Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: 2023 Azerbaijan (Baku) Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    SIMPLE !!!
    Make a fast car to stay out of drs zone !!!!!!!!
    I hear it has a lot to do with aero and tyre wear.
    Maybe our new signings will have the answers. When they complete gardening leave
    [whenever that is] maybe the RB engineers will be the answer to our problems.

Forza Jules

SIMPLE !!!
    Make a fast car to stay out of drs zone !!!!!!!!
    easier said than done though....

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    easier said than done though....
    I said it with a pinch of humor!!

PS . Every time i read post about only the drs difference i always think this answer ,and this is why it always come to my mind Monza (12-13 i dont remember) where Vet (RB) had a loader rear wing (or something else) that made him fast BUT with a lot lower top speed.(behind was Alo (Fer)and Button (MCL) with lower wing and very high top speed). He took the pole and i remember everybody where saying : ok he took pole but with this set up Alo-But will eat him alive on the main straight!!!!
    And what happed?? Vet simply stay out of drs on the 1st laps and then (since he was faster on lap times) he disappeared in front!!!!
    So every time i read about the DRS (speed difference) problem,i simply think this!! JUST dont bother with the top speed ,but try to make the car faster !!!! Even if you are just 2s in front and muching your lap times with the others behind you ,its "problem solved"!!!
    Last edited by PURE PASSION; 1st May 2023 at 19:12.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

PS . Every time i read post about only the drs difference i always think this answer ,and this is why it always come to my mind Monza (12-13 i dont remember) where Vet (RB) had a loader rear wing (or something else) that made him fast BUT with a lot lower top speed.(behind was Alo (Fer)and Button (MCL) with lower wing and very high top speed). He took the pole and i remember everybody where saying : ok he took pole but with this set up Alo-But will eat him alive on the main straight!!!!
    And what happed?? Vet simply stay out of drs on the 1st laps and then (since he was faster on lap times) he disappeared in front!!!!
    So every time i read about the DRS (speed difference) problem,i simply think this!! JUST dont bother with the top speed ,but try to make the car faster !!!! Even if you are just 2s in front and muching your lap times with the others behind you ,its "problem solved"!!!
    I agree with you in part, but in modern F1, with the prevalence of grid penalties, safety cars, red flags, and the fact that they put so many DRS zones at tracks, Australia had 4 for crying out loud, it makes sense to optimize your DRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    I agree with you in part, but in modern F1, with the prevalence of grid penalties, safety cars, red flags, and the fact that they put so many DRS zones at tracks, Australia had 4 for crying out loud, it makes sense to optimize your DRS.
    Again .IF (?) you are faster/stronger in the sections before drs detection place ,it doesnt matter how many are they. ITs just that RB are fast-faster in all sections so even if they are behind can stay below 1s in all zones and when t comes the straight they pass quite ease. Unfortunately now they have almost the perfect car !!
    Every bady else looks like they have to make compromises (slower on corners/top speed or fast on corners / low speed)
    and in that if you ask me i prefer the 2nd. Just try to make it super fast on corners!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

You are completely right.I remember that race and Seb and RB proved that you can win in a low downforce track with a high downforce car.
    If you are ahead 0,6-0,8 on turns DRS can do nothing.

plus last year in Monza. We set our cars up with low loaded rear wings. But rb used more heavier set ups. even I remember that max said like so "we used loaded wing so we can protect our tyres"
    Leclerc got the pole, but max won the race.