Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2023 Azerbaijan (Baku) Grand Prix - Practice, Qualifying & Sprint Qualifying Thread

Where do the top 10 drivers stand after todays sprint race points. Who advanced, stayed the same and lost a place(s).

https://twitter.com/F1/status/165234...694337/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

F1 Data Analysis and where some of the cars stand for tomorrows race.

https://twitter.com/F1DataAnalysis/s...DQzbDHoe4tAAAA

Verstappen And Russell's Heated Debate! | F1 Sprint | 2023 Azerbaijan Grand Prix

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKp_frjvH5U

Russell locks up and Russell's steering wheel is past 180 degrees wheel lock when he locks up and hits Max going into the corner.

George Russell vs Max Verstappen: The Inside Story on Their Incident at #AzerbaijanGP #F1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0hiwOCjS7I

What is anyone saying Ferrari's lack of race pace is due to tire deg? I've heard nothing from Ferrari or Leclerc saying the car was amazing until the tires fell off.

From the opening lap to the last lap, Ferrari didn't appear to have the same pace as Red Bull. That doesn't suggest tire deg. There is so much more than to race pace than just tire deg.

Tire TEMPS could be a much bigger issue than tire deg, as it is directly related to tire deg. Engine modes and battery delivery, since last year Ferrari seem to not have the same power in race trim as they do in quali. Balance, the cars might be setup to be best in low fuel quali runs and just can't seem to be good with heavier fuel loads. Red Bull is without question the better race car, was much the same in 2022, and yet were not outstanding in quali. Straightline performance without DRS. Ferrari loses time on every straight relative to Red Bull and can't make it up in the corners without hurting the tires.

Checo:
    I had to push quite hard initially to get past Charles, especially at the restart because on the first lap I could see he had good pace and very good mechanical grip.
    It's true. Charles was out of DRS threat after the first lap (in Sprint, DRS gets activated after the first lap) and the gap was a steady 1.5 seconds before the VSC and SC.

Charles would've eventually get overtaken by the RB but his initial pace was quite good. The problem is that, RB's pace doesn't drop off while everyone else's does. And ours drop off more that the Mercedes and the AM.

Last year before the TD39, there was only one race where Ferrari struggled with the tyres and that was Miami. Everywhere else the F1-75 had the RB covered. But after the TD39, the car lost its tyre wear advantage and Ferrari still haven't recovered that lost performance.

Solving the tyre wear problem is very hard and complex, it's not as simple as bolting new aero parts or increasing the downforce. I wouldn't be surprised if Ferrari fail to rectify the tyre wear problem for this year's car as well.

Charles body language clearly gives us the sense that the his relationship with the team is broken...he is disappointed...i hope thta the team will support him and try as much as they can to give him a winning car... unless i think Mercedes will be his next destination.

Personally, I think he is going to use Mercedes rumor incentivize Ferrari to get winning team of engineers to compete beyond 2026 and at the same time have his next contract to guarantee him more money and #1 status in the team.

Rightfully so since he is one of the best talent of the field. You need a Carlos Sainz on in best day to match a regular day Leclerc. If Ferrari lose Leclerc they have to go get Lando. Either way, I have a feeling that the FIA is working hard to get Audi

the same advantage Mercedes had when they came in at the beginning of Hybrid era. Leclerc is not leaving Ferrari because losing with Ferrari is better than losing with Mercedes.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Checo:

It's true. Charles was out of DRS threat after the first lap (in Sprint, DRS gets activated after the first lap) and the gap was a steady 1.5 seconds before the VSC and SC.

Charles would've eventually get overtaken by the RB but his initial pace was quite good. The problem is that, RB's pace doesn't drop off while everyone else's does. And ours drop off more that the Mercedes and the AM.
    I watched the post sprint interviews, and I stand corrected. Charles straight up said his tires "looked done" while the Red Bull's looked in very good shape. So they still have a deg issue for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by SS454 View Post
    I watched the post sprint interviews, and I stand corrected. Charles straight up said his tires "looked done" while the Red Bull's looked in very good shape. So they still have a deg issue for sure.
    Of course there is a tyre wear issue, that is the main reason why Charles can't maintain his pace throughout the race like the RB.

But his initial pace was quite good. And qualifying proves that the SF23 is a very first car.