Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314

Thread: 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Looks like we have a correlation issues , especially with the front wing
    In theory the SF23 SHOULD BE a pointy car with very strong front end, but we're struggling with understeer massively
    should be a pointy car based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    The character of the car, which is an evolution from the F1-75, the car that had enormous downforce and strong front end
    Leclerc is also a driver that prefers a very strong front end car

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    A pointy car is faster. You can't be really fast with an understeering car.
    At least, according to Max and Charles.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Yes, so we are missing more or less 4 tenths in comparison to the simulator, according to Duchessa. That’s why a new front wing will be introduced very quickly. Not ideal, as we shouldn’t have these problems in the first place.

The character of the car, which is an evolution from the F1-75, the car that had enormous downforce and strong front end
    Leclerc is also a driver that prefers a very strong front end car
    Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    I'm not debating you can't have an understeery car. I am just trying to figure out this "correlation issues, especially with the front wing" statement. Ferrari's front wing has less surface area than their competitors, at least when paired with the small wing they used in testing. During testing, reports suggested Ferrari was twitchy in the rear end. Unstable. Maybe they had to dial the balance towards understeer just to keep the tires alive. Who knows.

Plus we have to solve the problem with the new rear wing asap. This should not happen, we only shoot ourselves in the foot.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    Last year Charles grabbed a bunch of poles only to be eaten alive by RBRs straight line speed. I’d rather Charles qualify on the second row but cross the finish line first.

That’s what I’m hoping for.
    Exactly!

I'm a bit disappointed myself since the second half last year and im on my limits to stop watching races completely. BUT i think about it and im gonna give the team some months to see if something has changed and we can start acting like a proper champioship winning team. Even if tomorrow we dont performed well and lose from Bulls and even Alo ,it will be disappointing but not the end of the world. Its a really long season and all teams has ups and downs. Mercs are behind for 2nd year in a row (a team that a lot of us had called them the perfect team etc) and even redbull last year had parfoemance problems and was more or less behind us in the 1st part of the season and if it wasnt our silly mystakes and poor reliability , the picture would be total opposite. So now i think we will to give the team 2-3 months to see if they can react ,by trying to fixing and evolving the car and not making the mystakes of the past both in and outside the track. Me personally then i will judge them and not now !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

we have a rocket, and we seem to have fixed the tyre wear issue.

i want to see this confirmed for tomorrow, and i'm feeling good about it

In theory the SF23 SHOULD BE a pointy car with very strong front end, but we're struggling with understeer massively
    We seem to have the best tools available with us with the worst operators and analysts. I don't know how many decades this correlation issue is going to last !!

Quote Originally Posted by gump1480 View Post
    We seem to have the best tools available with us with the worst operators and analysts. I don't know how many decades this correlation issue is going to last !!
    There are no confirmations regarding correlation issues. Just speculation. We have great engineers, and we seem to have a plan how to improve in the following weeks. We do seem to have tackled our main weaknesses of last year, and if everything goes as planned, we will still achieve the needed downforce levels. This would be rally impressive, so let’s see if everything works out as planned. As we saw last year, you don’t win or loose a championship in the first races.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    There are no confirmations regarding correlation issues. Just speculation. We have great engineers, and we seem to have a plan how to improve in the following weeks. We do seem to have tackled our main weaknesses of last year, and if everything goes as planned, we will still achieve the needed downforce levels. This would be rally impressive, so let’s see if everything works out as planned. As we saw last year, you don’t win or loose a championship in the first races.
    Exactly. The team said everything matched their expectation, the correlation between the track data and the simulation is accurate. The SF23 is behaving exactly the way it was supposed to be behaving.

The SF23 is the best car by far under braking, which suggest to me that the car has a strong front end downforce. But this year's rear tyres are weaker and Bahrain is a rear limited circuit, so Ferrari, just like every other team, adopted a setup that will induce understeer.

Fred already said we have issues with tyre degredation so that is something we know we need to keep working on.

Aston are the best car under braking. RB are basically a nice mix of Ferrari with low drag, Aston with good braking and then they have the best downforce as well.

It takes more than just casual observation to define how a machine behaves, and not even Rory Byrne nor Adrian Newey alone can tell how a car should behave precisely before it's taken to track.

~FORZA FERRARI~

~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Probably the real reason he never done a 2nd run in qual....
    Forza Ferrari

its said that the energy store replaced with the old one.

if its so, we are planning to take a 4th engine. He has now two, we will probably use the other energy store in practice. if so, we better be safe than sorry.

Charles’ energy store is going to Maranello for checks.

Some parameters were not right, but it can be recovered. There was enough time before the race to replace it as a precaution.

Charles’ energy store is going to Maranello for checks.

Some parameters were not right, but it can be recovered. There was enough time before the race to replace it as a precaution.

Jock Clear is adamant that Ferrari can fight Red Bull in the race, having made gains on tyre management and straight line speed.

“We’re closer to them than people think. We’re happy to take the race to them, I don't think we're just trying to stay third.”

Quote Originally Posted by stasera View Post
    its said that the energy store replaced with the old one.

if its so, we are planning to take a 4th engine. He has now two, we will probably use the other energy store in practice. if so, we better be safe than sorry.
    Ferrari said all along that they have the intention to use FOUR engines this season
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

hidraulic issue?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ferrari said all along that they have the intention to use FOUR engines this season
    After today's performance, it may be more than that.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    After today's performance, it may be more than that.
    it would be 14