Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2023 Italian (Imola) Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Safety is the number1 priority and the welfare of all.The italian govt and formula 1 have made the correct decision 100%.After the rain the sun will shine again.
    Thank God, FIA have learnt something from Jules Bianchi's crash in the Suzuka Grand Prix.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Safety is the number1 priority and the welfare of all.The italian govt and formula 1 have made the correct decision 100%.After the rain the sun will shine again.
    Thank God, FIA have learnt something from Jules Bianchi's crash.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Cancelling was the right thing to do and for once the FIA has acted quickly and conclusively. Thoughts go out to those affected on so many levels and poor stefa with a ruined weekend on his hands. I feel for them all.
    Dear Wisepie, yeah it is a shame, I was so hyped to finally watch Ferrari in Italy, and I was not minding rain whole week, but this is another level! I feel with all people there and hope they are well.
    Any way there are two more races I am going to this year, HUNGARORIUNG and MONZA (also celebrating my 50th birthday there ), so all is not lost. Also, who knows if they push IMOLA to a new date, and I am available....

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Dear Wisepie, yeah it is a shame, I was so hyped to finally watch Ferrari in Italy, and I was not minding rain whole week, but this is another level! I feel with all people there and hope they are well.
    Any way there are two more races I am going to this year, HUNGARORIUNG and MONZA (also celebrating my 50th birthday there ), so all is not lost. Also, who knows if they push IMOLA to a new date, and I am available....
    Stefa, IF you had tickets for the IMOLAGP, here's a link for 2024 tickets or a refund(???). Hope this helps.

https://twitter.com/SalaStampRacing/...597632/photo/1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Doesn't look like there was much choice to begin with.
    Theres no way the race could have proceeded with a flooded circuit

Scuderia Ferrari will donate 1 million euros to the local communities to aid those that were effected by the severe flooding.

Scuderia Ferrari will donate 1 million euros to the local communities to aid those that were effected by the severe flooding.
    Good let's hope other teams follow suit.

Forza Jules

Stefa, IF you had tickets for the IMOLAGP, here's a link for 2024 tickets or a refund(???). Hope this helps.

https://twitter.com/SalaStampRacing/...597632/photo/1
    Thank you for info. Good thing is that supposed trip to Imola was with tourist agency, owned by my over 30 years long good friend, so I did not payed anything in front.

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Thank you for info. Good thing is that supposed trip to Imola was with tourist agency, owned by my over 30 years long good friend, so I did not payed anything in front.
    Well you still have Hungaroring and Monza, stefa, so let's pray that everything gets back to normal and that the Imola region can recover with no further loss of life. It's only a motor race but hopefully you'll get your 50th compleanno with a competitive Ferrari in Hungary and Monza!

So, mostly all the drivers tweeted about the situation of the severe flooding and teams did as well. Some drivers are already in Monaco.............but Yuki Tsunoda(and team-mates) stayed and helped out at the hotel in Faenza and it was dirty work. I haven't seen pics of anyone else in F1 putting in their share to "help out" physically in the community.....and the kid doesn't even live there nor was he even born in Italy. Maybe he's not great at what he does inside the car on an F1 track but his heart was great in trying to help out in the community.....speaks volumes given the severe situation.

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...798528/photo/1

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...798528/photo/2

https://twitter.com/SalaStampRacing/...380740/photo/1

So, mostly all the drivers tweeted about the situation of the severe flooding and teams did as well. Some drivers are already in Monaco.............but Yuki Tsunoda(and team-mates) stayed and helped out at the hotel in Faenza and it was dirty work. I haven't seen pics of anyone else in F1 putting in their share to "help out" physically in the community.....and the kid doesn't even live there nor was he even born in Italy. Maybe he's not great at what he does inside the car on an F1 track but his heart was great in trying to help out in the community.....speaks volumes given the severe situation.

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...798528/photo/1

https://twitter.com/AlbertFabrega/st...798528/photo/2

https://twitter.com/SalaStampRacing/...380740/photo/1
    Appreciate what he is doing however some people do it even when cameras are not around. In India there is a saying, if you are doing someone a favour or help, you should do it in a manner that if you are doing it with your right hand, even your left hand should not know about it

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well you still have Hungaroring and Monza, stefa, so let's pray that everything gets back to normal and that the Imola region can recover with no further loss of life. It's only a motor race but hopefully you'll get your 50th compleanno with a competitive Ferrari in Hungary and Monza!
    Thank you! If I can not get two wins, I would gladly sacrifice Hungaroring over Monza!!!

The cancellation has given ferrari more time to work on the car and to get that sf 23 at the pointy end in race trim.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Appreciate what he is doing however some people do it even when cameras are not around. In India there is a saying, if you are doing someone a favour or help, you should do it in a manner that if you are doing it with your right hand, even your left hand should not know about it
    There is also another saying......"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." (Mahatma Gandhi)

There is also another saying......"The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." (Mahatma Gandhi)