Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: 2023 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    It was an unfair decision anyway.
    I thought our car was quite fast on the soft tyres but as soon as the hards went on it became really sluggish. Hopefully it's a quick fix.
    dude, the car's a TURD....we were only fast on softs because 18 of the other drivers were on MEDIUMS....so that masked a bit of the turd-iness (if there is such word) that our donkey of a car has

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    dude, the car's a TURD....we were only fast on softs because 18 of the other drivers were on MEDIUMS....so that masked a bit of the turd-iness (if there is such word) that our donkey of a car has
    if that's the case we are in for a long uneventful year unless miracles happen.

Forza Jules

My guess is the team thinks that one lap performance has been really close to RB so we can do it on the Race by correct settings.

But this has been the case since last year and we have no progress at all.

Race pace:

1st stint:

PER, MED
    ALO, MED, +0.367
    RUS, MED, +0.788
    VER, MED, +1.028 (traffic)
    SAI, MED, +1.044
    LEC, SOFT, +1.052 (traffic)
    HAM, HARD, +1.630

2nd stint, all HARD, except HAM (MED):

VER
    PER, +0.080
    ALO, +0.909
    RUS, +1.068
    HAM, +1.213
    SAI, +1.374
    LEC, +1.430

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...PQnbDQMZYthg6Q
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Race pace:

1st stint:

PER, MED
    ALO, MED, +0.367
    RUS, MED, +0.788
    VER, MED, +1.028 (traffic)
    SAI, MED, +1.044
    LEC, SOFT, +1.052 (traffic)
    HAM, HARD, +1.630

2nd stint, all HARD, except HAM (MED):

VER
    PER, +0.080
    ALO, +0.909
    RUS, +1.068
    HAM, +1.213
    SAI, +1.374
    LEC, +1.430

https://twitter.com/fanaticsferrari/...PQnbDQMZYthg6Q
    I’m pretty sure that Leclerc had more in his pocket but doesnt really matter in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    I’m pretty sure that Leclerc had more in his pocket but doesnt really matter in the end.
    yup who cares if he had or not had anything more in his pocket.....this year's done and dusted; we're 3rd or 4th best team

yup who cares if he had or not had anything more in his pocket.....this year's done and dusted; we're 3rd or 4th best team
    Do you really expect something good from this team next year ?

To be honest i dont!

And i dont see a career for Vasseur aswell.

He'll be fired by the end of the year due to pressures.

I’m calling it now , we’ll even worse next year.

Do you really expect something good from this team next year ?

To be honest i dont!

And i dont see a career for Vasseur aswell.

He'll be fired by the end of the year due to pressures.

I’m calling it now , we’ll even worse next year.
    i kind of tend to agree with you. Ferrari seem lost and with all the restructuring and key personal leaving the team it will take a few good years to get back to the top IF we ever will

Fred Vasseur kind of enherited whatever Binotto had done last year, so the car NOT being competittive is NOT his fault at all....the question is, WHAT will he do to turn this around and how long will he take him??? THAT IS THE BIGGEST UNKNOWN.

i kind of tend to agree with you. Ferrari seem lost and with all the restructuring and key personal leaving the team it will take a few good years to get back to the top IF we ever will

Fred Vasseur kind of enherited whatever Binotto had done last year, so the car NOT being competittive is NOT his fault at all....the question is, WHAT will he do to turn this around and how long will he take him??? THAT IS THE BIGGEST UNKNOWN.
    With the car and resources he had , Vasseur can’t do anything more than this.

Getting couple of podiums in best case scenario.

We’ll see more DNFs , more trouble with tyres.

I dont see point of trying to fix this concept. fck the cost cap and try new ideas and use whole season as a Giant test season.
    I dont care if we finish 3rd or 6th in the championship.

You guys should of heard Leclerc's team radio after the race.....dead silence after the team radio talked to him.

This kid can handle so much for so many years. He's gonna walk.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    You guys should of heard Leclerc's team radio after the race.....dead silence after the team radio talked to him.

I suspect he was frustrated why the team didn't let him go past Carlos too. I doubt it would have made any difference, but I would have supported that.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Every drivers ambition is to win the championship. Charles is no different in that regard and he's one of the few who has what it takes to win it. So he will jump the ship as soon as the opportunity arrives.

He, like everyone else, knows that this team is incapable of winning the title. The current Ferrari team, from top to bottom, are incapable of beating RB. Only Merc can stop the current RB juggernaut.

All those key personals is main reason of current downfall. The SF23 is their car. Binotto and his cohort designed it. So them leaving is hardly anything to write about.

Ferrari need outsiders. They need title winning, experienced technical director.

It started with Alfonso should have had at least 2 titles only for monumental **** ups.Then came seb should have had a couple of titles again mainly ferrari **** ups lack of guidance provided to seb, now we have Charles not looking good at all poor car, monumental **** ups again can we see the pattern here.It sits right at ferrari from the top to the bottom,jobs for the boys and not going beyond the horizon for talent has caused all the damage.Ferrari are incapable of attracting top staff besides why should they leave?.The sad part is we are watching a ship slowly sink no real leader no real direction just band aid solutions,how very very sad for both our drivers.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    All those key personals is main reason of current downfall. The SF23 is their car. Binotto and his cohort designed it. So them leaving is hardly anything to write about.

Ferrari need outsiders. They need title winning, experienced technical director.
    Sadly that person is Newey, and he won’t come to Ferrari no matter what amount of money they throw at him; as Ferrari tried that numerous times in the past and threw LOADS of money at him, prolly more than what Red bull were paying him and he said NO. Because for obvious reasons he doesn’t wanna relocate to Maranello.
    So 2023 started off bad, but managed to claw back some lap time come end of the year. Lets hope SF24 will give us tifosi something to smile about.

Pretty interesting video Formula Addict made of the top 3 qualifying laps. That RedBull has massive straight line speed. If we could get some more we would be much closer to them.

1 thing is for sure, Leclerc is a quali master!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp-E1...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Pretty interesting video Formula Addict made of the top 3 qualifying laps. That RedBull has massive straight line speed. If we could get some more we would be much closer to them.

1 thing is for sure, Leclerc is a quali master!

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cp-E1...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=
    +1 on LeClerc being a quali monster…he makes Carlos look like an amateur.

I’m sure we can shed off some DF so that we get more straight line speed, but that is NOT the answer as last year we were SUPER fast in quali, yet come race day we would fall on our faces due to mediocre race pace.
    Maybe our car is still a bit too draggy compared to red bull’s concept which is quite efficient aero wise, their floor is generating SOOOO much downforce and the way they have their side pods designed have very little drag.

Maybe there is NO answer to make our concept work any better the way it is and probably same as it’s Mercedes’s….maybe Ferrari will have to change their concept alltoghether and replicate something like red bull. That is a LOT of work as stuff needs to be repackaged under the skin of the side pods and that is NOT doable for this year due to cost cap, but maybe next year???

Time will tell but the pessimist in me thinks that Ferrari have NO chance at winning any races this year and we may even fall back to 4th in WCC by end of the year.

Why would he fight/push? He doesn’t have his teams support. No point. Spicey Santader boy is protected.
    Laughable remark.
    Santander invests money to get results. It's a global company that only makes 10% of its profit in Spain so claiming that they would favour CS to the detriment of CL is simply ridiculous.
    Grow up, mate

Quote Originally Posted by Portago View Post
    Laughable remark.
    Santander invests money to get results. It's a global company that only makes 10% of its profit in Spain so claiming that they would favour CS to the detriment of CL is simply ridiculous.
    Grow up, mate
    Are you going to pretend all the times last year that they prioritized Carlos over Charles didn’t happen? Even when Charles was in a better position and should have been prioritized?

Santander backing or not, Ferrari under Binotto protected and prioritized Carlos to the detriment of the whole team. And it seems like nothing has changed this year.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

So why didn't he take it out of his pocket? What was he keeping it for exactly?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Both drivers 1st names start and end C S; that's whats confusing fans that think one driver has team preference. Meanwhile Ferrari driver; fan preference is without a doubt Leclerc. I believe left to race best they can either one is up to winning a podium even a win.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Both drivers 1st names start and end C S; that's whats confusing fans that think one driver has team preference. Meanwhile Ferrari driver; fan preference is without a doubt Leclerc. I believe left to race best they can either one is up to winning a podium even a win.
    Sadly Brembo not with the current car unless 3 teams have DNFs all at the same time.

Forza Jules

Burn It Down.....Burn It ALL Down.

Quote Originally Posted by BAT340 View Post
    Burn It Down.....Burn It ALL Down.
    Save the chickens! We need the eggs !!