Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Bahrain Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari should come out of their political world & hire good tech dept, else they will never win a title.

They gave away 2 years (2020 & 2021) to get a head start in 2022. But no result.

As I said last year during 2nd half of season by looking at Max dominance it seems like RB era. It will continue till 2026. Mark my words.
    They are the only team and engine supplier not using the split-turbo design. The car and engine need a complete overhaul.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

This is going to be walk in the park for MV i his way to 3rd WDC

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This is going to be walk in the park for MV i his way to 3rd WDC
    Yep, Ferrari and Co. has absolutely no answer to Max/red bull
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Sainz got slapped by Charles again today, pretty much like Perez by Max. And Perez at least drove 20+ laps behind Charles. Not sure why Sainz always gets excused by fans.
    Cause he thinks he can with the title and his father likes to play political games.

No other team will ever waste resources by developing the car to their slower and 2nd driver's liking. Sainz's "importance" at Ferrari is totally unjustified.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    They are the only team and engine supplier not using the split-turbo design. The car and engine need a complete overhaul.
    This is the engine until 2026. There is no way around that. Maybe we never will recover after TD39.

Alonso Driver of the Day gets my vote.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

At Ferrari, they are changing personnel, but now it is really obviously wrong. Ferrari is at the forefront of the engine department, but they lost an engine in the first race. I don't believe a word anymore, I promise 30 more horses, the car is 1 second faster than last year's speed freak, etc.... but they are totally incompetent and 30 seconds in a match is just too much. Let's look at Aston Martin where they were last year and now before Ferrari. Ferrari obviously needs more foreign engineers with this team they have no chance, call binotta back as head of the technical department. Today's race shows the unreliability of the powertrain and very very poor driving in the slow corners. The speed on the straight is ok, but in the slow parts of the corners they are very bad.

CS lost 15 Second to Alonso over 20 lap stint.

But enough of it. My anger or frustrations will not change anything. I'm switching off for today.

It as to do how the Red Bull generates downforce with their floor. It is not for nothing the Red Bull didn't have porpoising last year. This is Blown diffuser saga all over again. Newey is top when in comes to the floor downforce.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    What impressive things he had done at the Mclaren? Won races like Gasly or Ocon? Put that car on pole like Norris?

And whether it's tractor or a rocket ship, Charles is always faster. Stop sugarcoating Sainz's limitations. Out of the top 3 teams, he's the weakest number 2.
    He destroyed Norris in 2019 and beat him 2020 despite having a lot more bad luck. Gasly's win was out of pure luck as was Ocon's to a certain extent. The 2021 car also had far higher highs than 2019 and 2020, let's not forget that.

If you go back to the older threads in this very forum itself, you will find opinions claiming that he was the best choice for a #2 driver with a few comments preferring Ricciardo and considering how the latter got owned, that isn't even an argument anymore.

You are right about him being the worst #2 driver in the top 3 teams and Charles being faster though. The latter wasn't ever an argument.
    "I've always believed that you should never, ever give up and you should always keep fighting even when there's only a slightest chance." - Michael Schumacher

With this tech dept, they will not win. I’m 100% sure.

With this tech dept, they will not win. I’m 100% sure.

F1 sucks at the moment. One team is out of reach, not sure how to fix this. TD39 only helped RB, not sure whether FIA even understands what they created.

Quote Originally Posted by alfaromeo View Post
    At Ferrari, they are changing personnel, but now it is really obviously wrong. Ferrari is at the forefront of the engine department, but they lost an engine in the first race. I don't believe a word anymore, I promise 30 more horses, the car is 1 second faster than last year's speed freak, etc.... but they are totally incompetent and 30 seconds in a match is just too much. Let's look at Aston Martin where they were last year and now before Ferrari. Ferrari obviously needs more foreign engineers with this team they have no chance, call binotta back as head of the technical department. Today's race shows the unreliability of the powertrain and very very poor driving in the slow corners. The speed on the straight is ok, but in the slow parts of the corners they are very bad.
    You want to keep Binotto & Rueda? Then we’ll be racing against Williams

No GP2 engine for Alonso. "This is a lovely car to drive."
    At last...2013 was his last competitive car.

I'm still excited although I feel sorry for Carlos and Ferrari today.

Okay, we mostly agree that Sainz is not on CL’s level, BUT what more should we expect of him, or any other driver? The Aston was obviously much better than the Ferrari and FA passed CS easily. Everybody else finished behind him.

The Red Bull may win every race this season. Thanks to ridiculous “green” and “PC” regulations over the years, teams cannot make major changes during the campaign, and the result is the usual F1 Borefest.

With this Tech Dept, ferrari never gonna win. 100% sure.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup...totally

Charles Leclerc post-race:

"We had no race pace. We have to make step forwards, they found something because it has never been seen. In qualifying we were there but in the race they give us 1 second per lap...”

Ya, given Ferrari’s horrendous in-season development it’s safe to say it’s over.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

lets see what the problem with the engine was. i have a feeling it may be completely usable. there was no kaboom or smoke

Quote Originally Posted by The Hajj View Post
    Okay, we mostly agree that Sainz is not on CL’s level, BUT what more should we expect of him, or any other driver? The Aston was obviously much better than the Ferrari and FA passed CS easily. Everybody else finished behind him.

The Red Bull may win every race this season. Thanks to ridiculous “green” and “PC” regulations over the years, teams cannot make major changes during the campaign, and the result is the usual F1 Borefest.
    Precisely. SAI was a sitting duck against the mighty AMR

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

"We had no race pace. We have to make step forwards, they found something because it has never been seen. In qualifying we were there but in the race they give us 1 second per lap...”

Ya, given Ferrari’s horrendous in-season development it’s safe to say it’s over.
    And Binotto started midway in 2022…

That was a terrible start to our season.

Lets see how we perform at other tracks. Right now I'm more concern about our reliability, I hope we did not lose the engine.

We started the cycle last year but fell away dramatically.
    At least todays result may fire everyone up to preform at their max. Hopefully Fred will be a positive influence.
    One race does not a championship make.

Forza Jules

The car and engine need a complete overhaul
    Agree the whole team needs an overhall.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet View Post
    That was a terrible start to our season.

Lets see how we perform at other tracks. Right now I'm more concern about our reliability, I hope we did not lose the engine.
    At least the engine didn't blow up! Could it be fuel or electrics?.......something simple but annoying nevertheless.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post

Yeah, a second a lap in race pace is HUGE...we’ll never make that up during the season
    We’ll be fighting with AM for the rest of the season
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Quote Originally Posted by Golfsmith View Post
    Agree the whole team needs an overhall.
    Repeat after me: i will not watch these idiots anymore, i will not watch these idiots anymore, i will not watch these idiots anymore