Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Spanish Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    so that's mean our position on FP2 is not important and we're better than our last races ? It feels kinda awkward , i think everyone set the fastest time with quali setup
    Yes, the difference between the last race or Miami, and this race is substantial. At Miami, Charles was struggling with the balance and the floor was bottoming out, which made the car unstable.

But no such issues today. The car looked well balanced and the ride quality was good. I'd say they made a good step forward in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I see only can Leclerc can do it. Also our long runs looks good over Aston/Alonso & matching Perez.
    Yup. Max maybe out of reach, but I don't see Perez or Alonso being a problem here.

Both Leclerc and Sainz were pleased with the updates on the Ferrari SF-23 and the times in the race sim reflect that. Ferrari showed good speed and consistency in the long runs towards the end of the session. A step in the right direction.

@Formu1a.uno

Its good to see good vibes from the drivers and in general.
    the times are not great (i mean VES great) but not bad. to tell you the truth to me it looks we are on par with AM /MERC. I dont want this. I want at least here to be the undisputed 2nd force ! Can we do it ???!!
    Attachment 8184
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Its good to see good vibes from the drivers and in general.
    the times are not great (i mean VES great) but not bad. to tell you the truth to me it looks we are on par with AM /MERC. I dont want this. I want at least here to be the undisputed 2nd force ! Can we do it ???!!
    Attachment 8184
    i think we should use this year car to test compoments and design for 2024 . The car development are underway too so , though i hope that we can still get P2 constructor this year

Long runs FP2:

Ferrari - Sainz - avg lap time (Soft) - 19.8 (5 Laps)
    Ferrari - Leclerc - avg lap time (Soft) - 20.1 (11 Laps)
    RB - Max - Avg Lap time (soft) - 19.3 (6 Laps)
    RB - Perez - Avg Lap time (soft) - 20.3 (9 Laps)
    Merc - Ham - Avg Lap time (soft) - 20.6 (4 Laps)
    Merc - Russel - Avg Lap time (soft) - 20.4 (13 Laps)
    Aston - Alonso - Avg Lap time (soft) - 20.3 (4 Laps)

@ Formu1a.uno

FP 1: Different cars, not much difference between LEC and SAI. LEC slightly faster, as usual.

FP 2: Same cars, not much difference between LEC and SAI. LEC slightly faster, as usual.

What has changed?
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    FP 1: Different cars, not much difference between LEC and SAI. LEC slightly faster, as usual.

FP 2: Same cars, not much difference between LEC and SAI. LEC slightly faster, as usual.

What has changed?
    First of all I don’t think it’s right comparison due to various factors (track conditions/fuel loads/feel of the car etc)
    In general, Leclerc doesn’t even drive to the maximum in FP1/FP2… he always perform maximum in Q1 to Q3.
    He does have edge over Sainz atleast .3ths or .4ths.

I see car balance is good now coming out of corners & drivability’s is not to the best yet but reasonable. Once they fine tune the set up, I think car should be good in one lap & race pace.

Car looks much improved handling wise, which should give the drivers more confidence to find the limit. So far it looks a step in the right direction.
    Forza Ferrari

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ferrari: new parts are very visible and are a profound change in the basic setting so it is about using the car in a different way. The parts work and we will be using them for the rest of the week

@Formu1a.uno

Lance stroll simply ridiculous should not be in f1 Dads money sure but dads patience wearing thin.Many points going down the drain at present.He has the same car as Alonso but is no Alonso ,stroll is doing ferrari and mercedes a huge favour with poor performances .Alonso is carrying Aston Martin on his shoulders 2nd over all superb for one guy do you not agree.

The new package just might be the ticket to solving Ferrari's degradation issues. Both drivers were making consistent laps within .5 seconds over 12 laps.

Well the fact that they made such major changes and are still keeping them is great news! It seems these changes actually had a positive effect. Something is definitely changing in the processes at Maranello and it seems Ferrari is now working in the right direction!
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Qualifying will be crucial. Alpine seems to have taken a step forward and it could mess our race up if we qualify behind them. Maybe we should ask Laurent Rossi to come and shout at our boys... could be worth a couple of tenths

Long runs FP2:

Ferrari - Sainz - avg lap time (Soft) - 19.8 (5 Laps)
    Ferrari - Leclerc - avg lap time (Soft) - 20.1 (11 Laps)
    RB - Max - Avg Lap time (soft) - 19.3 (6 Laps)
    RB - Perez - Avg Lap time (soft) - 20.3 (9 Laps)
    Merc - Ham - Avg Lap time (soft) - 20.6 (4 Laps)
    Merc - Russel - Avg Lap time (soft) - 20.4 (13 Laps)
    Aston - Alonso - Avg Lap time (soft) - 20.3 (4 Laps)

@ Formu1a.uno
    That looks good.

Surely but slowly the big wheel I'd turning in a positive and correct direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheeseman View Post
    Qualifying will be crucial. Alpine seems to have taken a step forward and it could mess our race up if we qualify behind them. Maybe we should ask Laurent Rossi to come and shout at our boys... could be worth a couple of tenths

Encouraging first steps for the Ferrari SF-23 EVO: -
    Expanded window of use
    More efficient car for tires with high fuel load (rolls lower)
    Rear is more stable
    Still lacks the aero load and the front still weak

@Formu1a.uno

Guys do you know what else you ve forgotten ? Ferrari has finally solved its engine issues. No engine blow up for so many races.

Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Guys do you know what else you ve forgotten ? Ferrari has finally solved its engine issues. No engine blow up for so many races.
    I don't think we are running with 100% power yet , but this one is good sign . With a powerful and reliable engine , we can fight back in 2024

Encouraging first steps for the Ferrari SF-23 EVO: -
    Expanded window of use
    More efficient car for tires with high fuel load (rolls lower)
    Rear is more stable
    Still lacks the aero load and the front still weak

@Formu1a.uno
    That's a wrong assessment and not backed up by any data. If Ferrari really had a weak front end, they would've struggled massively in the second sector of Baku/Miami.
    And I don't think we should take every info from Formu1a.uno as factual. They have already been proven wrong about the rear suspension, and a lot of things they say are not backed up by the actual telemetry data.

Ferrari's problem is peaky downforce. This upgrades have made the platform more stable. They will make another big step forward with the next upgrades.

A consistent plattform would be a good step at this point. If you compare VES/SAI and PER/LEC, who had similar stints, it does look ok.

Rain

The car looked well balanced. No twitching or any snap oversteer, smooth. Let's see what the drivers can do in qualifying, especially Charles.

FP3:CLASSIFICATION

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    That's a wrong assessment and not backed up by any data. If Ferrari really had a weak front end, they would've struggled massively in the second sector of Baku/Miami.
    And I don't think we should take every info from Formu1a.uno as factual. They have already been proven wrong about the rear suspension, and a lot of things they say are not backed up by the actual telemetry data.

Ferrari's problem is peaky downforce. This upgrades have made the platform more stable. They will make another big step forward with the next upgrades.
    Noted.

F2 Sprint ended in dry condition. So qualifying will be held under dry condition, unless there's more rain on the way.

What are Ferrari doing ?

The FIA are so Red Flag happy, it’s pathetic.