Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Spanish Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Martin Brundle said Charles Leclerc will likely have to start from the pit lane, as Ferrari will take the car apart to investigate.
    Pit lane is better than P19, keeps him clear of any craziness in Turn 1.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    That's all you got. Lose the argument and try to bury your failure for all the other members to see.
    You rage posted pics on the internet, you lost. So funny.
    Forza Ferrari

It’s been 82 qualifying sessions since Charles Leclerc’s last Q1 elimination.

Last one was Monaco 2019.

He was able to put that 2020 & 2021 doggy cars on pole position….!!

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    As I've said already, we shouldn't always be focussing on the negatives. The upgrades have worked and the car is behaving much better than before. So that's already a big plus point.

And as for qualifying, tell me, apart from Baku or Monaco, in which race we were closer to the RB? If you have forgotten already, Charles was also able to put the 2021 car on pole in those races. So it's more down to his natural speed than the car.

And it has been quite clear that Charles's side of the garage is not up to the standard. But the blame should lay on him as well. Why hasn't he demanded any changes? His race engineer keeps making mistakes but he seems to be oblivious. He has all the speed to become a champion, but his mindset is clearly mellow and doesn't have the ruthlessness of Max/Alo/Ham.
    but the bottom line is he hasn't had the machinery to challenge

i'm not one of the "fire everyone at the slightest mistake" brigade, but if there is one person I wouldn't be sad to see leave, it's Xav. I can't stand him.

Charles Leclerc:

“I don't want to lower my head: sure, starting 19th will be difficult, but it's a race in which there will be a lot of tyre degradation.”

“If we manage the race well, we will be able to get back in front. That will be the goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    +1

Sadly so many here are just too deep into negativity they don't know anything else.
    This happend times to times more than 10 years and we still can't get a title . How can nobody don't feeling negative when something bad happend

Vasseur: "We're satisfied with the updates we've brought because we're paving the way for future development. We seem to have improved in terms of race pace but tomorrow will be the real test. But I'm quite optimistic."

You rage posted pics on the internet, you lost. So funny.
    I proved you wrong on the internet, from the comfort of the same chair I watched the Ferrari failure this morning, with minimal effort. Yet another piece of evidence for everyone else here that you are a pathetic joke who will simp for failure. You can pretend it to be otherwise, that seems to be in line with the rest of your personality, but it doesn't change the fact that you were proven to be wrong again.

all the cars have a narrow window btw, it's just that Red Bull only care about one driver

Carlos Sainz:

“I don't know exactly what happened to Charles, but it seems to be the same story all year.”

“The car has a very narrow window, and depending on the conditions, you struggle with different balances".
    That's a political answer from Sainz, cause Charles is always able to work better with the "narrow window" than Sainz. There's clearly something broken with his car, probably the differential.

And if the window is narrow, how did he put the car on the front row?

Quote Originally Posted by WS6TransAm01 View Post
    I proved you wrong on the internet, from the comfort of the same chair I watched the Ferrari failure this morning, with minimal effort. Yet another piece of evidence for everyone else here that you are a pathetic joke who will simp for failure. You can pretend it to be otherwise, that seems to be in line with the rest of your personality, but it doesn't change the fact that you were proven to be wrong again.
    hahahahaha I will feel embarrassed for you once I stop laughing at the pics. That's before I even go on to consider you have them hanging on your wall.
    Forza Ferrari

one of the characteristics of the Red Bull car is that it has a narrow window, and it takes them a few sessions to dial it in, which is why they are vulnerable on sprint weekends.

Fred Vasseur:

“We have to understand what happened on Charles' car because on the left curves there was something wrong.”

“There must be something broken. I trust Charles' perception.”

Fred trusts Charles so much…

That's a political answer from Sainz, cause Charles is always able to work better with the "narrow window" than Sainz. There's clearly something broken with his car, probably the differential.

I guess he was referring to his quali laps before at other tracks where he experience the same as Charles now. It’s just my assumption.

hahahahaha I will feel embarrassed for you once I stop laughing at the pics. That's before I even go on to consider you have them hanging on your wall.
    Just show back your degree to continute this conversation
    Last edited by Aviamata; 3rd June 2023 at 16:09.

I guess he was referring to his quali laps before at other tracks where he experience the same as Charles now. It’s just my assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    but the bottom line is he hasn't had the machinery to challenge

i'm not one of the "fire everyone at the slightest mistake" brigade, but if there is one person I wouldn't be sad to see leave, it's Xav. I can't stand him.
    He had the machinery last year, before the TD39. But I've said already, his mindset is mellow. His race engineer messed up the strategies in Monaco, Silverstone and Hungary; three races where he would've easily won. Yet he never demanded any changes.

Xavi is still his race engineer, mostly because of Charles himself. You can't stand him, nor do I, but Charles certainly likes him, even after all those countless mistakes.

People with degrees and licenses hang them on their wall... that's why licensing boards send out "wall certificates" but you wouldn't know anything about that because you're a simp.

I'm sure you're super proud of your macaroni art on the fridge tho.

Fred Vasseur:

“We have to understand what happened on Charles' car because on the left curves there was something wrong.”

“There must be something broken. I trust Charles' perception.”

Fred trusts Charles so much…
    Stop trusting your team Vasseur then. This team has a weak mindset in general. You can’t be satisfied with this upgrade. We should not have been in this situation in the first place.

He doesn't have the speed of Charles. It's a universal truth. So it's natural for him to get outqualified by Charles on most occasions, nothing to do with "narrow window".

Quote Originally Posted by brucewayne View Post
    Stop trusting your team Vasseur then. This team has a weak mindset in general. You can’t be satisfied with this upgrade. We should not have been in this situation in the first place.
    So, the upgrades have worked but Ferrari can't be satisfied with it? Strange post.

''Jean Todt didn't laugh'' , surely Fred need to be more serious

Atleast these upgrades are step in right directions & with new recruits, more wind tunnel probably we can make some progress for next season. To be frank, I’m really happy with these upgrades given FP’s how it went. Actual test is tomorrow.
    If all goes well with Sainz able to keep up that P2 & leclerc fights through the field & still have better tyre deg, then I’m more than happy with upgrades.

So, the upgrades have worked but Ferrari can't be satisfied with it? Strange post.
    Are you satisfied with the situation? I won’t be satisfied if you come with a new design philosophy in Barcelona, during a season. This should have been there from the start of the season, so yes I don’t think there is anything to be satisfied about. We are barely in front if McLaren. But maybe that’s on me. I am still spoiled from Todt.

I don't think Carlos has anything to worry about from those who'd start behind him. But he mustn't lose positions at the start.

Ferrari should put new engine, control unit and MGU-k on Charles's car and start him from the pitlane. There's bound to be an incident or two at the start, and starting from the pitlane is the safest bet.
    Last edited by tifosi1993; 3rd June 2023 at 16:20.

Are you satisfied with the situation? I won’t be satisfied if you come with a new design philosophy in Barcelona, during a season. This should have been there from the start of the season, so yes I don’t think there is anything to be satisfied about. But maybe that’s on me. I am still spoiled from Todt.
    15 years is a long time , that's why we can't satisfied after these years . There is positive signs like early 2017 2018 2022 but then we just comeback to the starting point afterward . I can't really feeling happy with these positive upgrade until we really fight for championship all the way to the end of the season

Are you satisfied with the situation? I won’t be satisfied if you come with a new design philosophy in Barcelona, during a season. This should have been there from the start of the season, so yes I don’t think there is anything to be satisfied about. But maybe that’s on me. I am still spoiled from Todt.
    Well that's your issue then, reminiscing about the past and getting "spoiled" by them. But I don't care about the past, so my entire focus is on the present.

Yes, I'm satisfied with the situation. I wouldn't be, had those upgrades not worked. But they have and I see no point at downplaying the improvements they have brought to the car.

Ferrari is investigating the problems Leclerc had, first on the right rear corner, now they have disassembled the floor

@Formu1a.uno

Well that's your issue then, reminiscing about the past and getting "spoiled" by them. But I don't care about the past, so my entire focus is on the present.

Yes, I'm satisfied with the situation. I wouldn't be, had those upgrades not worked. But they have and I see no point at downplaying the improvements they have brought to the car.
    I will be satisfied if we can regularly fight for wins and championships. If you are ok with being second, an upgraded design philosophy, which arrived only in Barcelona and not the beginning of the season, that’s on you. The present says that we are way off Pole, and way off the needed race pace to win a race in 2023.

Ferrari is investigating the problems Leclerc had, first on the right rear corner, now they have disassembled the floor

@Formu1a.uno
    Vasseur mentioned that Charles even had this problem in FP3.