Thread: 2023 Predictions

2023 Predictions

It's that time of year to make predictions for the 2023 season

#1: Red Bull Racing. The car looks the fastest, had great race pace in their long runs. No issues with reliability or tire wear. Ended 2022 with the best car, so they already had a great foundation to build on.

#2: Ferrari. This might be a hopeful prediction, but we do know the car was very good in 2022 and they evolved from that design. The car did look to have the wrong balance with the small wing they brought and the updated wing broke before they got a proper test on it. Tire wear is a huge concern and the Ferrari PU cars had reliability issues, so that could destroy their chances and put them down to 3rd even.

#3: Mercedes. Kings of the sand baggers, so for all we know they come out with the best car. Doesn't appear that way since the car still bounces, there hasn't been a lot of smiles inside their garage. With the same tires, they don't seem to have the same pace as Red Bull or even Ferrari. Despite a stoppage, I expect them to have phenomenal reliability as usual.

#4: Alpine. This is very hard choice. They looked pretty bad in testing, but they have proven to be an efficient working team and they have a very solid driver line up that usually gets the results when presented. I suspect they worked on the reliability of their PU, but reports also suggest they have the least power which is a huge handicap that will hurt them all season.

#5: Aston Martin. I truly hope they are 4th and very close to the top 3, but I doubt it. Even 5th might be a stretch. Since Stroll took over, the team buys ideas and can't translate that into actual performance. Their track record suggests that even if they have a good car, they will somehow throw that away. Alonso is a HUGE asset to the team, but only if they work around what he wants. If not, his attitude goes to crap which hurts his performance. If the team choose to develop around Daddy's son, then that is a huge mistake.

#6: McLaren. They have looked awful in testing but they have a great driver in Lando and all the resources to get it figured out. I think Oscar will be a bit of a flop so I don't expect him to bring in all that many points compared to Norris.

#7: Alfa Romeo. They just as easily could be 9th. The car looks good so far. Reliability is a big concern for them, and I expect even if they come out great, their development will again drop them down the grid just as it did in 2022. I do think their driver line up is very solid, so if the car is there they should be capable of points each week.

#8: AlphaTauri. I wouldn't be surprised if they are up there battling for 4th or 5th in the championship. Red Bull has put a lot of pressure on them this season, already talks of selling, etc. Their result last year is unacceptable in their eyes. So 8th would be disastrous for them. I worry about their drivers. Yuki did great in 2022, but he's still near the bottom for driver talent. Nyck De Vries I expect to be the stand out rookie, but he's still a rookie and so I'd expect mistakes here and there as he learns.

#9: Haas. A veteran line up but they don't really have the engineers to develop the car or come up with new ideas or solutions.

#10: Williams. I really do hope they are able to fight for points on regular basis, but why would anyone think they could over the entire season? Their testing results look like they made big gains, which is very encouraging. However, they seem to have the worst collection of designers and engineers that despite retaining a great PU, can't for the life of them build a decent chassis.

WDC:

1: Max Verstappen. Best driver in the best car, you have to predict he's the champ.

2: Charles Leclerc. Probably the only driver that comes close to Verstappen's outright pace, but still makes way too many mistakes. It really depends if Ferrari have a car and can't mess it up.

3: Lewis Hamilton. Even though he got beat by Russell last year, in the second half of the season he was definitely the better driver.

4: Sergio Perez. He'll have a car good enough to win races, so no reason why he shouldn't be top 4.

5: Carlos Sainz. If the car doesn't DNF, and he doesn't make his own silly mistakes, he is very capable of staying within a respectable reach to Charles. He can go on long streaks of scoring good points.

It's great seeing how Fred is full speed ahead on giving 2023 Ferrari's best chance at WCC! Back in the day Binotto would already be talking about 2025 '' 2026 when Ferrari would be in the mix for a chance. He was there just to get Mick a seat and we know he wasn't ready. I wish him the best as long as he;s gone.

Constructors 2023.

1. Red Bull.
    2. Ferrari.
    3. Mercedes.
    4. McLaren.
    5. Alpine.
    6. Alfa Romeo.
    7. Aston Martin.
    8. Alpha.
    9. Haas.
    10. Williams.

Got the four 'A' Teams together at 5th - 8th.
    The good times WILL return, and FERever.

1) RedBull

Then it's a toss up between Ferrari, Mercedes and AMRF1.

Everyone else will be back and forth BEHIND Ferrari, Mercedes and AMRF1.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Prediictions are a dangerous game, so I'm not going there. I just live in hope that we can't throw it all away yet again, even if we don't win straight away.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Prediictions are a dangerous game, so I'm not going there. I just live in hope that we can't throw it all away yet again, even if we don't win straight away.
    i'm with you on this

we had a good car last year; so there's no reason why we shouldn't be in the fight this season if we made our engine more reliable, fix the tire wear issues we had as well as work on our strategy to make sure we dont' have serious blunders again.

Not surprising to see the usual suspects here branding Red Bull as the "best". When Ferrari tops timing, "it's too early to say anything". But when Red Bull does the same: "They are the best".

Well, here's my crazy (!) prediction for the Bahrain GP:

1. Ferrari

2. Red Bull

3. Mercedes

4. Alpine

5. Alfa Romeo

6. Aston Martin

7. Haas

8. Williams

9. Mclaren

10. Alpha Tauri

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Not surprising to see the usual suspects here branding Red Bull as the "best". When Ferrari tops timing, "it's too early to say anything". But when Red Bull does the same: "They are the best".

Well, here's my crazy (!) prediction for the Bahrain GP:

1. Ferrari

2. Red Bull

3. Mercedes

4. Alpine

5. Alfa Romeo

6. Aston Martin

7. Haas

8. Williams

9. Mclaren

10. Alpha Tauri
    i like your prediction....but as title states, this is for 2023 SEASON and NOT just for the first race.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    i like your prediction....but as title states, this is for 2023 SEASON and NOT just for the first race.
    Predicting the entire 2023 season is too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Predicting the entire 2023 season is too much for me.
    that's true mate, i can also relate to that....ha, ha...
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Amen to that!
    Trying to be less angry..