Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by RM-Ferrari View Post
    This is a good decision. Mekies has been the "race director" since 2019, and I never understood what exactly he brought on the table. Ferrari's race operation has been subpar ever since Pat Fry left. Mekies being on the pitwall never improved our race operation and the communication between the driver and the pitwall.

And it is quite telling that he, like Sanchez, ending up in a midfield team, rather than a top team.

I wonder who the new racing director will be???

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I wonder who the new racing director will be???
    Hopefully no one. This "racing director" role is only unique to Ferrari and it's totally unnecessary. Fred, as being the team principal, is also the "racing director".

So Mekies(Ferrari) is joining the "RedBull" organization? Is Mekies going to replace Franz Tost whom is TP for Alpha Tauri? I'm scratching my head on this one.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    This is a good decision. Mekies has been the "race director" since 2019, and I never understood what exactly he brought on the table. Ferrari's race operation has been subpar ever since Pat Fry left. Mekies being on the pitwall never improved our race operation and the communication between the driver and the pitwall.

And it is quite telling that he, like Sanchez, ending up in a midfield team, rather than a top team.
    Yep more deadwood being cleared out, good news.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Yep more deadwood being cleared out, good news.
    "Forest for the trees......."

Well that's good......

Another change confirmed today by the F1 Commission and World Motor Sport Council is an increase of power unit elements.

ICE, turbo, MGU-H and MGU-K all increased from a maximum of three to a maximum of four this year only F1.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    "Forest for the trees......."
    Makes sense....mind you every change we make will make no difference right...
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by RM-Ferrari View Post
    Good news.

He was supposed to be in charge of racing operations last year and we saw the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Makes sense....mind you every change we make will make no difference right...

Former Ferrari race engineer reflects on possible F1 comeback: “Rob Smedley”.

I read about Rob Smedley but he will probably go to a British based team since his family are here.

Forza Jules

Do we need "Fellipe baby"?

Makies: Good radiance.

And since Vasseur wanted him to stay, I wonder what the heck was he thinking?

They talk about Merkies as if he is a huge talent. Only average definitely no Aldo costa.Merkies was part of the binotto clan and so the cleansing continues.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    They talk about Merkies as if he is a huge talent. Only average definitely no Aldo costa.Merkies was part of the binotto clan and so the cleansing continues.
    It will be interesting to see if he is replaced or will Vasseur take over that role himself?

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Enrico Balbo is a rumor, but no confirmation.
    https://www.corriere.it/sport/formul...489f6dde.shtml

https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/vi...rari/10462061/

Enrico Balbo plus another very important engineer from Red Bull, Pierre Wache is name to watch in the internet. We will see what comes out of it!

Helmut Marko in Sky Germany more or less said that there are talks for a faster swap with Meckies, but that the RB engineers aren’t available for this.

https://twitter.com/vetteleclerc/sta...sfp9l5bhDKm2ug

https://twitter.com/giulyduchessa/st...sfp9l5bhDKm2ug
    Last edited by brucewayne; 30th April 2023 at 13:25.

https://t.co/iLHAGBwm0k

Apparently we have already an engineer on board who will provide insights to the diffusor stall contribution secret from RB, plus Balbo with a possible shorter gardening leave.

Vasseur is cooking!

Ferrari studies the rear stall that makes the RB19 fly.
    By simulations stalling under certain conditions the beam wing offers up to ~8 km/h instantly. It is exactly the gap between RedBull and others cars when they open

@Formu1a.uno

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari studies the rear stall that makes the RB19 fly.
    By simulations stalling under certain conditions the beam wing offers up to ~8 km/h instantly. It is exactly the gap between RedBull and others cars when they open

@Formu1a.uno
    The road back
    Is happening .

Ferrari is heading in the right direction it will take some time but it's happening,with some clever recruitment the future looks positive.I expect Ferrari to be in front of Aston Martin and Mercedes as we move foward.A copy car like Aston Martin will ultimately fall because you can't copy what you can not see when you have left obviously in this example red bull.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Ferrari is heading in the right direction it will take some time but it's happening,with some clever recruitment the future looks positive.I expect Ferrari to be in front of Aston Martin and Mercedes as we move foward.A copy car like Aston Martin will ultimately fall because you can't copy what you can not see when you have left obviously in this example red bull.
    Everyone knows that if you want to succeed, you don't copy but you understand and integrate what works in what you already implement.
    It's all about blending. Ferrari works towards this philosophy.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/vi...rari/10462061/

Enrico Balbo plus another very important engineer from Red Bull, Pierre Wache is name to watch in the internet. We will see what comes out of it!
    Looks like its not happening !!!
    According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Ferrari failed to sign Pierre Waché and Enrico Balbo.

Negotiations with Balbo quickly came to a halt when it turned out that Balbo wanted to stay in Milton Keynes.
    Waché reportedly immediately rejected Ferrari's proposal.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    That's a severe blow to our plans.

Forza Jules

According to Gazzetta dello Sport, Ferrari failed to sign Pierre Waché and Enrico Balbo.

Negotiations with Balbo quickly came to a halt when it turned out that Balbo wanted to stay in Milton Keynes.
    Waché reportedly immediately rejected Ferrari's proposal.
    Can't blame both of them really. I'm sure the money was good BUUUUUT was it enough. So much for moving to Maranello.

But I was told by someone here that there is no evidence of this ever happening outside of Newey?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    But I was told by someone here that there is no evidence of this ever happening outside of Newey?
    was that person Greig by any chance???? case confirmed adn closed

I think first and foremost we must remember that all this talk about personnel was always just rumours, nothing was concrete. Autosport just published a story saying Ferrari and Red Bull still negotiating on trading personnel. So who do we believe?

"Ferrari's Red Bull F1 signings could hold key to Mekies release
    Ferrari's release of Formula 1 racing director Laurent Mekies to AlphaTauri could be fast-tracked if the Scuderia gets hold of some of its Red Bull signings early, Autosport has learned"

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Indeed, Newey did not want to move to Italy, different to Balbo wanting to remain at Red Bull, hard for you to understand I know.
    Forza Ferrari