Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Monaco Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    How can a team like Merc bring a whole new car basically with new suspension and all that AND still be within spending budget throughout the year….that is beyond me

Hopefully Ferrari will do the same and screw the budget cap limit
    The more important question is why are they capable of producing such a vast upgrade package when Ferrari are sitting there with thumbs in butts? What are they doing differently in the factory, and why is Ferrari unable to do so as well? Why do the other top teams always out develop Ferrari?

Who cares about that money, that is secondary. We already know that going over budget doesn't really matter. RBR did it and they are in a league of their own despite the 10% wind tunnel reduction. You think they care about a $6MM fine?

How can a team like Merc bring a whole new car basically with new suspension and all that AND still be within spending budget throughout the year….that is beyond me

Hopefully Ferrari will do the same and screw the budget cap limit
    I believe several teams will be over the cap budget for 2023...........to be continued
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Due to the layout, F1 teams eschew upgrade testing in Monaco. But Mercedes turning up with pretty much a b-spec car tells me that they are either very confident with the upgrades or they are desperate and don't want to wait for Spain, regardless if the upgrades are working or not. Hopefully it's the latter.

And as for Ferrari, well I have pretty much given up and no longer expect any substantial aero upgrades from them. Last year, there were talks about new rear suspension and whatnot, and all those talks turned out to be nothing but false rumors. Expecting the same this year as well.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 25th May 2023 at 16:38.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Due to the layout, F1 teams eschew upgrade testing in Monaco. But Mercedes turning up with pretty much a b-spec car tells me that they are either very confident with the upgrades or they are desperate and don't want to wait for Spain, regardless if the upgrades are working or not. Hopefully it's the latter.

And as for Ferrari, well I have pretty much given up and no longer expect any substantial aero upgrades from them. Last year, there were talks about new rear suspension and whatnot, and all those talks turned out to be nothing but false rumors. Expecting the same this year as well.
    We have become so used to the promises of various developments over the past few years, only for it to turn into a cloud of smoke, so my expectations are low too, but wouldn't it be nice to be proved wrong. For once.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    We have become so used to the promises of various developments over the past few years, only for it to turn into a cloud of smoke, so my expectations are low too, but wouldn't it be nice to be proved wrong. For once.
    It would be nice, sadly it's gonna be the opposite.
    "We're shifting focus to 2024"
    "Next year is gonna be our year"
    It's so sad seeing Mercedes introduce a B-spec car so early in the season, regardless if it's gonna work or not, at least they're trying something, meanwhile we have tire degradation issues for 2 years and we can't seem to know what is the cause.

Someone loaded an F40 onto his yacht......only in Monaco and ahead of an F1 weekend.

https://twitter.com/EngineMode11/sta...C99Z2g6I8uAAAA
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Put you r money on desperate there will be no major earth shattering performance forth coming that can topple red bull.Its just about being the best of the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    The more important question is why are they capable of producing such a vast upgrade package when Ferrari are sitting there with thumbs in butts? What are they doing differently in the factory, and why is Ferrari unable to do so as well? Why do the other top teams always out develop Ferrari?

Who cares about that money, that is secondary. We already know that going over budget doesn't really matter. RBR did it and they are in a league of their own despite the 10% wind tunnel reduction. You think they care about a $6MM fine?
    Exactly!!!

I disagree.
    If noone cared and we played out of the rules , then we could also make a car totally different.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I disagree.
    If noone cared and we played out of the rules , then we could also make a car totally different.
    So why does Ferrari care and play by the rules religiously when the likes of red bull and Merc don’t give 2 **** about it

Because Ferrari are spineless jelly fish...sadly the Ferrari management of OLd days are long gone....Ferrari nowadays are run by a bunch of klowns

Any free links for FP1 or FP2 later today?

Thanks

Any free links for FP1 or FP2 later today?

Thanks
    https://www.vipleague.st
    https://firstsrowsports.tv/stream
    https://www.vipbox.lc/formula-1-live

whatever works
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

So why does Ferrari care and play by the rules religiously when the likes of red bull and Merc don’t give 2 **** about it

Because Ferrari are spineless jelly fish...sadly the Ferrari management of OLd days are long gone....Ferrari nowadays are run by a bunch of klowns

Nailed it.............Couldn't agree more
    Drive it like you stole it!

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Exactly!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I disagree.
    I'm glad we're all on the same page

To quote a very funny Canadian TV show character: "it's not that they don't love to win.. it's that they don't hate to lose."

Ferrari is run by people who find losing acceptable.

So Sai 7 tenths in front of Lec in Monaco!!!!
    Ok i saw that Lec had a better lap up until the last S , but still its looks like Sai feels more comfortable ??!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ok i saw that Lec had a better lap up until the last S , but still its looks like Sai feels more comfortable ??!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post

Not gonna last long, trust me
    Drive it like you stole it!

It's just traffic. From the onboards, Charles didn't look uncomfortable. He did have a snap but overall, he looked quite composed.
    This is just FP1, I will be happy if we keep the same position after the end of qualifying.

FP1: Classification

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    It's just traffic. From the onboards, Charles didn't look uncomfortable. He did have a snap but overall, he looked quite composed.
    This is just FP1, I will be happy if we keep the same position after the end of qualifying.
    yeah, Charles will school any teammate at this type of tracks any day of the week....it's just FP1; when it matters he'll push and take pole if the car is somewhat competitive.

we still haven't seen the true hand of red bull/Max and maybe even Alonso on this track.

more to come from FP2....

but yeah, Quali will be very important here as THIS race may be the ONLY one we can actually have a shot at winning this season.....I KNOW, I KNOW......SAD BUT AT THE SAME TIME TRUE.

You can call it what you will and complain all you like. Quite honestly it will make zero difference.

What matters is that we play by the rules.
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

It is just practice 1, not even practice 2.

I'm glad we're all on the same page

To quote a very funny Canadian TV show character: "it's not that they don't love to win.. it's that they don't hate to lose."

Ferrari is run by people who find losing acceptable.
    The answer is right in front of everyone's eyes and it shocks me that I read things that are so wrong.

Ok, a freebie (sorry but all this brings the sarcasm out).
    If someone (say RBR, or Merc or whoever) breaks the budget cap and plays outside the rules with no fear they do it because....???
    Why because they have the political power to make it not matter (YAY)

Which leads to one definitive conclusion (and that hurts btw).
    We don't have enough political leverage to just break the cap and do what RBR did or what apparently Merc does.

So , it's simple, until this is rectified, b*tching bout it only brings friction.

Stop all the nonsense talk upgrades vary from team to team on when they are mounted and used and the amount
    Of upgrading all budget caps are monitored regardless of team.Mercedes have gone all in ferrari are taking a different path,as for ferrari being spinless jelly fish now thats a bit rich.

ΗΗΜΜΜ ,still early FP2 ,but in every lap on hards Sai is 0.4-0.5 faster then Lec ???!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

ΗΗΜΜΜ ,still early FP2 ,but in every lap on hards Sai is 0.4-0.5 faster then Lec ???!!!!
    i wouldn't read too much into it mate

i wouldn't read too much into it mate
    dont know if its a bit of change of tactic from Lec , not to push too muchon FPs , but looks like its the 1st time that Sai has the edge on him on every lap on every tire.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Carlos bins it a bit...

The constant red flags are insane... I saw something that there were more red flags last year than in the entire history of F1 before it...

Carlos massively misjudged that. Should be alright though. We look quick

FP2: Classification