Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Max
    Perez
    Charles
    Carlos
    Thank you!

We were supposed to have a “bomb” of an engine this year. Yet we are still slower than RedBull over 1 lap. Let’s see how our race pace is tomorrow.

Definitely nice to lock out the second row, especially after the worrying tests and practices. Looking forward the race tomorrow!

Forza Ferrari!
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Let’s hope having a new set of Softs helps.

Now let's see how Ferrari's race pace is during the race tomorrow.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Well, if the car is taking care of the tyres well enough to maximize softs in the first place it's probably a good call. After all, it's really easy to overtake in Bahrain and the next few low-drag circuits will play much more to the car's strengths. The top speed advantage will really come into play in Saudi, Australia, Imola and Miami, whereas Bahrain is all about turning the car on a dime. Can't imagine they'd go for a strategy like this unless they're confident in managing tyre wear. After all, Red Bull defied previous F1 physics last year by having a car slower through the turns and still saving the tyres more, so you can never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Indeed, the race is long and we will see where we stand, especially on tyre wear. Car clearly has good pace though.
    If the FPs are to be representative, tyre wear isn't an issue at least at this stage of the season. All that's left is for Charles to school Max like he did it last year in the same track lol.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    We were supposed to have a “bomb” of an engine this year. Yet we are still slower than RedBull over 1 lap. Let’s see how our race pace is tomorrow.

Definitely nice to lock out the second row, especially after the worrying tests and practices. Looking forward the race tomorrow!

Forza Ferrari!
    We have the car with most potential for development and we havent dialed it in yet. If in season development will be ok we will be there

Charles would've taken pole. But oh well.

So folks, I hope you all got your answers. The SF23 in an awesome car and we have an equally awesome driver.

So instead of crying and moaning around with your doom and gloom, put some faith on the team, a far more productive way to use your effort.

According to Sky, it’s possible that Charles stayed in the garage to save a set of soft tyres for the race…

We have a rocket on the straights, what a change. And we have the speed in general, at least with Charles. We are much closer to RB than in AD, this is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Forza Ferrari!
    It would've been a pole, had Charles did his 2nd lap.

But qualifying is everything. All that matters is tomorrow.

And here's another prediction from me: The SF23 is a better race car and it will outshine the competitors tomorrow.

Hopefully they compromised extreme qualifying performance for great race pace.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It would've been a pole, had Charles did his 2nd lap.

But qualifying is everything. All that matters is tomorrow.

And here's another prediction from me: The SF23 is a better race car and it will outshine the competitors tomorrow.
    Let's hope Ravin pulls thru instead of Rueda of years past.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Charles probably would've been right around Pérez' lap time, can't see him making a three tenths leap. Too much suffering around the endless hairpins to really get it down further. During a first stint it probably delivers 0.2 s/lap (3-4 seconds in race time) to do like this though.

Dont forget that Charles had damage on the car.

I think we would ve definetly got the Pole.

At the end of the day Charles didn't think we had the pace to get P1 and so made a compromise in order to give us a better chance in the race. He also says we are a bit on the back foot to Red Bull in race pace.

Charles is more humble and honest than others.

Dont know if Lec would have taken pole ,but i really like that we are watching ahead. Looks lke we finally start to have a strategy on mind.
    So all in all a good start, not perfect but good . If we have some troubles with the car that still have to maximize,and ending up lke this, ill accept it. f we can grow on from this and actually evolve steadily through the year we will be ok and take the fight to the bulls . In theory then is where the budget penalty will hit them . Can we take advantage of it, tme will tell.
    So next step tomorrow's race. This is a more unknown for us then Qualy. If we can at least stay withing reach with the bulls its ok to move on !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

the gap is 0.292, but Charles didn't try to the second shot. if he had tried it could have been 0.150 or like this

The 2022 Bah. Q3 gap was 0.123 between Charles and max

RB and Ferrari have similar quickness

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Charles probably would've been right around Pérez' lap time, can't see him making a three tenths leap. Too much suffering around the endless hairpins to really get it down further. During a first stint it probably delivers 0.2 s/lap (3-4 seconds in race time) to do like this though.
    Guess you never saw his previous efforts in Q3 then.

He would've been on pole.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Hopefully they compromised extreme qualifying performance for great race pace.
    This car has great race pace and you will see it tomorrow.

This is not the F1-75. This car is very fast on the straights and equally very good in corners. Tyre wear is not a concern. Testing and FP times are meaningless, as it has been proven today yet again.

Leclerc:
    “In the race run, we seem to have a bit of a weakness for now. Having a new tyre will help us tomorrow. But I don't know how much the picture will change with with that, but it's going in the right direction at least.”

This car has great race pace and you will see it tomorrow.

This is not the F1-75. This car is very fast on the straights and equally very good in corners. Tyre wear is not a concern. Testing and FP times are meaningless, as it has been proven today yet again.
    Tire degradation was more or less the only focus the last two days. It wouldn’t suprise me if we match RB/Max tomorrow with Charles. Jeddah could also be really fun.

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    Leclerc:
    “In the race run, we seem to have a bit of a weakness for now. Having a new tyre will help us tomorrow. But I don't know how much the picture will change with with that, but it's going in the right direction at least.”
    Charles is always conservative. He doesn't like to boast too much.

Ferrari was fighting for the pole today, they will fight for the win tomorrow.

The SF23 will eat the Red Bulls on the straights.

Fred Vasseur:

“Qualifying went well. We are fully focused on the race and we wanted to save a set of tyres. Charles and Carlos did a very good job today.”

looks like the roles have changed. we are 2022 RB and RB is 2022 Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Tire degradation was more or less the only focus the last two days. It wouldn’t suprise me if we match RB/Max tomorrow with Charles. Jeddah could also be really fun.
    We will be more than a match. As I've said, people focused too much on Ferrari's lap times from the testing and FP which is entirely meaningless.

The pace is there and it has always been there. Those of us who could watch it, had seen it during the testing, even when the times looked underwhelming to the naked eyes.

I'd imagine Charles would have gone for it if we believed he had a chance at pole.

I think the team knew it would be difficult to beat RB on a 1-lap pace, and so they decided to make a strategic decision to help with our race tomorrow.

Charles is always conservative. He doesn't like to boast too much.

Ferrari was fighting for the pole today, they will fight for the win tomorrow.

The SF23 will eat the Red Bulls on the straights.
    yep!!
    Him yesterday:
    "I don’t think we have the performance for pole"

Charles Leclerc doesn't expect Ferrari to be able to fight for F1 pole at the BahrainGP.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    I'd imagine Charles would have gone for it if we believed he had a chance at pole.

I think the team knew it would be difficult to beat RB on a 1-lap pace, and so they decided to make a strategic decision to help with our race tomorrow.
    not sure aboyt that !! When you end up 1 tenth on the 1st round, you DEFINITELY have a shot for pole. To me the team have different mentality now with Fred. We dont look for opportunistic poles but for race wins.We finally see the big picture. We learned from last year that poles dont mean much.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!