Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Only practice but there was nothing today to suggest we will be a threat to Red Bull.
    Forza Ferrari

We usually fall behind after 8-10 races , not 1 race..

This is a new low for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Only practice but there was nothing today to suggest we will be a threat to Red Bull.
    Greig can you please change the WEC + etc 2022 thread name so it has 2023 on the end? Ta!

The car looked easier to drive from the onboards. Fewer inputs required to get through the corners. And less understeer. I also think the speeds and times show we were carrying more fuel than (likely) everyone.

Concerned about reliability, but I think there's potential in this car to win championships. It's not so far off that a key update could make it very challenging to race against.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    Greig can you please change the WEC + etc 2022 thread name so it has 2023 on the end? Ta!
    Forza Ferrari

Well congratulations must go mr stroll and Aston Martin. GREAT RECRUITMENT from red bull creating a clone.As they say if you can't beat them copy them,and the results will speak for themselves as we are seeing.So well done,radical designers and crazy concepts do not win races and titles as mercedes and ferrari are learning.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Ferrari is still 2nd fastest team. Come quali Ferrari will be close to RB.

My point is that’s not enough. Below are my concerns

1. In season development
    2. Tyre deg issues
    3. Reliability

With AMR hanging on behind. If we don’t get top these issues, we will loose 2nd in WCC for sure.
    RB is out of reach, they have plenty of advantage in race pace.
    Woh cares about AM? If we can’t challenge RB, it’s another useless season.

Let's face it. The car is a lemon.
    The on boards looked OK, but I compared Alonso with Leclerc. And Leclerc was visibly slower.
    The fact that changed both engines, they run them at ultra low modes gives me no hope for the race. One could say that they discovered something, a new issue and they have to run the engine in a low mode for it not to explode. I hope it's only a game, but I doubt it.

I sadly agree with your summation.I do believe that ferrari are putting on a brave face but the timing boards do not lie.As they say it is what it is, but incompetence and jobs for the boys at ferrari is a recipe for ongoing disasters,are we looking at one the italian press says yes and have virtually put a red line through ferrari for this year,there source is rock solid with info.The exodus of staff might have something to do with it.A poor performance this week will be a field day and picnic for the media.OUCH.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    It will be easy walk for RB-Max this season. 23 race wins most dominant barring any reliability issues.

No other team is closer in Race pace to challenge them.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It will be easy walk for RB-Max this season. 23 race wins most dominant barring any reliability issues.

No other team is closer in Race pace to challenge them.
    And I am going this year to 3 races (Imola, Hungaroring, Monza), hoped to see 3 Ferrari wins...

On a more positive note, Ferrari took pole position in the WEC. At least we got something to cheer about!

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...jQ2HaZasxiCf80

Lets just hope the car is reliable........
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    On a more positive note, Ferrari took pole position in the WEC. At least we got something to cheer about!
    Toyota won the 1000mile of Sebring......1 and 2..........Ferrari came in 3rd.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Toyota won the 1000mile of Sebring......1 and 2..........Ferrari came in 3rd.
    Given the circumstances with penalties 3rd would be a good result this weekend.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    In F1 it would be OK. In WEC it was an amazing result. 1st ever WEC top class race, 1st top class race for 50 years. Toyota been in WEC for 10th straight year.

Should be realistic, Sainz needs to step up

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    In F1 it would be OK. In WEC it was an amazing result. 1st ever WEC top class race, 1st top class race for 50 years. Toyota been in WEC for 10th straight year.
    Not a bad result after not being in WEC for 53 years. LeMans gents, that's where the true test is at.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Apparently our engine was so detuned in fp2 it was even more powerless than usually seen in free practice.

We must have serious worries around reliability

At this point we should see how competitive are the cars. Yet we seem to struggle

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    At this point we should see how competitive are the cars. Yet we seem to struggle
    Lastvyear or other years I always see a chink of light from testing, free practices. Little tell tell signs Ferrari is better than 1st appears but this year since testing I see nothing. Just looks plain slow. Keep thinking they will turn the engine up but half way through FP3 I see nothing.

Leclerc: I lost first shift...
    The car is falling apart...

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    Lastvyear or other years I always see a chink of light from testing, free practices. Little tell tell signs Ferrari is better than 1st appears but this year since testing I see nothing. Just looks plain slow. Keep thinking they will turn the engine up but half way through FP3 I see nothing.
    In Bahrain we were much better in Qualy though. It seems we are detuning the engine extremely in practice.

if you can learn what you want to learn about tyre degredation and aero and setup, whilst running with a detuned engine to save it, i say go for it

Leclerc could have had pole last race, we didn't lose that overnight

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    In Bahrain we were much better in Qualy though. It seems we are detuning the engine extremely in practice.
    Gianluca reports very high fuel loads and still the engine detuned

Quote Originally Posted by subfire91 View Post
    Gianluca reports very high fuel loads and still the engine detuned
    I am pretty sure that we will be the second fastest come Qualy. But it’s all about the race. Without the race pace, we will have a long season. It’s also not helping to have penalties already. The question is whether we can run the engines at full power?

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    I am pretty sure that we will be the second fastest come Qualy. But it’s all about the race. Without the race pace, we will have a long season. It’s also not helping to have penalties already. The question is whether we can run the engines at full power?
    well, we obviously can't run them at full power for a whole weekend

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    well, we obviously can't run them at full power for a whole weekend
    Which is a joke by the way. We can’t seem to survive a weekend without this approach. Really makes you think what the hell they were doing all the time? Embarrassing. This is so painfull to watch.

We are in the mix...with Alpine,Mclaren and Alpha Romeo...
    Probably Red Bull will go 1.27 low

We all heard Ferrari detuned their engines. What’s the probability that other teams did the same?