Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Which is a joke by the way. We can’t seem to survive a weekend without this approach. Really makes you think what the hell they were doing all the time? Embarrassing. This is so painfull to watch.
    well everyone else's engine have been worked on for 10 years, Ferrari were forced to scrap their entire engine in 2019, and design a completely new one and claw that 10 year gap back

Just ****ing bring the F1-75 back

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    well everyone else's engine have been worked on for 10 years, Ferrari were forced to scrap their entire engine in 2019, and design a completely new one and claw that 10 year gap back
    Really sick and tired with all these excuses. This isn’t 2020 anymore, and we were allowed to work on the reliability. Year in year out, they get embarrassed by Honda. In addition to that, they accepted the ban of further developments until 2026. Weak upper management in the most important years.

The car does not look hooked up. I think they set up the car for the race but the Red Bulls are untouchable. This is the 2019 season all over again without the boosted engine trick.

This season is game over, just copy Red bull and make it Italian.

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi View Post
    We all heard Ferrari detuned their engines. What’s the probability that other teams did the same?
    Doubt if RB did that

Forza Jules

well, judging by that we have atleast 4kph available in the straights that we aren't unlocking

Going against the flow here, I'm quite happy with our FP3 performance. Ferrari raised engine power during the long run today and Charles was doing 1:34.0-1:34.4, faster than all the long runs we have seen so far from the other teams, Carlos also looked quite competitive.

The looks really good onboard. Charles can get on to the power really early and car was compliant, no snappy oversteer, just like the F1-75.

When Ferrari raise the power in qualifying, they will be up there.

Really sick and tired with all these excuses. This isn’t 2020 anymore, and we were allowed to work on the reliability. Year in year out, they get embarrassed by Honda. In addition to that, they accepted the ban of further developments until 2026. Weak upper management in the most important years.
    Red Bull has a huge tyre advantage, the FIA should do the same thing they did last time a team had an insane tyre advantage, one tyre per race weekend or something

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Going against the flow here, I'm quite happy with our FP3 performance. Ferrari raised engine power during the long run today and Charles was doing 1:34.0-1:34.4, faster than all the long runs we have seen so far from the other teams, Carlos also looked quite competitive.

The looks really good onboard. Charles can get on to the power really early and car was compliant, no snappy oversteer, just like the F1-75.

i agree, i know he can atleast do a 1:28 in qualifying, so we'll see

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    The car does not look hooked up. I think they set up the car for the race but the Red Bulls are untouchable. This is the 2019 season all over again without the boosted engine trick.

Mate, this season was over before it even started
    I can’t believe we still have issues with reliability of the engine after we’ve heard that over the winter they worked really hard to fix those issues

I hate to be the pessimist but I can’t see this years car challenge for wins, red bull has it in the bag...another easy championship for them....kind of like when Merc had no other competition

Mate, this season was over before it even started
    I can’t believe we still have issues with reliability of the engine after we’ve heard that over the winter they worked really hard to fix those issues

I hate to be the pessimist but I can’t see this years car challenge for wins, red bull has it in the bag...another easy championship for them....kind of like when Merc had no other competition

The upgrades are clearly working. The car looks pretty well balanced. In Bahrain, Charles was suffering from huge understeer and he was struggling to get on the power.

This is not the case here. The balance looks quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    i agree, i know he can atleast do a 1:28 in qualifying, so we'll see
    Pole will be 1:27.4-1:27.8

It is Charles vs Max for the pole here, just like in Bahrain. Hopefully this time Charles will do his final lap in Q3.

Huh? The car looked hooked up, the best we have seen the SF23 behaving on track. No understeer, no snappy oversteer, no sluggishness etc.

It is Charles vs Max for the pole here, just like in Bahrain. Hopefully this time Charles will do his final lap in Q3.
    Well he has to go for pole as he has 10 place penalty, so even on pole, he’ll start 11th

Well he has to go for pole as he has 10 place penalty, so even on pole, he’ll start 11th

What's with detuned engines why bother if it blows like the great micheal Schumacher said then its not a winning engine it must be on the limit from day one.All this modern day baby sitting of engines, the sport is becoming woks vill.

Huh? The car looked hooked up, the best we have seen the SF23 behaving on track. No understeer, no snappy oversteer, no sluggishness etc.
    Did you see Leclerc going over the curb at turn 24 or not? When I say hooked up it means the car is lazy at the front to prevent the back form snapping. Verstappen does not have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    He doesn't have to run at all in Q3 does he? as long as he's quickest of the pack that doesn't make it into Q3 he'll start 11th.... and get to choose his tires at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    He doesn't have to run at all in Q3 does he? as long as he's quickest of the pack that doesn't make it into Q3 he'll start 11th.... and get to choose his tires at least.
    Everyone has free tyres choice now. That rule was removed a long time ago

what you talking about,he has to run in q3, otherwise if he doesn't he'll be 10th, add another 10 place grid penalty, he'll be starting 20th....so yeah, he has to run in Q3 adn aim for POLE

So he would start from the back, what’s the point even running in Qualy? What a messy start to a season.

Not sure if you are sarcastic. Right know we are fighting with AM/Mercedes, pretty much noch chance against RB. What is working exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    what you talking about,he has to run in q3, otherwise if he doesn't he'll be 10th, add another 10 place grid penalty, he'll be starting 20th....so yeah, he has to run in Q3 adn aim for POLE
    Had bit of a brain fade. not sure where that came from.

If we can get into the 1.34s flat with heavy fuel, that's interesting. And Leclerc is quite happy it seems.

There was nothing wrong [with the engine or energy deployment].

"There were a few events where I upshifted on kerbs or things like this which doesn’t put the engine in the best situation, so I complained to make sure everything was fine and everything is fine.

“We have quite a bit in the locker.

"How much? Let’s see. I’m sure Red Bull also has something hidden, so we will see tomorrow, but I think it will be closer than what we see now.

“I don’t think we are that bad. Honestly, the feeling is pretty good but it’s very difficult to read into the performance because everyone is doing very different things with power, weight etc.”

Edit: sorry guys those quotes were from yesterday.
    Last edited by Ferrari312T4; 18th March 2023 at 16:24.

Did you see Leclerc going over the curb at turn 24 or not? When I say hooked up it means the car is lazy at the front to prevent the back form snapping. Verstappen does not have that problem.
    on the other hand i rememeber yesterday when i watch a little FP2 and it was Brundle on turn 2 S and he was saymg that everybody having trouble to run the 2nd kerb ,even Ves , except Ferrari.We couls almost easily run the kerb with no problem. Dont know if t means something but this is what he said
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Any working stream from iPhone ?

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    on the other hand i rememeber yesterday when i watch a little FP2 and it was Brundle on turn 2 S and he was saymg that everybody having trouble to run the 2nd kerb ,even Ves , except Ferrari.We couls almost easily run the kerb with no problem. Dont know if t means something but this is what he said
    I hope I am wrong and Ferrari surprises and gets pole or gets close to it

Not sure if you are sarcastic. Right know we are fighting with AM/Mercedes, pretty much noch chance against RB. What is working exactly?
    Support your team Bruce, you are so doom & gloom!

Ferraris last championship drought lasted over 20 years, we could still be years away from glory.
    If you’d like instant gratification, redbull could be your team.

You really do spread this self entitled BS very thick.