Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 2023 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Buildup, Practice & Qualifying Thread

Positive to see Charles get P2 in quali but that penalty defeats his brilliant efforts, only saving grace is that the car does have the pace. So Charles starts P12 and Max P15, praying that there are no dramas on the first lap and see where it takes us. Carlos again in the shadow of Charles but starts P4.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    He was, is and always will be the slower driver aka the number 2. Binotto, for whatever reason, treated him as the number 1.

From what I've seen so far, Fred ain't Binotto. He should be more forceful and be the TP Ferrari and Charles deserve.
    It’s doesn’t matter this year. P1 & P2 are fixed.

Alonso vs Leclerc for P3.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s doesn’t matter this year. P1 & P2 are fixed.

Alonso vs Leclerc for P3.
    Perez can be tamed by Alonso if he manages to jump him at the start. Max & Charles will be flying for sure

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Charles reference should be Max … not Perez.

TBH, ferrari lost Quali advantage as well. RB is all round car now. No matter how many times ferrari do head start to the season, they are not getting their technical design right. Ferrari should have strong race car to beat RB. At the moment, if you take Charles words they are not confident with the car & its pace.

Max can still win tomorrow, he showed that last season. Just because he does have that Race car under him.

Oh man I have no words to say anything about Sainz. He’s been disappointing. During testing he said car felt great to drive, now he’s not able to drive at all.

What I don’t understand is Ferrari’s tactics during testing

1. If you don’t run to full potential, you wouldn’t see any issues. Now that in each race it’s a worry situation for them regards to when that engine gonna blow up.

2. 3 days of full testing, they do lap after lap. Why they are unable to counter Race pace or tyre deg issues.
    It is still close. One tenth isn't much. And yet again the overhyped AM got outqualified by Ferrari.

Seeing their long run pace during FPs, specifically in FP3, I thought Ferrari had more in hand with their one lap pace. To me it's a positive thing, Ferrari's long run pace being more impressive than their quali pace.

It is still close. One tenth isn't much. And yet again the overhyped AM got outqualified by Ferrari.

Seeing their long run pace during FPs, specifically in FP3, I thought Ferrari had more in hand with their one lap pace. To me it's a positive thing, Ferrari's long run pace being more impressive than their quali pace.
    Don’t forget our tyre issues during race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Perez can be tamed by Alonso if he manages to jump him at the start. Max & Charles will be flying for sure
    Even if Alonso jumps at the start ahead of Perez. That AM is draggy car in S2 & S3.

With DRS RB clocked 340. Now with slip stream, imagine.

It will be like Lec vs Max 2022. That AM can’t withstand against RB.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Haven't seen any tyre issues during any long runs.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Positive to see Charles get P2 in quali but that penalty defeats his brilliant efforts, only saving grace is that the car does have the pace. So Charles starts P12 and Max P15, praying that there are no dramas on the first lap and see where it takes us. Carlos again in the shadow of Charles but starts P4.
    Ask Elkan to give some $$ to Haas to let HUL & MAG play nascar w VER

There will not be $72 million a season for Hamilton after this year.Each time Russell out qualifies him and beats him in races his value will plummet like the stock market.

Leclerc said his Q3 lap is the maximum.

As I said earlier …. Leclerc reference should always be with Max. I guess with Max would have squeezed.2-3ths over Perez.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    This track doesn’t give tyre deg.

State car is easily 0.4 behind RB in Qualifying mode.
    In the race, we will see.
    Sainz must up his game, or Ferrari has to find another no 2 driver, although that will be difficult.

I Still think the car is a lemon.

Quote Originally Posted by tpe View Post
    State car is easily 0.4 behind RB in Qualifying mode.
    In the race, we will see.
    Sainz must up his game, or Ferrari has to find another no 2 driver, although that will be difficult.

I Still think the car is a lemon.
    What kind of updates will we bring to Aus?

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Ferrari need ASAP to stand 110% behind CL and push him as No 1 driver!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    This isn’t 2022 anymore. Vasseur will do what must be done. No doubt in my mind.

Im not happy with the result.This track supposedly suit us and we end up begind the 2nd RedBull driver with i mghty lap from Lec. Another thing is that we use a low drag wing in Bahrain (very unsuitable)and a more loaded wing here witch compromised out top speed and end up slowe then the RB. If we've done it for our tite deg its not a good solution for me because its a big compromised solution in a low deg track. I just want an answer from the team , they own us that. Are they acknowledge that we are clearly behind-slower then the RBRs and we are just trying to fight our weaknesses in every track with compromised solutions??!! im tired to hear statements like "his track will suit us,we solve our problems so we will be closer etc " AND finally end up worse !!!!
    Νow IF we end up having a decent race pace i will swallow it with a bitter-sweet taste. Bit if we once again we see a Bahrain race pace , then its GAME OVER !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Will it make the car quicker if he was no 1? Having team orders is a luxury for the team with the fastest car. We need both drivers pushing the team forward. I'm sure Charles is regarded as no1 within the team but it's pretty pointless to have team orders if your car isn't performing

i've enjoyed your posts as of late.

yeah, that Red Bull is a second a lap faster than the Ferrari. So whenever you see a gap less than that, that's down to driver.

With Verstappen's start position, this is damage limitation and probably the best result possible for Leclerc.

If no tyre degradation issues tomorrow, should be interesting.

Well at least we are really improved the top speed

2022 vs 2023
    327.0 - 332.8 (+5.8 km/h)

Best Sector Comparisons for Leclerc (2022 vs 2023)
    32.134 - 32.154 (+0.020)
    28.347 - 28.027 (-0.320)
    27.714 - 28.239 (+525)

Not sure if there has been a change at Sector 3 but every car seems to slow down by 0.5 sec.

Two things I would like say firstly I admire Charles true assessment of where ferrari are to redbull, Charles does not sugar coat the ferrari situation so there is lots of work to be done..Secondly I would not bet against Max winning from 15th position he has the car and he has the craft,no doubt perez will be told to move over should the situation arise,that will happen with no ifs and no butts.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Well at least we are really improved the top speed

2022 vs 2023
    327.0 - 332.8 (+5.8 km/h)

Best Sector Comparisons for Leclerc (2022 vs 2023)
    32.134 - 32.154 (+0.020)
    28.347 - 28.027 (-0.320)
    27.714 - 28.239 (+525)

Not sure if there has been a change at Sector 3 but every car seems to slow down by 0.5 sec.
    I guess issue with our first sector atleast in Sainz case is, tyres aren’t ready. Seems to be like front end isn’t good. This car has the potential to take the challenge to RB, it’s a question of whether team is able to unlock performance through consistent development work.

The problem is the season has started and ferrari do not have 3 months to develop the car further, in this business if you don't hit the ground running and I mean running you are pretty well cooked for the year,you are always playing catch up and when you think you are close,the season is over again.Red bull is the benchmark now and hunting them down is no easy feat and may I remind you the budget cap has you by the short curlies so its a uphill battle that only misfortune to redbull will only slow them down.Failing that looks like a tear away season awaits max and redbull,Sure there will be some close encounters but they will not amount to much.

My feeling is that the ferrari does not like the middle east and nite quali we need blue skies and sun shine those tracks await.This desert crap is just for the rich Arab barons who own and array of super cars.