I get your special treatment ! I will continue always rating both Carlos and Charles as great drivers worthy of Ferrari seats. You have a strange way of ignoring !
    Last edited by Brembo; 18th February 2023 at 20:49.

Quote Originally Posted by faloupas View Post
    I ve expressed many times my thoughts...
    And yes we are united despite some of us consider some other of us as other teams fans...isnt it a shame?
    I am friendly and polite with everyone.
    I ve expressed many times my thoughts...and i was banned as a troll for my thoughts...
    Some people here i dont know what they want to hear...
    Red Bull won both Championships last year...Mercedes almost overtake us...these are facts...
    We had a good basic car capable of winning and we lost again the upgrade tasks...
    So in my opinion we start as outsiders...if we win everything then ill celebrate as every Ferrari fan.
    And something about the car...Ferrari logo on rear wing should definitely stay...

Perhaps we stopped.upgrading because TD39 made all planned upgrades ineffective. If the scheduled.upgrades were designed for a car that ran lower than what was eventually allowed, then why bother bringing them if they wouldn't increase performance. We dont really know how much more performance rhe F1-75 could have had if the FIA didnt change the.rulea midway through the season. I really doubt Merc would have been so close if the rules hadn't changed. I think the Ferrari would have been closer to RB, especially seeing how our tire wear at the beginning of the season was pretty good and we were still pretty quick at qualy even at the end of the season.

I really like the changes Ferrai made with the SF23. I dont think they needed much to make the car much better.
    I think their side pod concept will prove to be a winner. The amount of airflow to the rear wing and beam wings over the top due to their super slim center intake will be so hard for other teams to copy. Probably works very similar to the slide and cannon concepts but looks so much more efficient. Of course, I may be wrong, but I have a good feeling this car will be quick.

Can someone explain to me why two posts were deleted here today?

Can someone explain to me why two posts were deleted here today?
    You asked for us to get along, then your next post was to attack another member, maybe you forgot what you did?

As someone said, practice what you preach
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You asked for us to get along, then your next post was to attack another member, maybe you forgot what you did?

As someone said, practice what you preach
    My answer was not disrespectful as I know (Brembo! What a surprise! You are the only one on my ignore list, and for a while, you should do the same as you will never change), and it followed "practice what you preach" which you mischievously repeat and which, if I'm not mistaken, amounts to an attack. When you yourself tell people that they are pathetic, or that they are rambling, aren't you attacking people?
    Come on, so delete my message one more time

My answer was not disrespectful as I know (Brembo! What a surprise! You are the only one on my ignore list, and for a while, you should do the same as you will never change), and it followed "practice what you preach" which you mischievously repeat and which, if I'm not mistaken, amounts to an attack. When you yourself tell people that they are pathetic, or that they are rambling, aren't you attacking people?
    Come on, so delete my message one more time
    Yawn, I thought you wanted everyone to get on....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yawn, I thought you wanted everyone to get on....
    Ok, that's your game, you know something about being pathetic, that's probably why you don't see it as disrespectful when you throw it at people
    I see here people who make fun of others, others who protect them and grotesquely abuse their authority
    I was warned, but I'm not one to accept this nonsense so you can play this stupid game without me
    Come on, be true to who you are and banish me now

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    I am feeling (even more) positive after reading tifosi1993’s post. Forza Ferrari!
    No more porposing!
    Another positive aspect of this year's launch: Ferrari have worked extensively on the suspension this year. The suspension of the SF23 is completely different than its predecessor. I can't remember last time when they had completely redesigned the suspension this much.

Hopefully this will solve the tyre wear issue (which was mainly down to the TD39) and give us the desired mechanical and aero balance.