Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/64787396

The Spanish Grand Prix this year will run on a much faster circuit layout, with the final chicane replaced by two high-speed right-hand corners. The Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya's final sector will revert to a design not used in Formula 1 since 2006. A chicane was introduced before the final corner in 2007 in an attempt to increase overtaking opportunities.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari revises pit wall: engineers have new screens for better reading and data analysis

The Scuderia is in full evolution: Iñaki Rueda leaves his his role and the responsibility for strategies to Ravin Jain, after a redistribution of the tasks from the French team principal. Speaking to Motorsport.com at the conclusion of three days of testing, Fred Vasseur explained:

“From the outside, when we talk about strategy, we always tend to look at the person sitting on the pit wall. In reality it is a much more complex mechanism, there is software, there is a flow of information, a communication channel, aspects that are often more important than who physically sits in the seat”.

“We have decided to change the organization, so Inaki will be in Maranello, focused on sporting aspects and Ravin will be on the pit wall. But that’s not the only change. We also reviewed the flow of communication to make sure you have an efficient exchange, because when everything goes well there is time to allow interaction between three or four people, but when you have to react in a second it’s a different story, because it can present a scenario that was not in the plans. We thought of something a little more direct, and I think it will work well”.

Motorsport’s Giorgio Piola, taking a look at the Ferrari structure that was brought to the pit wall for the Sakhir tests, pointed out a significant change: the monitors on which the information processed by the FOM is shown are much larger than previously. There are two larger screens for each station and it is striking that there is one vertical, while the second is inclined and has a curved screen to facilitate better reading and analysis of the data. Ferrari has therefore completely revised the setup of the pit wall. Now, each engineer on the wall has larger screens. Xavi (on the left) has a lower screen which shows telemetry traces, to give references to the driver.

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-rev...data-analysis/

Mercedes Director Predicts Nyck de Vries Could Replace Sergio Perez in Red Bull

Andrew Shovlin said he would not be surprised if de Vries bags a Red Bull seat in the next year or so.

Shovlin stated that he "wouldn't be surprised" if the Dutch driver made the move to Red Bull in the near future, even though de Vries was previously a reserve driver for Mercedes.

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...-red-bull-lm22

La traición de Verstappen a su compañero

El holandés, que no tenía nada que perder, no cedió su puesto a Sergio Pérez, que pelea por el subcampeonato. El equipo se lo pidió por radio
    https://www.larazon.es/deportes/2022...lcrf2n63e.html

¡Cuidado, Checo! "Nyck de Vries puede correr en Red Bull en 2024"

Sergio Checo Pérez podría estar en graves problemas. Eso es lo que piensa Andrew Shlovin, director de ingeniería de Mercedes, quien pone a Nyck de Vries en su asiento para 2024.

https://www.gpfans.com/es/f1-noticia...-bull-en-2024/

"The two-time world champion in F1 Máx Verstappen sentences his teammate Checo Pérez." If Checo is not up to the task this season, I don't want him to continue one more season by my side, I want Nick de Vries."

Considering all these rumors, the name on the Redbull 2nd driver's seat may change next season. it seems like Checo lost his credit in the eyes of Redbull, they will disregard him.

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    Mercedes Director Predicts Nyck de Vries Could Replace Sergio Perez in Red Bull

Andrew Shovlin said he would not be surprised if de Vries bags a Red Bull seat in the next year or so.

Shovlin stated that he "wouldn't be surprised" if the Dutch driver made the move to Red Bull in the near future, even though de Vries was previously a reserve driver for Mercedes.

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...-red-bull-lm22

La traición de Verstappen a su compañero

El holandés, que no tenía nada que perder, no cedió su puesto a Sergio Pérez, que pelea por el subcampeonato. El equipo se lo pidió por radio
    https://www.larazon.es/deportes/2022...lcrf2n63e.html

¡Cuidado, Checo! "Nyck de Vries puede correr en Red Bull en 2024"

Sergio Checo Pérez podría estar en graves problemas. Eso es lo que piensa Andrew Shlovin, director de ingeniería de Mercedes, quien pone a Nyck de Vries en su asiento para 2024.

https://www.gpfans.com/es/f1-noticia...-bull-en-2024/

"The two-time world champion in F1 Máx Verstappen sentences his teammate Checo Pérez." If Checo is not up to the task this season, I don't want him to continue one more season by my side, I want Nick de Vries."

Considering all these rumors, the name on the Redbull 2nd driver's seat may change next season. it seems like Checo lost his credit in the eyes of Redbull, they will disregard him.
    Ricciardo will replace Checo...fyi.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    Did he really use those words? If so, then what an ungrateful schmuck. Perez was one the reason why he won the 2021 title.
    Guy lacks basic respect for his peers. But there's a thing called Karma, and hopefully Verstappen will get his comeuppance soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Did he really use those words? If so, then what an ungrateful schmuck. Perez was one the reason why he won the 2021 title.
    Guy lacks basic respect for his peers. But there's a thing called Karma, and hopefully Verstappen will get his comeuppance soon enough.
    it seems more like a speculation

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Perez and MASI !!! the 2 reasons why he won 2021! Throw in FIA,

Rumor:

Gino Rosato accused of being Ferrari ‘mole’ that leaked sensitive information to media

Link: https://scuderiafans.com/f1-rumor-gi...tion-to-media/

McLaren making changes also David Sanchez joining them in 2024 after his Ferrari gardening time ends.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/65054104
    Forza Ferrari

I remember a lot of forum members were adamant that Key was a missed opportunity for Ferrari.

Forza Ferrari

RUMOR (Highly stressed)

So Adrian Newey's contract ends with RedBull in 2024. Rumors are saying that Lawrence Stroll (AMRF1) is trying to lure Newey along with Dan Fallows whom is currently working for AMRF1.

to be continued IF this rumor is true.

That would interesting. However, AM should promise him a lot and above all peace of mind.
    Can Stroll stay at the sidelines? If yes, he could provably convince him. If not...

One thing is sure though. He will not come to Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    RUMOR (Highly stressed)

So Adrian Newey's contract ends with RedBull in 2024. Rumors are saying that Lawrence Stroll (AMRF1) is trying to lure Newey along with Dan Fallows whom is currently working for AMRF1.

I heard Helmut Marko is not getting along well with new RB Boss. Dietrich's passing has rocked Marko's relationship

It's POSSIBLE Baku2023 might have 2 qualifying sessions. BakuGP is in 4 weeks time.

Baku2023 will have a Sprint race fyi.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    That would interesting. However, AM should promise him a lot and above all peace of mind.
    Can Stroll stay at the sidelines? If yes, he could provably convince him. If not...

One thing is sure though. He will not come to Ferrari.

Never know. Maybe he'd be up to the challenge of getting Ferrari back on top. One thing for sure, if anyone could ask to work autonomously without scrutiny or interference, Newey could probably swing that in his contract.
    Might be a good pairing, him and Vasseur.

RUMOR (Highly stressed)

If any of this is true, it could legitimately happen. Newey already has ties with Aston Martin (Valkerie) and he isn't apposed to new challenges.

BREAKING NEWS: FOM together with the FIA have decided to experiment with a full reserve grid at the 2023 Azerbaijan Grand Prix. How will it work? P20 starts from pole position with the fastest driver in qualifying starting from P20.

BREAKING NEWS: FOM together with the FIA have decided to experiment with a full reserve grid at the 2023 Azerbaijan Grand Prix. How will it work? P20 starts from pole position with the fastest driver in qualifying starting from P20.
    The statistical records of F1 need be restarted since 2019.

Point for Fastest lap in 2019
    Sprint Races in 2021
    Now reverse grid in 2023?

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    The statistical records of F1 need be restarted since 2019.

Point for Fastest lap in 2019
    Sprint Races in 2021
    Now reverse grid in 2023?
    April Fools!!!!...........

April Fools!!!!...........
    i guess it's the 1st somewhere lol

Lewis Hamilton’s first F1 title under threat as Felipe Massa assesses legal options
    https://www.independent.co.uk/f1/lew...-b2313961.html

This would be interesting. I would obviously love for Massa to be awarded the title. I also think Hamilton should have won in 2021 as well. Would be great to see Verstappen stripped of a title :D

I think this sport needs the benefit of credibility. Rules should be applied consistently and correctly. Go as far back as you have to, whether it's good or bad for my preferred team. Get it right and start policing it properly. Otherwise, you're left with a clown show, like the NHL, where rules are thrown out the window as soon as the playoffs come around the corner.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

This would be interesting. I would obviously love for Massa to be awarded the title. I also think Hamilton should have won in 2021 as well. Would be great to see Verstappen stripped of a title :D
    yeah, but you can't compare what happened in 2021 with what happened in 2008....that was full ON deliberate crash set up by Briatore and Co.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

I think this sport needs the benefit of credibility. Rules should be applied consistently and correctly. Go as far back as you have to, whether it's good or bad for my preferred team. Get it right and start policing it properly. Otherwise, you're left with a clown show, like the NHL, where rules are thrown out the window as soon as the playoffs come around the corner.
    What a crybaby(Massa)!!! He's going to pin Singapore2008 the "be all and end all" of his 2008 season? What about his engine grenading at Hungary? What about the hose debacle in the pit lane?

He just can't let 2008 go can he?

Unreal....

You would cry like a baby also,you are not in his shoes nor have you walked the walk.In f1 always expect the unexpected from the circus.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    You would cry like a baby also,you are not in his shoes nor have you walked the walk.In f1 always expect the unexpected from the circus.
    Nope...not me. This happened 15 years ago and he's resurrecting the Piquet(crashgate) as the ONLY THING that eluded Massa from winning the 2008 title.

At the end of the day it just goes to show everyone just how scandalous formula1 can be,always has and always will be the entire f1 sport needs an enama for a total clean out.A sport for ever shrouded in scandal this is its main attraction mixed with powerful wealth and glamour,a cocktail of always expect the unexpected.

Would be so good if Massa got the title he deserved.
    Forza Ferrari

What a crybaby(Massa)!!! He's going to pin Singapore2008 the "be all and end all" of his 2008 season? What about his engine grenading at Hungary? What about the hose debacle in the pit lane?

Unreal....
    The race could be disqualified . Massa only lost by 1 point so if singapore was deemed an illegal race Massa could be the 2008 champion. I can't see it happen.

Forza Jules

Unreal....
    It's only because certain admissions from Bernie have opened this case again, so why shouldn't Felipe try to get justice. F1 has never been above the law, although sometimes it tries to be.