Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Binotto resigns

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Exactly.
    The answer to Greig is, why didn't we change TP during the time JT was the TP ?
    Because Todt took Ferrari from a team that had only achieved 2 wins in the 5 seasons since Prost left in 90', to a team that was winning 14 races over 3 seasons, and only barely losing the championship in two season finales in 97' and 98'.

Todt turned Ferrari around dramatically in just two seasons. He totally turned around their technical department, their race operations, and instituted unapologetic team orders, and the results couldn't be argued with.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    +1000

Thank-You!!! I'll accept that. I'm all in for moving the whole F1 dept. to the UK to get a better pool of talents from the top down starting with the Team Principle.

I'm okay with moving just the aero dept of Ferrari F1. It's at least a start. Firing TP's every 4 to 5 years is not the way to go.
    This has already been done. Ferrari had a design office in the UK with John Barnard, and after 1990, the team only had 2 wins over 5 seasons.

And just what designers are you trying to lure from the UK to Ferrari? Outside of Newey and Allison, none of them are as good as the crop Ferrari have now, actually. There are plenty of good Italian and French designers, of which Ferrari has on staff right now. The thing is, most of them are younger, and just cutting their teeth at a top team.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Because Todt took Ferrari from a team that had only achieved 2 wins in the 5 seasons since Prost left in 90', to a team that was winning 14 races over 3 seasons, and only barely losing the championship in two season finales in 97' and 98'.

Todt turned Ferrari around dramatically in just two seasons. He totally turned around their technical department, their race operations, and instituted unapologetic team orders, and the results couldn't be argued with.
    Todt started in 93, again with the history being warped. Todt was given the time to turn Ferrari around, something we are not willing to do anymore is the point in case you missed it as usual.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Todt started in 93, again with the history being warped. Todt was given the time to turn Ferrari around, something we are not willing to do anymore is the point in case you missed it as usual.
    Blah blah blah blah.

Actually, Todt started in 94'. He got the job in 93', but do go on.

It is a simple matter of fact that Todt was handed an absolutely awful midfield team that was Ferrari and turned into a championship team within just a few seasons, whereas Binotto was handed a Ferrari that was only a step or two behind Mercedes, and Binotto not only failed miserably to succeed in going from 2nd to a title, Ferrari actually had worse results wise than under Arrivabene.

Arrivabene's two best seasons were 2017 (522 in WCC and 5 grand prix wins) and 2018 (571 WCC and 6 grand prix wins), while Binotto's best two seasons were 2019 (504 in WCC and 3 grand prix wins) and 2022 (554 in WCC and 4 grand prix wins).

Even with a rule change for a reset in 2022, Binotto still couldn't match Arrivabene's best season. Utterly pathetic. Kinda like you right now.

Maybe Binotto could have turned the team around given time but he needed managerial help.
    He was well thought of by his peers minus Toto, especially for his engineering prowess,
    If ever next seasons car proves to be a bomb as they are predicting there will be some red faces.
    As for Fred I don't know not a long track record to go on. He does know how to speak out and be able for Elkann

Forza Jules

Blah blah blah blah.

It is a simple matter of fact that Todt was handed an absolutely awful midfield team that was Ferrari and turned into a championship team within just a few seasons, whereas Binotto was handed a Ferrari that was only a step or two behind Mercedes, and Binotto not only failed miserably to succeed in going from 2nd to a title, Ferrari actually had worse results wise than under Arrivabene.

Arrivabene's two best seasons were 2017 (522 in WCC and 5 grand prix wins) and 2018 (571 WCC and 6 grand prix wins), while Binotto's best two seasons were 2019 (504 in WCC and 3 grand prix wins) and 2022 (554 in WCC and 4 grand prix wins).

Even with a rule change for a reset in 2022, Binotto still couldn't match Arrivabene's best season. Utterly pathetic. Kinda like you right now.
    Started in 93 don't try and change history. Handed a team a step or two behind Mercedes hahaha again you do post some garbage. Comparing this F1 to the 90's is ludicrous also kinda like your posts.

Learn the history before you come back.
    Forza Ferrari

Blah blah blah blah.

Todt was one of a kind, a leader. I still miss him.

https://the-race.com/formula-1/wolff...han-i-thought/

“Being a team principal at Ferrari, you better have a good contract for your exit. And now probably the unavoidable happened. “But he held on to it longer than I thought.”
    Sad but very true at Ferrari

https://the-race.com/formula-1/binot...ot-a-recovery/
    Forza Ferrari

Started in 93 don't try and change history. Handed a team a step or two behind Mercedes hahaha again you do post some garbage. Comparing this F1 to the 90's is ludicrous also kinda like your posts.

Learn the history before you come back.
    Todt would have supported Charles at all costs, just like he did with Schumacher.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Shame your hero Elkann never took him back then.
    Forza Ferrari

Todt would have supported Charles at all costs, just like he did with Schumacher.
    News for you kid, Charles would have lost the title if we ran his car alone.

Maybe Todt would have supported Vettel like he did with Schumacher and Charles would never be there to begin with.
    Forza Ferrari

Shame your hero Elkann never took him back then.
    You should leave and support AM and Alonso. It doesn't seem like you are a Tifosi. Binotto is gone, deal with it. We don't want Ferrari to be average, deal with it.
    Last edited by brucewayne; 7th December 2022 at 21:53.

News for you kid, Charles would have lost the title if we ran his car alone.

Maybe Todt would have supported Vettel like he did with Schumacher and Charles would never be there to begin with.
    News for you, you don't seem to know anything about racing. When did you start watching F1? 2020? You do know what Todt did for Schumacher right?
    Sure enough, you know who Charles manager is right? Are you that ignorant? Pathetic as usual.

News for you, you don't seem to know anything about racing. When did you start watching F1? 2020?
    Sure enough, you know who Charles manager is right? Are you that ignorant?
    Clearly been watching it longer than you have, you started this season right? Was it because of Charles you got into F1?
    Forza Ferrari

You should leave and support AM and Alonso. It doesn't seem like you are a Tifosi.
    If I leave then so do you, do we have a deal?
    Forza Ferrari

Clearly been watching it longer than you have, you started this season right? Was it because of Charles you got into F1?
    It seems you started watching F1 in 2020. Watch and learn, you have to make up some ground.

It seems you started watching F1 in 2020. Watch and learn, you have to make up some ground.
    Yes you are right, forum is over 20 years old, but yes you are right.

Carry on making a fool of yourself
    Forza Ferrari

Yes you are right, forum is over 20 years old, but yes you are right.

Carry on making a fool of yourself
    Why are you talking about yourself :D You don't seem to realize how pathetic you are. Your takes are just bad bad. How can someone with 20+ years have so bad takes and F1 knowledge. Makes you think You should think of retirement. The game has passed on.

Why are you talking about yourself :D You don't seem to realize how pathetic you are. Your takes are just bad bad. How can someone with 20+ years have so bad takes and F1 knowledge. Makes you think You should think of retirement. The game has passed on.
    I agree, was thinking it was time to shut up shop. Maybe you are right.

I shall close the forums soon, just for you
    Forza Ferrari

By 1999 he was on the chopping block, people were not happy with him either...
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

I fear also this is the beginning of decline

So according to Wolff, it would be 'impossible' for Binotto to join Mercedes because of their animosities in the past.

Binotto's main job was at the time to get Mick in Carlos seat@ Ferrari, Mick cost Haas milions $$ in damages and he for sure proved not ready for Ferrari. So... neither Mick nor Binotto are needed anymore. Carlos and Charles are all that's really important as far as staying where they are.

Mick will most probably go to Mercedes as development driver and I wouldn't be surprised if Binotto arrives there too in spite of Toto saying otherwise. I just don't believe him.

Forza Jules

Who is in charge at the moment?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Who is in charge at the moment?
    Benedetto vigna

Forza Jules

We had patience....and it worked. Shame we have given up such ways.
    It was not just patience. It was patience deriving from tangible results. When you see things that work you let people do their jobs.
    When you don't see people making stupid excuses (that actually make matters worse) you do let them work.
    I am all for taking the heat and let people do their work. I am even more for learning thru making mistakes and embracing them.
    I live by that actually
    HOWEVER there is a golden rule, when you see repeating mistakes, you need to examine what makes those things happening over and over again.
    So in our topic, why is it Ferrari cannot keep working on their car thru the year ? We see this for say 10 years now?
    Why is it their pit wall is the joke of the big teams?
    And WHY is it that Binotto, the big technical mastermind could or would not change (or at least try to change) things and instead kept saying things are fine? And made fools of the team saying ridiculous things like we could win 10 races !
    I am sorry but he had to go. And as far as I remember, Jean Todt never exhibited such behavior.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

I have a doubt.

It was just announced that Seidl left McLaren to become the new CEO of the Sauber Group (https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...boss/10410847/).

Where does Binnoto fit into all of this?

Is he likely to go into Aston Martin or Mercedes?

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    I have a doubt.

It was just announced that Seidl left McLaren to become the new CEO of the Sauber Group (https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...boss/10410847/).

Where does Binnoto fit into all of this?

Is he likely to go into Aston Martin or Mercedes?
    Seidl getting ready for the Audi takeover in a few years time.

I don't see Binotto going to Mercedes. I highly doubt Aston Martin either.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Seidl getting ready for the Audi takeover in a few years time.

I don't see Binotto going to Mercedes. I highly doubt Aston Martin either.
    Do you think Binnoto is still connected to Audi?

Or, he's still reaching out for a TP role?