Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: F1 2023 Pre-Season Testing (23-25 February)

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Though I agree with most of what you say - I do disagree with one thing, each team (especially competitive teams) have always tailor-made their machines toward the leading driver. Be it Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Montoya, Raikkonen, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, etc.

An interesting screenshot I picked up -

Attachment 8149
    It could be seen to be an easy excuse as to why a driver gets beat by his team mate however.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Toothlessrage* View Post
    Though I agree with most of what you say - I do disagree with one thing, each team (especially competitive teams) have always tailor-made their machines toward the leading driver. Be it Prost, Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinen, Montoya, Raikkonen, Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel, Verstappen, etc.

An interesting screenshot I picked up -

Attachment 8149
    Exactly. To compete with an approach like this, you have to do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It could be seen to be an easy excuse as to why a driver gets beat by his team mate however.
    I agree.
    There'll always be multiple takes on this issue.
    Can't really reach a conclusion without actually having information on team politics.

Though, I still stand by my take on any team (competitive) - have a clear number 1 for whom the machine is tailor-made for.

Former performance engineer of Force India and Redbull, Blake Hensey about Aston Martin

“The pace is real, it is really impressive and it is hard to fake that”

In addition he analyses the tire degradation and AMR23 actually have the so called negative degradation