Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

The SF-23 will have the Ferrari name on the rear wing.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

the new Alpine
    Attachment 8119
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Leaked photo of the W14. Looks like Mercedes went with the zero sidepod concept once again. It's all black too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Leaked photo of the W14. Looks like Mercedes went with the zero sidepod concept once again. It's all black too.
    It's carbon fibre no paint at all.

Got this info from an Italian source regarding the W14 testing at Silverstone.......the car has been misfiring time and time again. Mercedes have taken the engine back to the factory for checkups.

Also, when Russell was asked have they've fixed the bouncing.....he dodged the question and said, "We'll see next week."

Hopefully, the W14 is a repeat of last year.

The W14 is still bouncing as noticed during filming day at Silverstone on a wet track.

The W14 is still bouncing as noticed during filming day at Silverstone on a wet track.
    So it’s still bouncing like a mad kangaroo??? I wouldn’t’ be surprised if they will bring some different sidepods, more like red bull at the Bahrain test….or maybe at the 4th or 5th race….teh thing with that philosophy is that they will automatically be behind…which I don’t mind

But I really was hoping for a 3 way fight this year, between Ferrari, red fools and Merc

Time will tell…

Let's see what happens next week. We still don't know what RB will come up with until then.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    Let's see what happens next week. We still don't know what RB will come up with until then.
    true, after all, they have the genious Newey

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    true, after all, they have the genious Newey
    I don't doubt of the genius of Newey but his cars have not always won championships. I just hope that we solved our tire issues in races and that we can keep up with them in the straights.

After that it's game on. I believe in Charles and I hope he learned some valuable lessons last year. The championship is long process and finishing in lower placing during a race is better that having to DNF.

So it’s still bouncing like a mad kangaroo??? I wouldn’t’ be surprised if they will bring some different sidepods, more like red bull at the Bahrain test….or maybe at the 4th or 5th race….teh thing with that philosophy is that they will automatically be behind…which I don’t mind

But I really was hoping for a 3 way fight this year, between Ferrari, red fools and Merc

Time will tell…
    Be honest ! You want a 2 1/2 way fight between RBull ; Merc and Charles!

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    And even these tests will not be enough to say what the season will be
    For example, the performance gain of Mercedes was consequent last season
    Moreover, we do not really know the potential that they can extract from their zero sidepod concept and even we cannot exclude that it can become the winning concept in the future
    I am confident in the quality of the SF23, but to win in the end, it will be necessary to be technicaly better than RB and Mercedes and be very strong the entire season in all other areas (development, reliability, strategy, driving, politics), which is the opposite of what we sometimes show in 2022!
    To be honest, the challenge is real

Quote Originally Posted by Gilles View Post
    And even these tests will not be enough to say what the season will be
    For example, the performance gain of Mercedes was consequent last season
    Moreover, we do not really know the potential that they can extract from their zero sidepod concept and even we cannot exclude that it can become the winning concept in the future
    I am confident in the quality of the SF23, but to win in the end, it will be necessary to be technicaly better than RB and Mercedes and be very strong the entire season in all other areas (development, reliability, strategy, driving, politics), which is the opposite of what we sometimes show in 2022!
    To be honest, the challenge is real
    nobody said that teh challenge won't be real next year for us, everything has to be top notch, from car development, strategy, error free from our drivers, better tire wear...etc, etc

and also let's not be fooling ourselves, red bull will be the team to beat next year (given they finished the year on a high) as well as let;s not underestimate Merc, i'm pretty sure they won't be having two bad beginning of the year in a row
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

nobody said that teh challenge won't be real next year for us, everything has to be top notch, from car development, strategy, error free from our drivers, better tire wear...etc, etc

and also let's not be fooling ourselves, red bull will be the team to beat next year (given they finished the year on a high) as well as let;s not underestimate Merc, i'm pretty sure they won't be having two bad beginning of the year in a row
    I don’t blame anyone. The meaning of my sentence is that as fans, we are often impatient and tend not to objectively measure the difficulty

Ferrari needs to just max out and use all HP on strait away' s esp. if one of our guys starts from pole. Just don't hit anything!

How does Mercedes have a Plan "B" car IF the Plan "A" car doesn't work? Budget Cap anyone?

How does Mercedes have a Plan "B" car IF the Plan "A" car doesn't work? Budget Cap anyone?
    they are allowed....it is Mercedes after all.....and the FIA will do everything in their power to give hamster that 8th title before he retires
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

they are allowed....it is Mercedes after all.....and the FIA will do everything in their power to give hamster that 8th title before he retires
    This.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Time will tell…
    What i want is merc to be in the midfield for the next 10 years.
    I don't get why some people want merc to fight for titles.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    Exactly! I wouldn't mind another 2004 again, Ferrari winning all the races

There had been News that Porsche was going to Partner Red Bull. That Deal has said to have collapsed.
    There had been rumours that Porsche were going to Partner Williams Racing in 2026. Williams and Porsche have rubbished this speculation.
    For me personally, I would love it to happen. Two of my favourite things joining forces would be like a Dream come True. Having followed Williams since the 1990's, in the 1980's, I loved (and still love), the Porsche 911 Turbo.

Then again, I like BMW's. Williams had the Partnership with BMW in the early 2000's. I was thrilled when that Partnership was announced. But after a few years, the BMW Williams Partnership turned sour. Both sides had different opinions on where the Team should be / how they operate.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

Apparently, Mercedes has a B-Spec car ready.

Anyone can confirm?

Well, breaking this so called "cap" can earn Mercedes 10% reduction in wind tunnel time from their allocated limit, which is hardly a punishment. So I don't see why Mercedes/any other team shouldn't be overspending. After all, the RB18 was an illegal car. It was developed by going over the budget limit.

That's why I want Ferrari to be aggressive and develop the SF23 by going over the budget cap limit. Red Bull's so called "punishment" is a great incentive for Ferrari to not strictly adhere to the budget cap.

2021 was a clear example of what you say! Go Masi !! Go F I A ! Help Sir Lewis any way you can!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Well, breaking this so called "cap" can earn Mercedes 10% reduction in wind tunnel time from their allocated limit, which is hardly a punishment. So I don't see why Mercedes/any other team shouldn't be overspending. After all, the RB18 was an illegal car. It was developed by going over the budget limit.

That's why I want Ferrari to be aggressive and develop the SF23 by going over the budget cap limit. Red Bull's so called "punishment" is a great incentive for Ferrari to not strictly adhere to the budget cap.
    The punishment depends on the level of overspend.
    Unless you tell me a new car costs 450K or so (the level of RBR overspend) I don't see how Merc building a new car would mean 10% punishment.
    TBH I doubt they have a new car, I believe this is just BS trying to appease their mob after the signs that they have a failure of a car.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

The punishment depends on the level of overspend.
    Unless you tell me a new car costs 450K or so (the level of RBR overspend) I don't see how Merc building a new car would mean 10% punishment.
    TBH I doubt they have a new car, I believe this is just BS trying to appease their mob after the signs that they have a failure of a car.
    They exceeded the budget cap by 1.8 million pounds. And it can and did make a huge difference. They could've easily spent that money on procuring lightweight materials.
    But yeah, I also doubt the "b-spec" rumor. Mercedes likes to play the underdog card, so it's best to ignore them.

Same here…Merc should never see the podium or win a race ever again.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    They exceeded the budget cap by 1.8 million pounds. And it can and did make a huge difference. They could've easily spent that money on procuring lightweight materials.
    But yeah, I also doubt the "b-spec" rumor. Mercedes likes to play the underdog card, so it's best to ignore them.
    I believe that the overspend was 480k pounds as a total amount and not 1.8m.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...20tax%20credit.

But in all seriousness, ok, even if we take 1.8mn, do we seriously debate that with 1.8mn, they can produce a racing car that can go against the RBR and Ferrari?
    In what universe?

I believe that the overspend was 480k pounds as a total amount and not 1.8m.

https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sp...20tax%20credit.

But in all seriousness, ok, even if we take 1.8mn, do we seriously debate that with 1.8mn, they can produce a racing car that can go against the RBR and Ferrari?
    In what universe?
    In this universe.

I always ignore "positive" and "negative" rumors during the pre-season testing. Data from wind tunnels and CFD's don't mean **** if they don't correlate with the real-world data. I'm also not that bothered about Mercedes/RBR. Both of them can wither and suffer eternally.

HP; correct tire choices, 2 sec. pits will make the 2023 year great and competitive. The drivers are pretty much one as good as the other as far as who can get the pole; and win. " The Car! " more than ever will be the factor!