Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    One has to question the timing of those posts.
    Also, it bonds well with the rumours that Vasseur was told that it was hit its job to land sponsors to the team.

What I read behind the lines is that Ferrari still ignores Leclerc' s driving preferences and they keep follow Sainz' s recommendations.
    They will end up with Leclerc in another team.
    i personally think Leclerc will go to Merc as early as next year when the old fool Luise will pack it in

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i personally think Leclerc will go to Merc as early as next year when the old fool Luise will pack it in
    If we stay mediocre, we won’t attract the fastest drivers, that’s for sure. Let’s see if Ferrari is all about winning.

At least the pit wall in WEC seems competent and can make the tough calls.

https://twitter.com/gudme123/status/...DVtoieP8B2FnNA
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Kind of hard to believe this conspiracy theory when Elkann can simply direct his team to make pitwall decisions without considering Santander's needs. Santander does not have a person working on the pitwall, so if it's not Elkann requesting this supposed favoritism, then who is?
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

It seems quite unbelievable, but if there is one team on the grid where this sort of stuff would happen, it would be Ferrari.

To favor Sainz over Charles is just downright wrong. The former only won one race in his entire career, only because the latter got screwed over. Sainz never showed race winning pace, ever.

I have said it before and I will say it again, as long as Elkann, Vigna and the rest of the clown are at the helm, this team will never achieve anything. To allow a freaking sponsor to dictate strategy, unacceptable. Enzo must be rolling in his grave right now.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 18th April 2023 at 05:08.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    At least the pit wall in WEC seems competent and can make the tough calls.

https://twitter.com/gudme123/status/...DVtoieP8B2FnNA
    Had it been RB or Mercedes, Xavi Marcos would have been out of job a long time ago. But Santander is happy with Xavi, so he is staying.

Who knows maybe driver swap Charles to mercedes and Sir Lewis to ferrari?

Carlos has been rated one of the 5 worst drivers this season so far which seems unfair.
    He shares the bottom 5 with Bottas, Ocon, Sergeant and De Vries

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Carlos has been rated one of the 5 worst drivers this season so far which seems unfair.
    He shares the bottom 5 with Bottas, Ocon, Sergeant and De Vries
    The same Carlos that was going to score solid points before his unfair penalty took it away? Without that penalty he would have scored points in every single race.

Whoever is ranking him bottom 5 so far needs to get a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Had it been RB or Mercedes, Xavi Marcos would have been out of job a long time ago. But Santander is happy with Xavi, so he is staying.
    Get this man to F1 to replace Xavi.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Sounds like Charles needs a change of race engineer someone he has a good rapport with someone like Rob Smedley

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Me? well only if Wayne Foundation backs me up.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Sounds like Charles needs a change of race engineer someone he has a good rapport with someone like Rob Smedley
    "We are checking", "I will get back to you", "Slow button on"...etc etc.

Now by contract, look at Max and his race engineer. Lambiase is authoritative, confident and precise; and Xavi poses none of those qualities.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    "We are checking", "I will get back to you", "Slow button on"...etc etc.

Now by contract, look at Max and his race engineer. Lambiase is authoritative, confident and precise; and Xavi poses none of those qualities.
    100%. When you hear the radio dialogue between Charles or Carlos and their race engineer, it's literally like the Ferrari team have never seen a race in their lives. They seem absolutely clueless what to do. We can all remember Vettel making his own strategies on the fly. There is zero confidence with the Ferrari pitwall. You have to feel bad for anyone that drives for Ferrari F1.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I wish I could agree. Sounds like the same folks that blamed Binotto and every other team boss since Ross Brawn & Jean Todt. "Fire him!" they say. Yet nothing changes. You have never thought about why that is?

What good is management going to do when you have the same brains and mechanics doing all the work? Will the aero team suddenly become smarter because Freddie boy showed up and said do better? You think the engine department can sudden make a reliable PU with the most power on the grid because some boss with a nice tie says so?

Saying Ferrari's issues are from being hyper focused on finding Italians is not a negative comment against Italy or their people. If that is what you hear, or if you take that personal, then that is your problem. How is a team that is looking for the best people in a country of 59 million people going to compete with another team that looks for the best people in the world of nearly 8 billion?

Until Ferrari get higher quality people designing and building the cars, and a strategy team that at least knows how to read, they will never change. The end.
    You have a technical team (eventually) that has divisions if you will. Division for aero, for power, you name it.
    Eventually you set targets and you check on them and you see how they go.
    As management, you have several responsibilities some of which are ...
    1. If you see (this btw is part of the heads of such divisions) that what the divisions are going towards could not be up to par, to stir them towards another direction. Or do you think that Merc or RBR get it magically?
    2. If you feel at any time or during the year that your personell does not deliver timely, or the quality of their work lacks, to empower the teams .
    3. Process improvement (and at this point, yes, it's a joke, Ferrari LACKS BIG TIME, or ...)
    4. I want to see 2 things this year or an improvement
    4.1 Timely and frequent delivery of FUNCTIONING upgrades/updates
    4.2 Working updates/upgrades after the summer break - the latter is something that we lack since god knows when and Binotto never improved our team on.

So as you see, if you have able management, you make do with your team, you identify weaknesses, build on strengths.
    Basic management one on one.

But that, in itself.. guess what, REQUIRES MANAGEMENT WITH B@LLS.
    And in my humble opinion, so far we lacked on that big time. They believed that xxx hundred millions and ... "next year will be our year", will last for ever.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Who knows maybe driver swap Charles to mercedes and Sir Lewis to ferrari?
    Exactly what would Lewis offer to Ferrari?

He is a bonafied Diva.
    We need workers, we need team people and not "ME ME ME" people such as Lewis. Thank you but no.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    You have a technical team (eventually) that has divisions if you will. Division for aero, for power, you name it.
    1. If you see (this btw is part of the heads of such divisions) that what the divisions are going towards could not be up to par, to stir them towards another direction. Or do you think that Merc or RBR get it magically?
    2. If you feel at any time or during the year that your personell does not deliver timely, or the quality of their work lacks, to empower the teams .
    3. Process improvement (and at this point, yes, it's a joke, Ferrari LACKS BIG TIME, or ...)
    4.2 Working updates/upgrades after the summer break - the latter is something that we lack since god knows when and Binotto never improved our team on.

So as you see, if you have able management, you make do with your team, you identify weaknesses, build on strengths.

And in my humble opinion, so far we lacked on that big time. They believed that xxx hundred millions and ... "next year will be our year", will last for ever.
    It sounds like you are under the assumption they don't have the divisions within the team as you mention. I believe they do. If they are that bad, then they should just close the doors.

So how deep down the hierarchy is the problem? Is it simply the team principle? Is it the technical director? Is it the chief designer? Is it the head of aero? Is it the head of PU? Is it the head of suspension?

I don't your idea of "if the work lacks, empower the team". This isn't a group of feminists or an obesity support group. They aren't going to be the best at what they do because someone tells them they are something they aren't.

Why is Merc and RBR doing better? Because they have better people designing and building the cars. I would never think it's simply because Toto is a better manager than anyone Ferrari has ever gotten.

That isn't to say Ferrari doesn't have a management problem. It could be argued that top suits running all of Ferrari have put shackles around all the team leaders. Basing decisions off of Santander's requests, or dictating who can be hired, or maybe who can't be fired. For all we know there is a lot of relatives working at Ferrari, which is a disaster of a who you know hiring process, rather than hiring the most qualified people.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    It sounds like you are under the assumption they don't have the divisions within the team as you mention. I believe they do. If they are that bad, then they should just close the doors.

So how deep down the hierarchy is the problem? Is it simply the team principle? Is it the technical director? Is it the chief designer? Is it the head of aero? Is it the head of PU? Is it the head of suspension?

I don't your idea of "if the work lacks, empower the team". This isn't a group of feminists or an obesity support group. They aren't going to be the best at what they do because someone tells them they are something they aren't.

Why is Merc and RBR doing better? Because they have better people designing and building the cars. I would never think it's simply because Toto is a better manager than anyone Ferrari has ever gotten.

That isn't to say Ferrari doesn't have a management problem. It could be argued that top suits running all of Ferrari have put shackles around all the team leaders. Basing decisions off of Santander's requests, or dictating who can be hired, or maybe who can't be fired. For all we know there is a lot of relatives working at Ferrari, which is a disaster of a who you know hiring process, rather than hiring the most qualified people.
    IT all started when LdM ran off the "Dream Team" i.e. Todt, Brawn, and Byrne.

Ferrari F1 is it's own worst enemy....they keep shooting themselves in the foot year after year.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Ferrari F1 is it's own worst enemy....they keep shooting themselves in the foot year after year.
    Sure its Ferrari's fault..... as well as all the fans that keep calling to have personnel fired after 2-3 years. Maybe the secret to RB and Merc success is continuity and allowing people to progress and improve. There were mistakes made last year, but things dont get better by starting over every year.

Well we all have our views and respected opinions on this forum and it just goes to show the passion which is shared its an angry passion a frustrated passion but its passion.The tide will turn I have no doubt and ferrari will bounce back,the organisation is way to big and a positive reset is coming. This weeks F1 race will get Ferraris season starting with finally a good points haul coming i can feel it.As always expect the unexpected.

But if it’s unexpected, how can I expect it?

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I hope not. And I also believe that Leclerc is too nice guy to break his contact.
    A possible reason for the lack of progress in Merc-Hamilton contact is it's duration. My guess is that Leclerc has signed a contact with Merc for 2025 onwards.

I just hope he didn't and that Ferrari will actually give him a winning car.

Charles will retire with Ferrari; that's his dream. I wish it on him ! Lewis will stay with Merc untill he wins his 9th . I can't imagine Merc wanting it to happen else ware . It's the Merc car nit Lewis causing the delay. Carlos & Charles WCC 2023 ! There's plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Charles will retire with Ferrari; that's his dream. I wish it on him ! Lewis will stay with Merc untill he wins his 9th . I can't imagine Merc wanting it to happen else ware . It's the Merc car nit Lewis causing the delay. Carlos & Charles WCC 2023 ! There's plenty of time.
    I wish I had your confidence Brembo. Charles is ambitious and wants to win a championship. Will our car be ready this year, next year? I hope so.

Forza Jules

What I am saying. All those people are top management.
    What we suffer from at this point .

@SS454, you ask how deep the issue goes. This is what I am telling you. Take binotto. He kept telling people , all is fine, no reason for change and people thought he was just protecting the team.
    I would be fine with his way of dealing things, IF he actually showed improvement within 2022. Did he?
    You know the answer.
    The moment there were high expectations, everything came down crushing. But everyone that has been a part of a big organization, knows you need to shine when the pressure is on.
    And he did not. His team did not. And this is why he is gone.

The answers you seek are now to be answered by Vasseur. We shall see.

@SS454, you ask how deep the issue goes. This is what I am telling you. Take binotto. He kept telling people , all is fine, no reason for change and people thought he was just protecting the team.
    I would be fine with his way of dealing things, IF he actually showed improvement within 2022. Did he?
    You know the answer.
    The moment there were high expectations, everything came down crushing. But everyone that has been a part of a big organization, knows you need to shine when the pressure is on.

So, !Mercedes found a way to get Allison back into action and at the same time save face for Elliot.
    Interesting development.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    So, !Mercedes found a way to get Allison back into action and at the same time save face for Elliot.
    Interesting development.
    yep, and Domenicali has stated that it's possible that 6 teams could blow thru the 2023 budget cap.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

yep, and Domenicali has stated that it's possible that 6 teams could blow thru the 2023 budget cap.
    They should intentionally, maybe they can at least raise the budget cap or get rid of it altogether.

You know the answer.

I never really thought Binotto was THE problem, just part of the problem. I believe his hands were tied by his bosses. I suspect Vasseur will not to be answer, there is no reason to even think so. He is leading all the same people as Binotto did. They need different, experienced people. So far, I've heard of none.