Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Australian Grand Prix - Race Thread

It feels like the FIA is running an Alonso show, giving him preferred treatment because of the "feelgood story" of him racing still!
    "Formula 1 is not a sport anymore” - Fernando Alonso

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup. In general Sainz race pace is not the benchmark.

For RB- Max, AM-Alonso, Mercs- Ham & Russell, Ferrari - Charles.

The reason is Sainz doesn’t belong to above league.

On top of it, I believe RB too didn’t show their true race pace. Once Max got the lead it’s all about tyre management & conservative Engine.
    I’m sure they had a bit left, but not too much maybe. If you compare the fastest lap of the race from Perez and Sainz PB they’re only a couple of tenths apart. Maybe Max could have gone a bit quicker, but in general we weren’t that far away it seems.

W.H.A.T. a mess!
    Messi was a disaster, but this Racing Director fights hard to dethrone him.
    At least 2 Red Flags, for no reason, the only one that made sense was the one for Magnusen's accident.
    There was no need for a standing restart at the end of the race!

As for Sainz, he was too greedy after the awful start. Anyway, I haven't made my mind test if it was predominately his fault.

To me it looks like race control tries very hard to get Hamilton/Alonso in the mix. Ferrari is of course nowhere, so bring Hamilton/Alonso in the mix they hope that fans won't get bored by the RB domination.

What a joke...

Regardless of what happened to ferrari today,there was a much better track performance coming from the car and reliability is pretty good.The 3 week break is just what the doctor has ordered,expect a different ferrari next race,with better luck.The season officially starts for ferrari then.

Obviously very unfortunate given the situation, but the penalty for Sainz seems correct in itself.

Collision between Leclerc and Stroll was just a racing incident, which can happen when starting P7.

Another dominant win for Red Bull, I guess many more will follow this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Still no examples then Ron?
    Stop trolling Greig and start to apply the same standard to yourself. But I guess you won’t, not a big suprise.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Regardless of what happened to ferrari today,there was a much better track performance coming from the car and reliability is pretty good.The 3 week break is just what the doctor has ordered,expect a different ferrari next race,with better luck.The season officially starts for ferrari then.
    Don't be delusional mate, the season has started for Ferrari exactly the same time when it ended and it's the first race

Seems like my decision to not watch a single second of the last two weekends is paying dividends. The manner in which the team has been operated ever since Imola last year onwards is nothing short of disgusting.

Since all that Elkann cares about is making Saudi blood money into his own back pocket along with the Liberty Media scum, prepare for a slide into the bottom teams in the coming years now that Ferrari can't spend their way out of this mess. If Gianni Agnelli came back and saw what Elkann had accepted, things wouldn't have been pretty.

Charles would be clinically insane to sign a new contract with this team.

Sorry for being very frank, but just got to keep it real at this point. Elkann is the worst thing to ever happen to Ferrari and so long as he's involved, the team has no chance whatsoever.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 2nd April 2023 at 10:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Seems like my decision to not watch a single second of the last two weekends is paying dividends. The manner in which the team has been operated ever since Imola last year onwards is nothing short of disgusting.

Since all that Elkann cares about is making Saudi money into his own back pocket along with the Liberty Media scum, prepare for a slide into the bottom teams in the coming years now that Ferrari can't spend their way out of this mess. If Gianni Agnelli came back and saw what Elkann had accepted, things wouldn't have been pretty.

You are not wrong, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Stop trolling Greig and start to apply the same standard to yourself. But I guess you won’t, not a big suprise.
    Trolling by asking for some examples? In others words you can't provide any so hide behind the "trolling" card. Google let you down I take it Bruce?
    Forza Ferrari

For what it's worth, my two penneth.

1: I was disgusted when Stroll didn't get a penalty for taking out Charles
    2: I was happy when Carlos did get a penalty for taking out Alonso.

To me both of these equally deserved punishment because it was one driver making a big mistake and taking out an opponent.

I don't hate Carlos in the least and I love Ferrari but that's just how I feel and it would be the same no matter what driver or car it was.

overall the race was a bit of a deadloss, how many red flags and I'm really not sure they were all warranted.
    as for 2023 so far, I had big hopes and big dreams for Ferrari ...sadly they are already extinguished :(

What a contrast from last year!!!!!! I'm lost for words.

Forza Jules

What a mess for our team, Stroll takes out Charles on lap 1 and no penalty, Carlos hits Alonso (who kept going) and gets a 5sec penalty as well as 2 pts on his superlicence....doesn't add up to me. I regret making myself get up at 5am to watch this manufactured F1, and can't be bothered to even make any further comment. Gutted from lap 1, turn 3.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    What a mess for our team, Stroll takes out Charles on lap 1 and no penalty, Carlos hits Alonso (who kept going) and gets a 5sec penalty as well as 2 pts on his superlicence....doesn't add up to me. I regret making myself get up at 5am to watch this manufactured F1, and can't be bothered to even make any further comment. Gutted from lap 1, turn 3.
    FssXljUX0AA6X3y.jpg

And this doesn't require a penalty? SMH, it sure is becoming a manufactured F1.

Trolling by asking for some examples? In others words you can't provide any so hide behind the "trolling" card. Google let you down I take it Bruce?
    Come on Greig, you are better then that. These accidents are clear penalties, many examples in the past. Google is your friend. The only thing which I really don’t like: if they start after the red flag with the same order like before the accidents, how on earth is there a penalty in the first place? They treated the situation like it didn’t happen, but with the penalty, which I think would be ok in general, but in the context it’s not ok. And why was there a red flag in the first place? These are the right questions Greig. Sainz made a mistake, but the penalty was to harsh in the context. Be better!

Come on Greig, you are better then that. These accidents are clear penalties, many examples in the past. Google is your friend. The only thing which I really don’t like: if they start after the red flag with the same order like before the accidents, how on earth is there a penalty in the first place? They treated the situation like it didn’t happen, but with the penalty, which I think would be ok in general, but in the context it’s not ok. And why was there a red flag in the first place? These are the right questions Greig. Sainz made a mistake, but the penalty was to harsh in the context. Be better!
    They are not clear penalties at t1 on race start, that is the point. Granted you don't really care as it was Sainz but still try and think about the team for once and not just one side of it.
    Forza Ferrari

I made the right decision to stay in bed.

Screw this noise.

They are not clear penalties at t1 on race start, that is the point. Granted you don't really care as it was Sainz but still try and think about the team for once and not just one side of it.
    As I said, I explained that the Netflix decisionmaking of the RD is ********, but that accident is on Sainz. Always judge like you want to be judged, if someone did the same to Charles/Carlos we would all be furious. There were even grid penalties after T1 accidents in the past.

As long as we are not fast enough, we can’t be satisfied. Unless you are ok with being the 4th fastest team after 3 races. I am not, but I guess I don’t care about the team.

As I said, I explained that the Netflix decisionmaking of the RD is ********, but that accident is on Sainz. Always judge like you want to be judged, if someone did the same to Charles/Carlos we would all be furious. There were even grid penalties after T1 accidents in the past.

As long as we are not fast enough, we can’t be satisfied. Unless you are ok with being the 4th fastest team after 3 races. I am not, but I guess I don’t care about the team.
    T1 at race start has often been less likely to be punished as fine you know but because it was Sainz you don't see it, can bet if it was Charles your tune would be very different.
    Forza Ferrari

On a positive note the car appeared to be quicker in race trim. Hopefully we can look forward to Baku and begin to score some good points.

Forza Jules

Apart from our abject failure to compete, the most depressing thing - and the biggest single factor that will finish F1 as we know and love it is - Liberty...

The F1 family was always known as 'the F1 circus'. But they didn't mean the thing with clowns, which is what it's become.
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Stroll vs Leclerc was a racing incident but if you really want to blame someone for it, then blame Leclerc. He was the one who made the pass and Stroll can't just disappear into thin air. Charles could have given him just a little bit more space but he did not.

The penalty for Sainz is complete ********. Gasly eliminated himself and his teammate and got no penalty at all.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Stroll could avoid the incident, Sainz couldn't. Silly penalty.

I am done watching Formula 1. When it's a Ferrari penalties are given immediately. Other teams seems to be treated with velvet gloves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Come on, Charles came from behind fast and there was no place to go for Stroll. I'm a huge fan of Charles, but we can't blame this on Stroll. Just view Stroll's onboard video.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Stroll vs Leclerc was a racing incident but if you really want to blame someone for it, then blame Leclerc. He was the one who made the pass and Stroll can't just disappear into thin air. Charles could have given him just a little bit more space but he did not.
    agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrari312T4 View Post
    Leclerc made a risky move. It was a racing incident from Leclerc on Stroll

Come on, Charles came from behind fast and there was no place to go for Stroll. I'm a huge fan of Charles, but we can't blame this on Stroll. Just view Stroll's onboard video.
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Break and/or go to the right there was room enough.

Regarding the incidents. When you watch them from the on1boards it seems unfair for our drivers. When you watch them from other cameras it's clear that they are at fault in both cases. Leclerc eliminated himself that's why he didn't get a penalty. Sainz had plenty of space on his right, but he couldn't turn the car, he went way too fast into the corner.

Anyway

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post

Since all that Elkann cares about is making Saudi blood money into his own back pocket along with the Liberty Media scum, prepare for a slide into the bottom teams in the coming years now that Ferrari can't spend their way out of this mess. If Gianni Agnelli came back and saw what Elkann had accepted, things wouldn't have been pretty.

Sorry for being very frank, but just got to keep it real at this point. Elkann is the worst thing to ever happen to Ferrari and so long as he's involved, the team has no chance whatsoever.
    What do yoy mean? What Saudi money?

Keep the faith, keep the faith…

-Lou(is)
    Forza
    Ferrari 16/15

Totus Tuus