Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

If the board of a corporate company are not happy with the company's results, there's only one person they can fire: the CEO. They don't fire the sweeper, the receptionist, the human resource manager - in most cases they don't even know who those people are. It's the CEO's responsibility to make sure that the company is staffed appropriately and performing well. Likewise with Ferrari. The team failed, so Binotto had to go. Fred now needs to hire and fire, motivate and empower, do whatever it takes to produce a winning team. If he fails, he too will have to go.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Two RB engineers have quit and are bound for Ferrari but with gardening leave to serve it will be 2024 before we see them. No names given so it could be a rumour.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Two RB engineers have quit and are bound for Ferrari but with gardening leave to serve it will be 2024 before we see them. No names given so it could be a rumour.
    I don't think it will a bit of difference.......unfortunately.

[formulapassion.it]

According to what Corriere dello Sport revealed today, Ferrari secured two engineers from a rival team: "Two engineers have just been hired and have ceased their activity at Red Bull, they are in full gardening and will be in force in Maranello in 2024."

"But their names are not yet known, nor is it known how much difference they can make: after all, Scuderia Ferrari has hired thirty engineers in the last three years – even from top teams like Red Bull and Mercedes".
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

[formulapassion.it]

According to what Corriere dello Sport revealed today, Ferrari secured two engineers from a rival team: "Two engineers have just been hired and have ceased their activity at Red Bull, they are in full gardening and will be in force in Maranello in 2024."

"But their names are not yet known, nor is it known how much difference they can make: after all, Scuderia Ferrari has hired thirty engineers in the last three years – even from top teams like Red Bull and Mercedes".
    It's really going to hurt you when Ferrari are back at the top.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It's really going to hurt you when Ferrari are back at the top.
    When may that be? 2yrs from now? 5 years? 10 years?

How many more team principals will Ferrari F1 go thru? Another 2 before they win again? Or 4? Or 6? Since 2005, Ferrari have gone thru 6 team principals.

Unbeknownst to you, I relish the day Ferrari is back on top...until then, it's gonna be a long wait.
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 22nd April 2023 at 21:56.

When you gut the interior of a home for total renovation you start at the top and end at the bottom.Ferrari are going through a massive renovation process,they mess left behind by binotto was massive from an unfinished car that was rushed to completion complete staff disorder and dissention.Ferrari were on the back foot from testing they new this but provided a stoic face at the launch spectacular yes,but with a car lacking substance. I expect a gradual improvement from race to race with good points being scored moving foward a new direction has been found with vassuer he is no miracle worker but a leader he is better days are coming faster than we all know.

When may that be? 2yrs from now? 5 years? 10 years?

How many more team principals will Ferrari F1 go thru? Another 2 before they win again? Or 4? Or 6? Since 2005, Ferrari have gone thru 6 team principals.

Unbeknownst to you, I relish the day Ferrari is back on top...until then, it's gonna be a long wait.
    Well if we follow your "it won't make a bit of difference" approach no matter what they do or hire then they will never be on top.
    Forza Ferrari

[formulapassion.it]

You can be critical, but this is over the top. It shows that management has identified the problem and it also rejects the argument that no one wants to move to Ferrari/Italy. Good news.

Well if we follow your "it won't make a bit of difference" approach no matter what they do or hire then they will never be on top.
    Negative. Your convoluted pessimism definitely outways mine. I'm thinking short term. Long term, they could be on top.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    So, !Mercedes found a way to get Allison back into action and at the same time save face for Elliot.
    Interesting development.
    He's also going to design the 2024 car and possibly the 2025 and 2026....fyi. I don't know how long his contract is for at Mercedes. He's the "Adrian Newey" of Mercedes.

[formulapassion.it]

So much for the ''Ferrari doesn't try to hire personnel outside Italy'' narrative.

The rumour mill is at it again about Charles moving to Merc. Apparently he and Lewis are changing places. I cannot see it and hope not.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    The rumour mill is at it again about Charles moving to Merc. Apparently he and Lewis are changing places. I cannot see it and hope not.
    That will never happen-->Lewis moving to Ferrari.

Rumor is, Lewis will retire and Leclerc will move to MercedesAMGF1.....that's a rumor of course.

The amount of Italian bashing from British F1 'fans' I see on social media is ridiculous.

Yet Mclaren and Williams have been far worse and mostly nowhere in comparison.

But according to them Ferrari are not winning because they are 'too Italian'.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    The amount of Italian bashing from British F1 'fans' I see on social media is ridiculous.

yes, they can always just jump ship to the current British Team du jour just like Newey, the "enemy" always remains the same, i.e. .. beat Ferrari.

i actually like mclaren. they're a legitimate racing team, not a car giant (merc) or a marketing gimic (redbull). Ferrari vs Mclaren has a certain mystique that i'd love to see again.... with Ferrari on top obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post

By finally making some changes doesn't mean they weren't poorly set in their ways for the last 15 years. Maybe they finally took their heads out of their butts and realized they need to new experienced people from around the world. Maybe Binotto was the one that didn't want to change his teams. Who knows. But hearing they are making changes in the engineering department is a very very good thing.

Negative. Your convoluted pessimism definitely outways mine. I'm thinking short term. Long term, they could be on top.
    hahaha you don't know what pessimism means clearly.

Ferrari hiring from Red Bull and Merc will make no difference you said.....
    Forza Ferrari

He's also going to design the 2024 car and possibly the 2025 and 2026....fyi. I don't know how long his contract is for at Mercedes. He's the "Adrian Newey" of Mercedes.
    don;t forget that we HAD Allison in the past with us as a technical director....As far as i can remember he wasn't that HOT during that time...the Ferrari of his design wasn't all that

hahaha you don't know what pessimism means clearly.

Ferrari hiring from Red Bull and Merc will make no difference you said.....
    The article states that all this hiring(30) from Mercedes and RedBull will " make much of a difference after all" to include the 2 new hirings from RedBull.

The article states that all this hiring(30) from Mercedes and RedBull will " make much of a difference after all" to include the 2 new hirings from RedBull.
    You said it will make no difference not the article.
    Forza Ferrari

You said it will make no difference not the article.
    I said "it wont make a bit of difference." I didn't say "it won't make no difference."

I also stated in the short term it won't make a bit of difference. Long term, it might make a difference...but I'm.holding my breath.

Is the same two we heard about in March or another two?

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...uitment-drive/
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Is the same two we heard about in March or another two?

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...uitment-drive/
    Could be the same two.

30 engineers, some from RedBull and some from Mercedes, in the last 3 years to Ferrari and still no real big change when compared to AMRF1 whom poached Dan Fallows and Eric Blandin in 2 years and now look, the car and team are currently fighting in 2nd place after 3 races. AMRF1 has.more points currently after 3 races than the whole 2022 years points. Quit a difference with AMRF1 and they didn't hire 30 engineers.

Could be the same two.

30 engineers, some from RedBull and some from Mercedes, in the last 3 years to Ferrari and still no real big change when compared to AMRF1 whom poached Dan Fallows and Eric Blandin in 2 years and now look, the car and team are currently fighting in 2nd place after 3 races. AMRF1 has.more points currently after 3 races than the whole 2022 years points. Quit a difference with AMRF1 and they didn't hire 30 engineers.
    Ah you know the names of 2 so that means they only hired 2 in the last 3 years

Love how your still promoting Dan Fallows as some kind of legend, his record as head of aero at Red Bull from 2014 to 2021 is hardly something fearful.

Again I remind you it's pretty easy for Ferrari to fight for 2nd and 3rd place, we need better than that. So not sure why your using AM as some kind of example.
    Forza Ferrari

Enrico Balbo is a rumor, but no confirmation.

Ah you know the names of 2 so that means they only hired 2 in the last 3 years

Love how your still promoting Dan Fallows as some kind of legend, his record as head of aero at Red Bull from 2014 to 2021 is hardly something fearful.

Again I remind you it's pretty easy for Ferrari to fight for 2nd and 3rd place, we need better than that. So not sure why your using AM as some kind of example.
    I'd prefer a couple of Red Bull chefs to game the budget cap. Yeah u get caught and fined a bit but the car advances last for the duration of the current rules. Everyone getting to into aero stuff, it's scamming the prawn sandwiches which is the true foundation of success.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    don;t forget that we HAD Allison in the past with us as a technical director....As far as i can remember he wasn't that HOT during that time...the Ferrari of his design wasn't all that
    James Allison went from winning races with Lotus to Ferrari which had a terrible car in 2014, and then turned it around to be a race winner in 2015 and they did see big gains in 2016 as well, but Mercedes were just too strong. I remember seeing how the front wing developed with the strakes (something we saw on Lotus) and it proved to be a good upgrade to the Ferrari.

Overall, I'd say Allison made an immediate impact with Ferrari.

If by chance, Leclerc were to leave Ferrari – I REALLY hope that they don’t go for Norris. The only other options I’d see is Hamilton / Piastri / Hulkenberg / K Mag / Verstappen (which is highly unlikely).

As much as I hate to admit it, I am really depressed about the possibility that Leclerc might leave Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    If by chance, Leclerc were to leave Ferrari – I REALLY hope that they don’t go for Norris. The only other options I’d see is Hamilton / Piastri / Hulkenberg / K Mag / Verstappen (which is highly unlikely).

As much as I hate to admit it, I am really depressed about the possibility that Leclerc might leave Ferrari.
    How about Arthur Leclerc
    Forza Ferrari