Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151627 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

As F-1 is moving along very well in the USA as far as fans ; there has always been Ferrari as the car of cars!! The first thing that gets bought is a Ferrari when someone hits it big!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    As F-1 is moving along very well in the USA as far as fans ; there has always been Ferrari as the car of cars!! The first thing that gets bought is a Ferrari when someone hits it big!
    Right you are Brembo. Bernie Eccelstone always knew Ferrari wins were good for business.

Liberty Media needs to recognize that in the U.S market, the legend and beauty of Ferrari, combined with Charles' model-like handsome and charm, is a marketers gold mine!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Apparently, red bull wants to enter as a NEW entrant in 2026 (just like Audi and Porsche) as red bull power trains so that they will benefit for more money for development just like Audi and Porsche get ( but these 2 really deserve it as they are new entrants), whereas red fulls want to play the victim card too, new name so they think they should get hose privileges too....well I say NO, they are not new entrants, they been with Honda for like 4 years now???

So I think Ferrari is showing them the middle finger by taking their time to sign this....and wouldn’t surprise me if they are NOT gonna use their VETO on this
    You mean Ferrari SHOULD use their veto here? I absolutely agree, it's absolute nonesense RedBool is trying to pull here. Nevermind the fact that they already got their way with the current engine freeze, by playing the victim. When everyone knows that Honda's committement to F1 has always been questionable. RedBull could have stuck, it with Renault. But they took the risk, they should have to lay in the bed they made.

That's why Ferrari needs to show up to this season with the 30 horsepower advantage that is rumoured. And if any other team makes any gains ( and we can tell throught GPS telemetry just like the other teams used against Ferrari in 2019) it must be protested as well. These are Red Bull's own rules, we're going to beat them at their own game. No other team can claim they made engine reliability fixes (apart from Renault) because I didn't see anyone else's engines blow!

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    You mean Ferrari SHOULD use their veto here? I absolutely agree, it's absolute nonesense RedBool is trying to pull here. Nevermind the fact that they already got their way with the current engine freeze, by playing the victim. When everyone knows that Honda's committement to F1 has always been questionable. RedBull could have stuck, it with Renault. But they took the risk, they should have to lay in the bed they made.

That's why Ferrari needs to show up to this season with the 30 horsepower advantage that is rumoured. And if any other team makes any gains ( and we can tell throught GPS telemetry just like the other teams used against Ferrari in 2019) it must be protested as well. These are Red Bull's own rules, we're going to beat them at their own game. No other team can claim they made engine reliability fixes (apart from Renault) because I didn't see anyone else's engines blow!
    exactly, Ferrari SHOULD use their VETO on this hands down....that's why i also said, show them teh middle finger at the same time.

about time Ferrari should wake up and take NO more crap from anyone, especially red fools and Merc....we are the team that's been in this F1 since the very beginning....is MUST mean something
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Seems our new car is 3kg under the minimum weight limit!
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSpeed View Post
    Seems our new car is 3kg under the minimum weight limit!
    How would anyone know this yet? Their launch is over 1 month away, I highly doubt Ferrari is 1 month ahead of schedule and the car is built and painted and just sitting there.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    How would anyone know this yet? Their launch is over 1 month away, I highly doubt Ferrari is 1 month ahead of schedule and the car is built and painted and just sitting there.
    true indeed, these are just wishful rumors.....nothing else
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

By now they should have the chassis & engine complete, which are the heaviest parts. Other parts are probably same weight as last year more or less. So they should have a pretty good idea how heavy the car will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Right you are Brembo. Bernie Eccelstone always knew Ferrari wins were good for business.

Liberty Media needs to recognize that in the U.S market, the legend and beauty of Ferrari, combined with Charles' model-like handsome and charm, is a marketers gold mine!
    Very well said ! Carlos has a few fans in the USA also to say the least!

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Very well said ! Carlos has a few fans in the USA also to say the least!
    Carlos is also a handsome lad, the two of them together in Ferrari red with the beautiful F1 cars Ferrari produces would be great fodder for marketers. And Carlos does have fans here, one time I was out at a pub, and a young man stopped me to tell me that I looked like Carlos, I was quite surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    By now they should have the chassis & engine complete, which are the heaviest parts. Other parts are probably same weight as last year more or less. So they should have a pretty good idea how heavy the car will be.
    This will help with weight distribution.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    If they switched to the new one mid may why shouldn't they be ahead of schedule?
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    This will help with weight distribution.
    Right on.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

For this year we need a car that is .5 seconds a lap faster then red bull or merc! Our guys on the wall aren't proven strategists and can't pull out a victory when 1 second matters in the pits like redbull or merc. HP wins races and allows room for mistakes but when you are so close it's brain power and we just aren't there. I hope they prove me wrong.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/v...uick/10419462/

Hopefully everyone in the factory reads this article. We have to do the same as RB.

Hopefully everyone in the factory reads this article. We have to do the same as RB.
    Forza Ferrari

He is right tho, no? LEC would agree I am sure..
    Наздраве! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    The approach is on point, but it’s not a suprise to see your reaction. Hopefully the team learns from the past.

More HP! Compensates for all other short comings as long as the driver knows how to use it! 2 seconds ahead up front is where it's at!

Red Bull Powertrains will be a new engineer: Ferrari signs the agreement for 2026

As reported by today's edition of Il Corriere Dello Sport, Ferrari will sign the agreement on the 2026 engines since it has not found 'sides' or allies in this political battle against Red Bull, which will be granted the status of new Constructor since Honda has declared that it wants to be part of the game in 2026, but in a completely independent way compared to Red Bull PowerTrains. The latter will therefore put itself to the test 100% without leveraging the know-how of the Japanese giant which will supply the engines to the Milton Keynes team until 2025 only to then become a competitor of Red Bull together with a team that has yet to be identified.

The fact that Mercedes and Renault had no particular grievances in the face of the fact that Red Bull was framed as a new engine manufacturer took the glaze away from Ferrari's hesitations, which after not being invited to the last meeting on 2026 engines as it has not yet signed off the agreement decided to align.

We are getting some teasers of Porsche possibly joining Williams. Nothing confirmed yet.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Dare we dream of a title this year?

I so so want Charles or even Carlos to be WDC!

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    Dare we dream of a title this year?

I so so want Charles or even Carlos to be WDC!
    If the season goes as you so well put it Charles or even Carlos allowed to race for 1st place 'Ferrari may very well do the wining both WCC and WDC.

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Red Bull Powertrains will be a new engineer: Ferrari signs the agreement for 2026

As reported by today's edition of Il Corriere Dello Sport, Ferrari will sign the agreement on the 2026 engines since it has not found 'sides' or allies in this political battle against Red Bull, which will be granted the status of new Constructor since Honda has declared that it wants to be part of the game in 2026, but in a completely independent way compared to Red Bull PowerTrains. The latter will therefore put itself to the test 100% without leveraging the know-how of the Japanese giant which will supply the engines to the Milton Keynes team until 2025 only to then become a competitor of Red Bull together with a team that has yet to be identified.

The fact that Mercedes and Renault had no particular grievances in the face of the fact that Red Bull was framed as a new engine manufacturer took the glaze away from Ferrari's hesitations, which after not being invited to the last meeting on 2026 engines as it has not yet signed off the agreement decided to align.
    Why does Ferrari seem like a neutered version of itself ever since Todt left?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Why does Ferrari seem like a neutered version of itself ever since Todt left?
    this is the new Ferrari mate, one that has NO say anymore....don't even think they can use their VETO even if they wanted to do so.....we need to accept that Ferrari of OLD is in the past...nowadays, Merc and red fools are puling the strings...

SAD BUT TRUE

I'ts all about sponsor $$$$ and what the team then does with the $$$ money. Merc and for sure R Bull are millions ahead of Ferrari with spending availability and F-1 sees that as what counts. Bernie took the money and ran ! As far as F-1 goes.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    this is the new Ferrari mate, one that has NO say anymore....don't even think they can use their VETO even if they wanted to do so.....we need to accept that Ferrari of OLD is in the past...nowadays, Merc and red fools are puling the strings...

SAD BUT TRUE
    From the moment that Honda will be a complete different entity and separated from RBR as it turns out, looking for new clients , I don't see why Ferrari would have to veto this.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    From the moment that Honda will be a complete different entity and separated from RBR as it turns out, looking for new clients , I don't see why Ferrari would have to veto this.
    because as far as i know, RBPT still has access to all the Honda IP. Not only that, they have many of the Honda (and Merc for that matter) engineers.

I guess the question is who has access to the IP. But even if Honda gets back all of it's IP, you can't exactly take that knowledge away from RBPT and all it's engineers. And i'm assuming there would still be people at Honda who know that IP as well. So you'd have two lines of engines from the same common ancestor IP, the only difference is where the money is coming from for the ongoing development and maintence.

The Race did a recent video on this where they sort of debunked any conspiracies about Red Bull's engine saga for the last 4 seasons, but stated going forward that there was reason to be concerned if Red Bull got this deal.

But also, why on earth is Toto letting this happen.

so many questions, and a lot of this post is speculation at this point obviously

because as far as i know, RBPT still has access to all the Honda IP. Not only that, they have many of the Honda (and Merc for that matter) engineers.
    Unpopular opinion:
    That has nothing to do with the 2026 era. Also, every company (Ferrari, RBR, Merc) has poached and poaches engineers from one another, so no, I cannot put that against them. If they leave back to Honda, that's another story but AFAIK they are now part of RBR.

I guess the question is who has access to the IP. But even if Honda gets back all of it's IP, you can't exactly take that knowledge away from RBPT and all it's engineers. And i'm assuming there would still be people at Honda who know that IP as well. So you'd have two lines of engines from the same common ancestor IP, the only difference is where the money is coming from for the ongoing development and maintence.
    Correct. But that , is something that hurts Honda mostly, no? And one has to wonder, why is it that Honda does not say no like we did?

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Unpopular opinion:
    That has nothing to do with the 2026 era. Also, every company (Ferrari, RBR, Merc) has poached and poaches engineers from one another, so no, I cannot put that against them. If they leave back to Honda, that's another story but AFAIK they are now part of RBR.

Correct. But that , is something that hurts Honda mostly, no? And one has to wonder, why is it that Honda does not say no like we did?
    i agree, Honda should say no too.

I would maybe agree with you if the new regulations were renewable fuel ICU only. But they still have a hybrid component with a motor and battery. And RBPT and Honda through the current engine even have atleast some experience now with renewable fuel.

but even then, if we're making the case that it's ok because the new regulations are different enough, why is it Ok for any supplier to receive more testing allowance? One of the appeals of new regulations is supposed to be a clean slate.