Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Binotto resigns

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    LOL Horner has Marko and Todt had Di Montezemolo. Brawn never was TP at Benetton, maybe try Briatore.

More made up fantasy from you.
    You don’t know anything it seems. Brawn was TP at Benetton. Made up fantasy, are you describing yourself? Pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    You don’t know anything it seems. Brawn was TP at Benetton. Made up fantasy, are you describing yourself? Pathetic!
    Brawn was TD at Benetton till he joined Ferrari. Briatore was TP, so yeah not that pathetic.
    Forza Ferrari

I think we will once again have to rebuild with a new TP, seems like you think nothing will really change so we will stay where we are if you are right.....seems like u like to fail then.
    Start reading. It’s not that difficult.

Start reading. It’s not that difficult.
    Seems it is for you, if you think nothing changes with the new TP then so be it.
    Forza Ferrari

Seems it is for you, if you think nothing changes with the new TP then so be it.
    Nothing changes? No one said nothing will change. Again, start reading.

Nothing changes? No one said nothing will change. Again, start reading.
    So we rebuild then? hahaha
    Forza Ferrari

LOL Horner has Marko and Todt had Di Montezemolo. Brawn never was TP at Benetton, maybe try Briatore.

More made up fantasy from you.
    You really need to up your troll skills, because you're not very good at it.

Todt took no **** from Luca. If you think he did, you know even less than I thought you do, which is really saying something.

So we rebuild then? hahaha
    Rebuilding our way back to glory. Something you don’t seem to want. Now go support Mclaren again. Or should I say Aston Martin?

Brawn was TD at Benetton till he joined Ferrari. Briatore was TP, so yeah not that pathetic.
    Brawn was effectively co-TP at both Benetton and Ferrari. He was involved in everything from the design of the cars, to the strategy, crew training, all the way up to the politics with the FIA.

Oh, why do I bother trying to talk sense into you? You're just out to troll everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Newey, Horner, Seidl, and who knows who else. Ferrari have been trying to bring outside talent to include a hefty sum of cash BUT no one with that kind of talent wants to work in that Ferrari F1 environment.....it's toxic.
    A big part of that is they don't want to move to Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    That's not the problem. The dream team did it.

Ferrari upper management meddle around in the teams affairs, and will drive any team principle up a wall. Mercedes and Red Bull are hands off their race teams, and allow Toto and Horner to lead the team any way they see fit. Todt made clear to Luca he'd walk if Luca meddled, and he expected total control.

Because of that policy with the latter, Ferrari were able to hire Schumacher, Brawn, Byrne, Costa, Allison, Dyer, Smedley, Rubens, etc, etc.

And don't forget that Todt extended the same courtesy to Brawn, and stayed out of his technical offices.
    Last edited by RossTheBoss; 5th December 2022 at 21:02.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Brawn was effectively co-TP at both Benetton and Ferrari. He was involved in everything from the design of the cars, to the strategy, crew training, all the way up to the politics with the FIA.

Oh, why do I bother trying to talk sense into you? You're just out to troll everyone.
    no he was not, making up things does come easy for you.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    You really need to up your troll skills, because you're not very good at it.

Todt took no **** from Luca. If you think he did, you know even less than I thought you do, which is really saying something.
    Who said he did? But Todt did not have complete control as you made up.
    Forza Ferrari

Rebuilding our way back to glory. Something you don’t seem to want. Now go support Mclaren again. Or should I say Aston Martin?
    So you now agree we are re-building, well done.
    Forza Ferrari

They can ask for less hot spice in their pasta sauce and the red dry wine comes in several great brands! Just point to the menu if you can't read it. And ask first if the restaurant has a big screen TV if the race is on. Viva Italia!!!

So you now agree we are re-building, well done.
    Please switch over to Aston Martin and Alonso. You don’t seem to support Ferrari at all.

Please switch over to Aston Martin and Alonso. You don’t seem to support Ferrari at all.
    You want this to be a Aston Martin forum?

What a strange thing to want.....
    Forza Ferrari

Correct.

Adrian Newey did not accept the offer because he and his family would have to move to Italy, and his children were still in school.

For the other teams, if they accept another offer they probably don't need to move even within the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Correct.

Adrian Newey did not accept the offer because he and his family would have to move to Italy, and his children were still in school.

For the other teams, if they accept another offer they probably don't need to move even within the UK.
    Correction if I may-->OFFERS. Newey was asked 3x by the Scuderia and he declined them all.....and those offers were ludicrous.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Correction if I may-->OFFERS. Newey was asked 3x by the Scuderia and he declined them all.....and those offers were ludicrous.
    He would have accepted that offer if they relocated their aero department to the UK. Some people care more about their families than money, can't really blame them...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    He would have accepted that offer if they relocated their aero department to the UK. Some people care more about their families than money, can't really blame them...
    +1000

Thank-You!!! I'll accept that. I'm all in for moving the whole F1 dept. to the UK to get a better pool of talents from the top down starting with the Team Principle.

I'm okay with moving just the aero dept of Ferrari F1. It's at least a start. Firing TP's every 4 to 5 years is not the way to go.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

+1000

Thank-You!!! I'll accept that. I'm all in for moving the whole F1 dept. to the UK to get a better pool of talents from the top down starting with the Team Principle.

I'm okay with moving just the aero dept of Ferrari F1. It's at least a start. Firing TP's every 4 to 5 years is not the way to go.
    Ferrari had a Design and Development facility office in the UK from the late 1980's till about mid 1997 when designer John Barnard's contract ended.

John Barnard would only work for Ferrari if he did not have to relocate to Italy, so Ferrari established this design office in the UK.

The England design base failed in the past, but in this modern F1 world I don't see why it could not work now. I am sure Newey could work for Ferrari now from his home in England and get on just fine.
    Forza Ferrari

in this modern F1 world I don't see why it could not work now. I am sure Newey could work for Ferrari now from his home in England and get on just fine.
    How could we coax him from RB?????

Forza Jules

The reason why it hasn't worked out and why they keep having to replace is because they keep choosing bad TPs.
    Exactly.
    The answer to Greig is, why didn't we change TP during the time JT was the TP ?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Not sure that is entirely true but we will rebuild again for the next 4 years then rinse and repeat....

Maybe the issue is a bit higher up.
    When you get a management job (and TP is not a middle management but a C level management job) , you agree on certain things.
    So , there are expectations to be met on both ends and not just on the TP side. So one question to be asked (and of course we 'll never know the answer to this), is what exactly commitments had Elkkan committed towards Binotto?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Is the new TP going to do the same as Binotto? No they will do it their way.

We rebuild once again.
    When there is a change in top management (ie. TP in this case) they do not change things right away but the team remains the same, there is an evaluation period of what needs to change, weak links, structural changes in the organization tree etc if any of course.
    IF (as the rumormill suggests) the TP comes from within, this period will be shortened by a lot.

The rebuild you suggest does not need to be throw a bomb kind of things, infact having been thru quite a few of those myself, the best of those are those where you change key things and things keep running smoothly and you identify and change processes.
    For example, a TP would very much have to identify with his team why all these years we lack efficient development of the package thru the year (yes, Binotto failed to fixe this). We need this desperately.
    And of course we need far better pit wall and cooperation with the drivers.

+1000

I'm not saying Ferrari should move their aero department, what I'm saying is that his decision had everything to do with his family and not because he didn't want to work for Ferrari.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Exactly.
    The answer to Greig is, why didn't we change TP during the time JT was the TP ?
    We had patience....and it worked. Shame we have given up such ways.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    How could we coax him from RB?????
    If he could have remained in the UK, he probably would have accepted the offer, as the salary offered was considerably higher than at RB.

His family apparently did not want to move though.
    Last edited by JPZ; 7th December 2022 at 17:48.