Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...onda_trickery/

Lol at Renault....just because they are a bunch of sore losers and can’t build a competitive engine to compete with the other manufacturers, Ferrari, Honda and Merc must be using special trickeries to be better than them......LOL

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...onda_trickery/

Lol at Renault....just because they are a bunch of sore losers and can’t build a competitive engine to compete with the other manufacturers, Ferrari, Honda and Merc must be using special trickeries to be better than them......LOL
    Where did they get this 30 hp for Ferrari, 16 for Merc, and 10 for RBR? Horsepower figures have always been very secretive and only speculative, so what's the source of these figures?

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Where did they get this 30 hp for Ferrari, 16 for Merc, and 10 for RBR? Horsepower figures have always been very secretive and only speculative, so what's the source of these figures?
    Ferrari fans praying out loud!!

i agree with Renault. Merc and RBR had zero reliability problems. So no engine revisions.

Ferrari on the other hand (atleast 3 engine failures during races i can think of this second, and many more preventive swaps), the engine woes are well documented. i feel that 30 bhp figure will just put us slightly above where we were at the beginning of 2022. Just with more reliability. ( If it's 30bhp on top of what we had at the beginning of 2022, then that's really good, and we'll need that if indeed RBR and Merc are getting away with bringing more).

If that's true, so be it, these are the rules RBR and Merc wanted. This would be one time, Ferrari bent the rules better than the other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i agree with Renault. Merc and RBR had zero reliability problems. So no engine revisions.

Ferrari on the other hand (atleast 3 engine failures during races i can think of this second, and many more preventive swaps), the engine woes are well documented. i feel that 30 bhp figure will just put us slightly above where we were at the beginning of 2022. Just with more reliability. ( If it's 30bhp on top of what we had at the beginning of 2022, then that's really good, and we'll need that if indeed RBR and Merc are getting away with bringing more).

If that's true, so be it, these are the rules RBR and Merc wanted. This would be one time, Ferrari bent the rules better than the other teams.
    I would love it if it's true. Beginning of 2022 it seemed Ferrari had the most powerful engine, so another 30 hp would give a noticeable advantage. However, is it 30 hp over the max power of 2022, or 30 hp more than the detuned engine they ran due to reliability? If any of it is true at all.

Alpine is claiming 0 hp increase, though they openly had the strategy of build for most power in 2022, and then work on reliability for 2023, so they should have had a big window to improve. But it sounds like they were the only engine manufacturer that didn't exploit the loop holes.

Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i agree, Honda should say no too.

I would maybe agree with you if the new regulations were renewable fuel ICU only. But they still have a hybrid component with a motor and battery. And RBPT and Honda through the current engine even have atleast some experience now with renewable fuel.

but even then, if we're making the case that it's ok because the new regulations are different enough, why is it Ok for any supplier to receive more testing allowance? One of the appeals of new regulations is supposed to be a clean slate.
    I guess they made for more time for new ones based on "lessons learned" of the Honda experience perse.

That is what I think anyways.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Is it true? I’ve read somewhere that Max has bought a Ferrari SF90 sports car...

Will we see Max driving for us in the near future?
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Is it true? I’ve read somewhere that Max has bought a Ferrari SF90 sports car...

Will we see Max driving for us in the near future?
    Yes, it's true. Max bought an SF90. He also owns an SP2 as well.

No, I seriously doubt Max will drive for Ferrari in the future.

I did read that Ferrari will try EVERYTHING to lure Lando Norris should Leclerc fill Lewis's spot IF Lewis retires from F1.....I really don't blame Leclerc for leaving Ferrari to go to a better team.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

I did read that Ferrari will try EVERYTHING to lure Lando Norris should Leclerc fill Lewis's spot IF Lewis retires from F1.....I really don't blame Leclerc for leaving Ferrari to go to a better team.
    It will be sad if Charles will move to Merc; but I wouldn’t blame him if he will decide to do so
    All the good drivers we had as of late, Ferrari have managed to waste their time by not giving them competitive cars to fight for the championship

We’ll see how 2023 is going to be, hopefully we’ll have a strong car, and not just at the beginning of the season, but the in season developments will be spot ON as well
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Forza Ferrari

And I seriously doubt that these rumours are true to begin with.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

New Haas livery

And I seriously doubt that these rumours are true to begin with.

Ferrari styled scalloped sidepodsd

RedBull - Ford collaboration for 2026.

Red Bull Racing RB19 Launch Event | 2023 F1 Car Launch Live from NYC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1o1yS-JOo

Red Bull Racing RB19 Launch Event | 2023 F1 Car Launch Live from NYC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ko1o1yS-JOo
    Grazie!

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Thoughts on the new Red Bull car and their partnership with Ford from 2026?

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Thoughts on the new Red Bull car and their partnership with Ford from 2026?
    Ford sticker on the car. They will give nothing but money to Red Bull, and Red Bull will continue to develop their engines in house after taking all the Honda designs.

Did they just presented RB18 in RB19 launch event?

Ford sticker on the car. They will give nothing but money to Red Bull, and Red Bull will continue to develop their engines in house after taking all the Honda designs.
    And will pretend to be a new manufacturer, so they will get extra benefits. Ferrari were fighting this but ultimately gave up.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Yes,
    it's true. Max bought an SF90. He also owns an SP2 as well.

F1.....I really don't blame Leclerc for leaving Ferrari to go to a better team.
    Trolling ? Every drivers dream is a seat with Ferrari!! Charles said he would drive free if he had to, just to stay @ Ferrari.

That could prove to be more difficult than it looks or even impossible. Honda has refused to sell the IP of the engine to RBR.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    That could prove to be more difficult than it looks or even impossible. Honda has refused to sell the IP of the engine to RBR.
    They worked out something as the Red Bull Powertrains PU is built off the Honda design. I guarantee that Ford will not be designing an engine from scratch, or building one in their own factories.

They worked out something as the Red Bull Powertrains PU is built off the Honda design. I guarantee that Ford will not be designing an engine from scratch, or building one in their own factories.
    So Honda are going to hand over the IP of their engine, to let Ford rebadge it, is that correct?
    Forza Ferrari

New Alfa Romeo (Sauber) C43

Nice looking car, changes they have made for this year are quite striking. Out of 4 launches so far, this is the "real" 2023 F1 car, others were mere livery launches.

I wouldn't put too much emphasis on this C43 launch regarding the serrated floor and unique diffuser.

Let's see what we see at Bahrain. Livery is nice though.

Could almost be a Ferrari livery, nice looking car.