Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Monaco Grand Prix - Race Thread

We're slow in the dry, slow in the wet, so this car is a complete donkey. Even Alpine is faster than us.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Don't we have our upgrades coming in Barcelona? If there is no progress there we need to write the season off
    Yoy whant me to answer this to you, from now ???!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Don't we have our upgrades coming in Barcelona? If there is no progress there we need to write the season off
    Look at the "upgrades" they brought in Miami. The ride quality is worse than what we had at the start of this season.

I'm not expecting much from the upcoming upgrades.

P6 and P8. Deserved.

Ferrari needs to come out and right-off this rule cycle. They are nowhere and have no idea where to go. Complete disaster.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Charles doesn’t deserve anything if he is so slow n wet. Except if only he has lost his desire to drive….

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Charles doesn’t deserve anything if he is so slow n wet. Except if only he has lost his desire to drive….
    I dont know if it was the car , (Sai was not faster) but the tryth is that he didnt do anything special. An avarage drive from him. BUT we have seen so good wet drives from him in the past, so i will wait a bit if we eventually will be on a good car to see if he is a true champion or just a very good qualy driver !!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    Ferrari needs to come out and right-off this rule cycle. They are nowhere and have no idea where to go. Complete disaster.
    Just replay last year's Monaco race, when he was leading the race comfortably during the rain. Or last year's Suzuka where he was battling with the dominant RB in the wets. Pay a bit more attention.

The ride quality looked even worse in the wets. So much bouncing under braking and the floor was bottoming out in slow speed corners.

The Mclaren was more than 3 seconds/lap faster than us in the rain.

I think that today Charles drove carefully by his standards probably afraid of hitting the wall. :
    He has probably taken a lot of criticism in the Italian media and wanted to avoid another DNF.

Forza Jules

Drivers' Standings ��

VER, 144
    PER, 105
    ALO, 93
    HAM, 69
    RUS, 50
    SAI, 48 ��
    LEC, 42 ��
    STR, 27

What embarrassing picture !!!! And even more tragic is that THIS is the true picture of our team/car performance.And the most possible scenario is that they are incapable to chenge it !!!!!!
    This year i keep asking myself,why i keep following this team?? Its obvious that they are very little compare to RBR,Merc and AstonMartin now.
    Its just that its the only team i follow since i start watching F1 from back to the end of 1980's .And its impossible to start cheering for another team and launch with Ferrari. When i reach my veery limits ,i'll just stop watching F1 n general.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Who cares?

You might remember I told you last year that we will be re-building, you seemed to think replacing Binotto would solve everything, you were wrong as usual.
    If you don’t care, just leave the forum, right?

If it was up to you, we would still have Binotto. Look at the disaster he created. You were ok with the status quo. Replacing Binotto was the first step. We at least gained a year, but it will be painful. As usual.

Heartbreaking , as always... :(

Don't have any hopes for this team. And why would there be? According to Ferrari themselves, they have identified the problems during the pre-season testing, which was 4 months ago, but yet to bring any substantial upgrades that would fix those problems. All they have done so far is adding bits and pieces to the floor and racing with the single pylon RW in high downforce tracks.

The Mercedes and Mclaren, both have brought big upgrades. Mercedes didn't care much about Monaco being "unique" and raced with their new parts here. You should have confidence in your tools-the CFD or windtunnel, like Mercedes. Ferrari on the other hand needs track running to verify the data.

They didn't respond to the changes caused by TD39 last year, or didn't know how to respond. And this year seems to be the repeat of last year. I'm sure we'll be hearing rumours and anecdotes about the upgrades that were supposed to be coming in Spain, but end the result will be quite disappointing (hopefully not).

Could not care less about ferrari performance they are where they belong and they are receiving there just rewards .They created the inefficiency and they can fix the problem the road will be long and painful and the lesson learnt is that jobs for the boys and keeping it in house does not work its all on display for all to see painful as it is all fans can just drop there heads in silence just like a death.We all await the rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Don't have any hopes for this team. And why would there be? According to Ferrari themselves, they have identified the problems during the pre-season testing, which was 4 months ago, but yet to bring any substantial upgrades that would fix those problems. All they have done so far is adding bits and pieces to the floor and racing with the single pylon RW in high downforce tracks.

The Mercedes and Mclaren, both have brought big upgrades. Mercedes didn't care much about Monaco being "unique" and raced with their new parts here. You should have confidence in your tools like the CFD or windtunnel, like Mercedes. Ferrari on the other hand needs track running to verify the data.

They didn't respond to the changes caused by TD39 last year, or didn't know how to respond. And this year seems to be the repeat of last year. I'm sure we'll be hearing rumours and anecdotes about the upgrades that were supposed to be coming in Spain, but end the result will be quite disappointing (hopefully not).
    The saddest /baddest thing is THIS !!! Because if t was just bad management, its solvable. BUT the luck of qualty from the whole team is very hard to change. All the good engineer's are in better environments and Ferrari has lost its glamor now so they dont care comming especially when they see that for the past 13 years we suppose to built a new solid team with new TDs and TPs ,AND the result is always the same. The worst team amoung the top ones with laughable amateurish mistakes. So it will take years even if FD is the right TP and Elkhann has given him blank check !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Absolutely NO excuses. Dire performance from the Scuderia.

Another dull procession of a race, livened up - very slightly - by some rain. Only watched bits here and there as I have been cleaning the house today and, ghastly as that is, it's preferable to watching F1 right now.

Don't think I've ever been so disillusioned with both the sport and Ferrari - won't give up on Ferrari but may give up on F1, the Liberty-run circus of ****!

More gormless 'slebs' anyone?
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    If you don’t care, just leave the forum, right?

If it was up to you, we would still have Binotto. Look at the disaster he created. You were ok with the status quo. Replacing Binotto was the first step. We at least gained a year, but it will be painful. As usual.
    You are making things up now as usual. When Charles leaves so will you
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    You are making things up now as usual. When Charles leaves so will you
    I am a Ferrari Fan since the 90s, so much for that… you should have a gardening leave, just as Binotto.

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    I am a Ferrari Fan since the 90s, so much for that… you should have a gardening leave, just as Binotto.
    If that is what you want, it can be done. But rather than shutting the forum down I am willing to remain loyal to my team and wait. Maybe we will never win another title who knows, I can accept that you won't.
    Forza Ferrari

It was coming. We've finally been surpassed by Alpine. Hopefully we can hold on and remain ahead of McLaren for the remainder of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I think that today Charles drove carefully by his standards probably afraid of hitting the wall. :
    He has probably taken a lot of criticism in the Italian media and wanted to avoid another DNF.
    I agree on this point, and judging by both drivers' radio messages, there wasn't much love lost between them and the pit wall for the entire race, frustration just makes things worse. We were jumped by the Mercs again, always annoying, and I wonder what Catalunya will bring, the drivers don't seem to have any confidence in the SF23, wet or dry, with or without any 'upgrades'. Sad.

Well, Ferrari got a helping hand this weekend, thanks to Perez's crash. Now they can study the RB floor with visual reference.
    But whether they can extract anything consequential is up to a guess.

The most 'pathetic' team on the grid,drivers crash,pitwall calls,management.Can not wait for 2026 to come.Support will go with AUDI.

Sainz: "Oké seems P3"

Xavi: "Hold my beer."

Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

I don’t even know what to say, the team is a pathetic joke. In 12 months Ferrari went from challenging for wins to being 5th fastest car on the grid.

I’ve never seen a fall more pathetic except maybe McLaren, but I DGAF about McLaren… so this is the worst for me.

I lost for words.

Also, Monaco, as a race can be relocated to the dust bin of history for all I care. As a race this is utterly worthless. This is nothing more than onanism on the part of F1 and the FIA. There is no reason to hold this race if your primary goal is motor car racing.

You know, this is crazy. race after race we blunder and mess up, year after year.

At this point either the team are utterly incompetent and useless or there's some insider sabotage going on.

it's utterly baffling but intensely disappointing and frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfive View Post
    You know, this is crazy. race after race we blunder and mess up, year after year.

At this point either the team are utterly incompetent and useless or there's some insider sabotage going on.

it's utterly baffling but intensely disappointing and frustrating.
    Incompetence often times looks like malice. But it isn’t it’s just utterly gross incompetence from the top to the bottom.

A disaster on wheels totally disorganised dysfunctional organisation with exceptional poor communication skills.The position's vacant will only grow.Ferrari must ask how on earth can they attract talent, not even large amounts of money will lure them.Its very bad from top to bottom and as inviting as a rattle snake.As for the drivers they are struggling and there careers are being eroded,well let's face it who really wants them any way regardless of the Charles hype?

I don't know what we expected. It's clear for years now that we can't develop the car. It's always one year up and then one or few years down. We've had 2 years head start for the 2022 regulations and we managed to build just a car that was as fast as Red Bull who fought until the last race in 2021. We should have built a monster that would demolish everyone. So even that was not impressive. But during a season we were losing ground race by race to the whole field basically. So is it really a surprise to see where we are now? Don't expect us to produce anything extraordinary anytime soon. We need to change everything a nail the direction so it may take years, decades. Stay strong guys, we'll be up there one day.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees