Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: 2023 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    LDM has been giving his opinion of the current state of the team.
    He believes it will take years to rebuild the team........not very encouraging but unfortunately possibly true.
    Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Ferrari on the hunt for F1 engineers but Maranello no longer as attractive as it used to be.

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-on-...as-it-used-to/
    How many years? It's been 15 years already. How many more?
    Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    Last year he also mentioned that the one of the critical roles of the Team Principal is to fight and win the political battle, implying that Ferrari had clearly been failing in this, especially with TD39.
    I know we are all waiting expecting miracles.
    In 1996 the dream team was formed and it took 3/4 years to be championship ready. We are nowhere near that
    OMG, all these "Anti-Ferrari" posts!!!.......someone's not going to like this.....
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    OMG, all these "Anti-Ferrari" posts!!!.......someone's not going to like this.....
    Yet none of them accuse Ferrari of being cheats.....strange that.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Nonetheless they are "Anti-Ferrari." (You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig")

Would you like me to go to the last 3 race threads for you and pick some more "Anti-Ferrari" posts?

I would say that the posts you highlight are from fans who are concerned about the team. There is nothing anti ferrari in any of them. LDM has been giving his opinion and the above are nearly all comments about what he said.
    Anti-Ferrari NEVER.

Forza Jules

I would say that the posts you highlight are from fans who are concerned about the team. There is nothing anti ferrari in any of them. LDM has been giving his opinion and the above are nearly all comments about what he said.
    Anti-Ferrari NEVER.
    Agreed....as am I "concerned" for the team for the past 15+ years and going forward.

If you notice, I put the "Anti-Ferrari" in quotes because this is the narrative of someone whom used "Anti-Ferrari."
    Last edited by jgonzalesm6; 6th April 2023 at 22:36.

Agreed....as am I "concerned" for the team for the past 15+ years and going forward.

If you notice, I put the "Anti-Ferrari" in quotes because this is the narrative of someone whom used "Anti-Ferrari."
    In regards to your latest posts when you call attack the team for others cheating.
    Forza Ferrari

Anti-Ferrari NEVER.
    Or are some fans not concerned enough? Critical thinking as a fan is not forbidden.

Ferrari on the hunt for F1 engineers but Maranello no longer as attractive as it used to be.

https://scuderiafans.com/ferrari-on-...as-it-used-to/
    Unsurprising. Current Italian government is imposing a low that will hand anyone speaking english a hefty fine. So why would anyone move there?

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Unsurprising. Current Italian government is imposing a low that will hand anyone speaking english a hefty fine. So why would anyone move there?
    Would only apply to public officials and government documents.

Would not affect anyone living or working in Italy.

I see Fred has requested a review into the Sainz penalty. Wonder how that will go?

Forza Jules

I see Fred has requested a review into the Sainz penalty. Wonder how that will go?
    1) Not holding my breath.

2) He's also had a pop at the feeble penalty handed to Red Bull for their previous cheating...
    Trying to be less angry..

Vasseur given the green light by upper management to find professionals abroad(U.K.????) and recruit them.

It's gonna be awhile before this team fights it's way to the front.

Good Luck Vasseur.

Really? That is very regressive.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Vasseur given the green light by upper management to find professionals abroad(U.K.????) and recruit them.

It's gonna be awhile before this team fights it's way to the front.

Good Luck Vasseur.
    Sounds like Italy is not a comfortable place to live if you don't speak the language.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Since the days of Todt/Brawn, Ferrari made a very clear goal to be as Italian as possible and it has proved to be an utter failure. What foreigner would want to be the first quality engineer to join a team that had that narrow minded philosophy for the better part of 15 years?

And now rumors of a law that fines people for speaking English. Italy is sounding like a horrific place to live or visit.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    And now rumors of a law that fines people for speaking English. Italy is sounding like a horrific place to live or visit.
    I looked this up and found that a fine is imposed on Italians who use English or non Italian words in official communications.......no mention about expats using English in their day to day life.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    Since the days of Todt/Brawn, Ferrari made a very clear goal to be as Italian as possible and it has proved to be an utter failure. What foreigner would want to be the first quality engineer to join a team that had that narrow minded philosophy for the better part of 15 years?

Guys relax. Where are you reading news ? CNN and BBC ? English WRITTEN ONLY language is ONLY excluded from official documents. Meloni is making Italy great again. Let’s leave politics out of our beloved forum.

I looked this up and found that a fine is imposed on Italians who use English or non Italian words in official communications.......no mention about expats using English in their day to day life.
    Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Guys relax. Where are you reading news ? CNN and BBC ? English WRITTEN ONLY language is ONLY excluded from official documents. Meloni is making Italy great again. Let’s leave politics out of our beloved forum.
    Law on language is something I don't support, as I imagine many will not. I agree with DJTaurus in not making this a political conversation. The point is things like this can only help detour foreigners from joining Ferrari. Given the vast majority of Formula 1 experience is from the UK, who's going to want to pack their bags and move to Italy with Ferrari's Italian-only matters culture and the countries potential laws against English?

The vast majority of F1-1 fans and the team most wanted to be with; driver wise; is and always will be FERRARI !

Your wording is incorrect and misleading. Italy 'proposed' the language law. They haven't imposed anything. One far right politician proposed it and the Italian government said they are not pushing for it. It will never become law anyway. There is no way to properly police it and it's all a storm in a tea cup

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Your wording is incorrect and misleading. Italy 'proposed' the language law. They haven't imposed anything. One far right politician proposed it and the Italian government said they are not pushing for it. It will never become law anyway. There is no way to properly police it and it's all a storm in a tea cup
    Ok please tell me why she is far right ?

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Ok please tell me why she is far right ?
    She who? These days, not being woke is considered far right so I wouldn't take it seriously. The suposed proposed law will never come into effect. Storm in a tea cup. Anyway, Ferrari's problems doesn't stem from some random Italian saying 'enit' at the end of his sentence

Changing the subject somewhat Ferrari have found a successor for Sanchez..........Fabio Montecchi. Apparently he has been with the team since 2004.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Just wait until Ferrari starts winning again.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Like Ferrari hasn't cheated?
    This is not at any point about Ferrari having cheated in the past.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Anit-Ferrari?? I'm not delusional.

Are you aware how many "anti-Ferrari"(again, this is your narrative) posts, other than mine, are on this forum?
    Actually yes of course you are.
    You have zero evidences but you CHOOSE to believe what people against Ferrari choose to believe.
    Your right, however we also choose to believe you're Anti Ferrari.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Nonetheless they are "Anti-Ferrari." (You can put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig")

Would you like me to go to the last 3 race threads for you and pick some more "Anti-Ferrari" posts?
    No, anti ferrari is when you choose to spew poison in a Ferrari forum saying that Ferrari cheats.

Why you're not banned is beyond me.

LMAO. Nice deflection dude. There is a huge difference between not being happy with Ferrari's current form and how it's been run versus accusing them of being cheats.
    But coming from you, it's hardly surprising. Afterall, you are the guy who was cheering RB's overtake on Ferrari back in 2021.
    I guess to you, Ferrari founding a loophole and using it as an advantage is "cheating", but RB overspending by 7 million over the allocated budget cap is cleaver accounting.

It's quite obvious that you love RB. But this is not a place for that. Take your "love" somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    She who? These days, not being woke is considered far right so I wouldn't take it seriously. The suposed proposed law will never come into effect. Storm in a tea cup. Anyway, Ferrari's problems doesn't stem from some random Italian saying 'enit' at the end of his sentence
    Hmmm, storm in the tea cup you say, but the reality is quite different. Italy is already one of the toughest places for a foreigner to settle in. So no wonder they can't attract Newey or any of his protégé's.
    And Italian politics is absolutely garbage.

The examples are right Infront our eyes. Just look at Ducati and compare their results before and after Audi took over. Ferrari needs exactly something like that. As long as it's under the umbrella of FIAT and as long as people like Elkann and Vigna are allowed to run the show, it will not improve.

Hmmm, storm in the tea cup you say, but the reality is quite different. Italy is already one of the toughest places for a foreigner to settle in. So no wonder they can't attract Newey or any of his protégé's.
    And Italian politics is absolutely garbage.

The examples are right Infront our eyes. Just look at Ducati and compare their results before and after Audi took over. Ferrari needs exactly something like that. As long as it's under the umbrella of FIAT and as long as people like Elkann and Vigna are allowed to run the show, it will not improve.
    So Ducati's success is due to good management and investment and nothing to do with foreign enigeers struggling to settle in Italy? If Ferrari can't employ top foreign engineers then surely Ducati would have had the same issue. Ferrari's top brass might need replacing but that's a different discussion. Ferrari's problems are in no way linked to Italians wanting to speak Italian or the country being difficult to settle in