Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: F1 2023 Pre-Season Testing (23-25 February)

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    not only this season since max is in the first seat of RB, but they also prioritize everything for Max, not even for alex albon, ricciardo or now for perez. yes making the car fast is not a topic here, making a car according to their primer driver is the key here. you can make a car in line with your budget, the car might be a slow car, but as a team, you build that car in line with your fastest driver's wishes. F1 car must be fast, this is not the case here. the case here is the comfort of your driver in the car when he is racing.

2019 ferrari car was the fastest car, but was not the quicker in the corners our drivers were not comfortable inside that car. making fast car is not everything in this sport. there are many key points you have not to miss.

you get me wrong again i dont think that ferrari builds a car for sainz. i want to say that ferrari have to build it for Charles. ferrari have to do what RB does to max. if they wanna that title.
    It’s so obvious, we are competing in times where you have limited resources, why waste anything for your slower driver? RB uses everything they have to maximize their output for Max. You can’t compete with a distributed approach. It’s simply not possible.

In your 1st link Max says he has to adapt to the car also, did you read it? LOL

Ferrari have not designed the car to have understeer, they have made it to be as fast as they can. What design features do you see on Ferrari to make it understeer?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post

Ferrari have not designed the car to have understeer, they have made it to be as fast as they can. What design features do you see on Ferrari to make it understeer?
    It‘s worrying if that is our fastest approach, as we won’t solve our tire issues with an understeering car. But let’s see what we have in hands.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    It‘s worrying if that is our fastest approach, as we won’t solve our tire issues with an understeering car. But let’s see what we have in hands.
    So you want us to design a slower car? as long as it's good on the tyres?

Can you tell me what part of the design is to give understeer?
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari has not designed the car to have understeer, they have made it to be as fast as they can. What design features do you see on Ferrari to make it understeer?

I read it, that's why i put it. i want you to read it too. Max says, he never wants to drive a car that is understeer. his driving style is oversteering like other young drivers.
    If RB had been produced a car that understeering, and max had said that I have to adapt to drive this. you would have been right. but he dislikes this type of car, and Redbull never produces a car that is understeering.

look at us, our Verstappen-like driver is whining about our car since the second part of the last season, and still. but we persistently force him to drive the understeering car.

he doesnt like this car, just like verstappen does. but the point you dont want to understand is RB try to shape their car to make Max more comfortable, on the other hand, we try to make Leclerc more disturbed
    Last edited by stasera; 28th February 2023 at 19:34.

So you want us to design a slower car? as long as it's good on the tyres?
    I want the fastest car with great tire wear, RB shows us how to to it.

I read it, that's why i put it. i want you to read it too. Max says, he never wants to drive a car that is understeer. his driving style is oversteering like other young drivers.
    If RB has been produced a car that understeering, and max has said that I have to adapt to drive this. you would be right. but he dislikes this type of car, and Redbull never produces a car that is understeering.

look at us, our Verstappen-like driver is whining about our car since the second part of the last season, and still. but we persistently force him to drive the understeering car.

he doesnt like this car, as verstappen. but the point you dont want to understand is RB try to shape their car to make Max more confortable, on the other hand we try to make Leclerc more disturbing
    But they did produce a understeering car in 2022 as your articles state?

I will ask again, what is the design features on the car that make it understeer? do you know?
    Forza Ferrari

If RB had been produced a car that understeering, and max had said that I have to adapt to drive this. you would be right. but he dislikes this type of car, and Redbull never produces a car that is understeering.

he doesnt like this car, as verstappen. but the point you dont want to understand is RB try to shape their car to make Max more confortable, on the other hand we try to make Leclerc more disturbing
    Ferrari in the new era loves to betray their fastest drivers, it doesn’t seem that they want to learn. The gift that keeps on giving.

But they did produce a understeering car in 2022 as your articles state?

I will ask again, what is the design features on the car that make it understeer? do you know?
    they produced understeering car in 2022 he was so disturbed in that car. you know already leclerc was winning some gp then.

but if you continue to read my links, you would see that RB completely changed their cars in 2022 season to make Verstappen comfortable. and they confessed that, the development of RB18, hurts Perez's performance. because Max didnt want to drive that car, because his performance was not enough to beat Leclerc even Perez. If you remember, Perez was better than Max in some tracks like the Saudi Arabian GP.

But RB, tried to change their car, according to Verstappen's wishes, and Perez has been disappeared. I accept that RB18 started 2022 season as an understeering car. but they eventually changed that car according to Max's wishes. Perez and Leclerc beat him a few times at the first of the season, but after this change in their cars, he annihilated Perez and Leclerc ruthlessly

Red Bull admit that car development has had impact on Perez form

https://racingnews365.com/red-bull-a...-on-perez-form

they produced understeering car in 2022 he was so disturbed in that car. you know already leclerc was winning some gp then.

but if you continue to read my links, you would see that RB completely changed their cars in 2022 season to make Verstappen comfortable. and they confessed that, the development of RB18, hurts Perez's performance. because Max didnt want to drive that car, because his performance was not enough to beat Leclerc even Perez. If you remember, Perez was better than Max in some tracks like the Saudi Arabian GP.

But RB, tried to change their car, according to Verstappen's wishes, and Perez has been disappeared. I accept that RB18 started 2022 season as an understeering car. but they eventually changed that car according to Max's wishes. and Perez and Leclerc beat him a few times, but after changing his car, he annihilated Perez and Leclerc ruthlessly

Great teams do what needs to be done.
    It seems that we already plan to introduce a new front wing. Not ideal.

But RB, tried to change their car, according to Verstappen's wishes, and Perez has been disappeared. I accept that RB18 started 2022 season as an understeering car. but they eventually changed that car according to Max's wishes. and Perez and Leclerc beat him a few times, but after changing his car, he annihilated Perez and Leclerc ruthlessly

Max was still up front.....again with the link that states they did not develop it to help Max, but developed the car to be faster. Do you read them at all?

Ferrari still had Max on the run up until the TD at Spa, you are placing far too much onto this, we were more than a match for them last year until the TD.
    Forza Ferrari

Great teams do what needs to be done.
    It seems that we already plan to introduce a new front wing. Not ideal.
    So not ideal to bring a new front wing to stop the car having so much oversteer? Make your mind up....
    Forza Ferrari

Max was still up front.....again with the link that states they did not develop it to help Max, but developed the car to be faster. Do you read them at all?

Ferrari still had Max on the run up until the TD at Spa, you are placing far too much onto this, we were more than a match for them last year until the TD.
    dont trust the Management of RB

"Red Bull admit that car development has had impact on Perez form"

only way of increasing Max's performance and reducing Perez's performance is to change the car according to Max's wishes. if you don't believe it, you can call it just a miracle or just a coincidence. if max have adopted a new driving style, then his performance would have increased, but at the same time if perez's performance has reduced there must be something in the balance of the car. if they dont change it for max then why perez lost his all performance suddenly.

RB deny everything. they exceed budged gap, and they denied it, max was saying that "they envy us because we are succesful" dude you re just a driver not an accountant, you cant even know if your team exceed the limits.

Alex Albon believes that Red Bull designs its cars to suit the requirements of its star driver, Max Verstappen, but the two-time F1 world champion strongly disagrees with that assertion:

as you see they always deny

dont trust the Management of RB

"Red Bull admit that car development has had impact on Perez form"

only way of increasing Max's performance and reducing Perez's performance is to change the car according to Max's wishes. if you don't believe it, you can call it just a miracle or just a coincidence. if max have adopted a new driving style, then his performance would have increased, but at the same time if perez's performance has reduced there must be something in the balance of the car. if the doesnt change or max then why perez lost his all performance suddenly.

RB deny everything. they exceed budged gap, and they denied it, max was saying that "they envy us because we are succesful" dude you re driver not an accountant, you cant even know if your team exceed the limits.

Alex Albon believes that Red Bull designs its cars to suit the requirements of its star driver, Max Verstappen, but the two-time F1 world champion strongly disagrees with that assertion:

as you see they always deny

You believe what you want, as I said it made no real difference until the TD at Spa ruined our car. Was the car suited to Max when Charles destroyed him in Austria? yes it was.....
    Forza Ferrari

You believe what you want, as I said it made no real difference until the TD at Spa ruined our car. Was the car suited to Max when Charles destroyed him in Austria? yes it was.....

charles beat him so bad in austria, because RB set their car up wrongly. they did a mistake about set-up of the car. RB18 ate the tyres horrible

So not ideal to bring a new front wing to stop the car having so much oversteer? Make your mind up....
    It’s literally not ideal, otherwise they wouldn’t need a new front wing this early… make your mind up…

Ferrari in the new era loves to betray their fastest drivers, it doesn’t seem that they want to learn. The gift that keeps on giving.
    i was mad at what happened in the british gp to leclerc. but still we won that race, sainz was so happy about the first victory. they took photos as a team, even leclerc was smiling. i said its ok then, we won, our driver got the pole and he won the race even the first time in the british gp. it was super. but we could do it without ruining another driver's race. leclerc can be second so its okay, if we want sainz to get his first victory. the team should have said Leclerc to give his position to sainz for that victory. but we won then i forgot this event. at least we won there.

but what i hate and can never forget is Monaco. you got pole in your home GP, and overtaking is almost impossible here. if you dont crash you will finish the race at the same place, or the worst option you might lose a position. (with pit strategy or maybe with a lock-up after the tunnel) our driver started from the pole in his home gran prix. he lost 3 positions in the monaco hp. its hilarious, you cant lose 3 positions even if you want. its unforgettable, even for us. I cant think what he felt after this ridiculous event.

i dont mind silly mistakes like in SPA (trying fastest lap in the last lap lol) but what happened in monaco is unacceptable, if i were him, i would park my car and go to my home by leaving the race.
    Last edited by stasera; 28th February 2023 at 20:16.

Just like Charles, he still did beat Sainz in the second half of the season. AD was a masterpiece, but it's still not enough if we can't handle the tires because of an understeering car. To maximize our resources, and there is no way around that with a budget cap, we have to build a car more suited to Charles. We won' compete with RB/Max otherwise, that's for sure. If we can achieve that, we are automatically faster, just like RB was in the second half of 2022. So let's see what kind of car we have this year.
    I don't think anyone would purposely build a car that understeers, I can't remember the last time that a car with this type of characteristic won a title. Personally, I think it's the new suspension geometry that has something to do with it and now Ferrari might be stuck trying to develop a new front wing to counteract this issue, which may not be ideal.

EDIT: Seems it's confirmed by MV as well, a car that understeers is not a title winning car. Ferrari would not make a car understeer just to help Sainz, they know it's not a championship winning philosophy.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

It’s literally not ideal, otherwise they wouldn’t need a new front wing this early… make your mind up…
    I never said it was ideal or otherwise, but you just want to moan for the sake of moaning. Why should they not bring a new wing to fix the issues?

Do you think we will be the only team with some things to change from the inital test? You just hate everything about Ferrari other than Charles.
    Forza Ferrari

I never said it was ideal or otherwise, but you just want to moan for the sake of moaning. Why should they not bring a new wing to fix the issues?

Do you think we will be the only team with some things to change from the inital test? You just hate everything about Ferrari other than Charles.
    That's why I said we will have to wait and see. If we want to compete with the best, we have to demand greatness. I am a Tifosi since the 90s, so much for that. I will always support our great drivers who can bring us back to glory. Charles is our best chance for success, something you don't seam to appreciate. You just don't seem to care if Ferrari wins. This isn't McLaren.

That's why I said we will have to wait and see. If we want to compete with the best, we have to demand greatness. I am a Tifosi since the 90s, so much for that. I will always support our great drivers who can bring us back to glory. Charles is our best chance for success, something you don't seam to appreciate. You just don't seem to care if Ferrari wins. This isn't McLaren.
    Crying about not winning on the internet will change nothing, you think otherwise
    Forza Ferrari

To sum up
    1. WCC first and foremost
    2. Either Charles to win the WDC
    3. We have started well

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus

Way I see it... if they are testing the car with a low DF setup at a MedHigh DF track, then I would expect new wings for the race.
    I think Ferrari used the test to try to set the car up to work with lower DF settings. It's probably easier to put DF on a car that's good with low DF then take DF off a car that is only good with high DF wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    Way I see it... if they are testing the car with a low DF setup at a MedHigh DF track, then I would expect new wings for the race.
    I think Ferrari used the test to try to set the car up to work with lower DF settings. It's probably easier to put DF on a car that's good with low DF then take DF off a car that is only good with high DF wings.
    If the problem is suspension related that will be much harder to fix, particularly given the budget cap. That would be bad news quite frankly.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    this is correct, and it makes sense when you look at the calendar. even when Ferrari was quick last year like Bahrain, it wasn't quick enough when they got to these Herman Tilke designed courses with long straights like Jeddah, the very next race!

oversteer/understeer, you guys are missing the point, the primary focus had to be to get rid of the tyre wear issue

oversteer/understeer, doesn't really matter when all you do is "point and squirt", which let's be honest, it's all Crashtappen had to do last year

an oversteery car may be better on slower corners, but that's not even what we were trying to test last week. who is to say that characteristic will actually still be there in Bahrain, let alone, Monaco, and there are only so many track like that. If you guys look at the calendar, i'd much rather prioritize straight line speed, than slow corners. Not to mention the advantages in raceability.

i was mad at what happened in the british gp to leclerc. but still we won that race, sainz was so happy about the first victory. they took photos as a team, even leclerc was smiling. i said its ok then, we won, our driver got the pole and he won the race even the first time in the british gp. it was super. but we could do it without ruining another driver's race. leclerc can be second so its okay, if we want sainz to get his first victory. the team should have said Leclerc to give his position to sainz for that victory. but we won then i forgot this event. at least we won there.

but what i hate and can never forget is Monaco. you got pole in your home GP, and overtaking is almost impossible here. if you dont crash you will finish the race at the same place, or the worst option you might lose a position. (with pit strategy or maybe with a lock-up after the tunnel) our driver started from the pole in his home gran prix. he lost 3 positions in the monaco hp. its hilarious, you cant lose 3 positions even if you want. its unforgettable, even for us. I cant think what he felt after this ridiculous event.

i dont mind silly mistakes like in SPA (trying fastest lap in the last lap lol) but what happened in monaco is unacceptable, if i were him, i would park my car and go to my home by leaving the race.
    it was terrible luck that the rain held off all weekend until literally the formation lap

you get it wrong as usual. I am telling that its not a fair challenge. because we fight against a team built around a driver like a monster. they gave him everything to unleash all of his potentials. but we dont do it, so our way makes leclerc more stressful, and alone against Max that behind the full support of the whole RB team.

its a basic math. %80 of leclerc, behind the %50 support of Ferrari, can't beat %110 of Max behind the full support of the whole RB including their second driver Perez.
    but our team gives %50 chance and power to its drivers. there is no favoring for any driver in our team.

there is no problem being fast, leclerc still will be fast, even will be faster than sainz. It will hurt Leclerc's performance. if RB does the same thing to Verstappen and if they make a room for Perez, Max's performance would have been reduced. but they never do what we did and do.

BUT I am saying here that this will not be enough to beat RB and Max its so simple because we dont race at the same conditions, we prefer splitting the team on the other way they prefer to unite the team. and we saw that their strategy annihilated us last year, and will annihilate this year.
    if that's the case, then it leaves RB vulnerable in the WCC, does it not

and this whole idea that Crashtappen is leagues above Perez, i don't know if i buy it. So you're telling me it was all car setup why EVERY street race last year Max was getting beat?

Don't street races separate the men from the boys?

I think Leclerc's street race prowess is undeniable.

Crying about not winning on the internet will change nothing, you think otherwise
    Not at all, only the people who work at Ferrari are able to impact that. As a fan, I want wo win. But who cares what a normal Tifosi thinks? I am aware that my thoughts are not meaningfull in the bigger picture, but I still would like to express them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso View Post
    To sum up
    1. WCC first and foremost
    2. Either Charles to win the WDC
    3. We have started well
    Agree!

Though I agree with most of what you say - I do disagree with one thing, each team (especially competitive teams) have always tailor-made their machines toward the leading driver. Be it Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Montoya, Raikkonen, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, etc.

An interesting screenshot I picked up -

IMG-20230301-WA0000.jpg