Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213

Thread: 2023 Spanish Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    https://www.racefans.net/2022/08/26/title-rivals-bring-belgian-gp-updates-while-mclaren-make-most-changes-to-car/

Suspensions are more important now. Ground effect is making teams rediscover suspension. Red Bull is able to run their suspension softer without encountering any bouncing, that's why they don't suffer performance loss from bumps and elevation changes.

I believe by not touching the suspension, Ferrari is losing out big time. I also believe if the SF23 had the RB suspensions, it would be the fastest car on the grid.
    If suspension is the key, then why isnt RedBull so affected by fuel load? If they ran suspension soft how do they maintain ride height throughout the race?
    I believe they can run softer suspension because they bleed off downforce when not needed. As the car gets to a certain, optimal ride height, then the floor bleeds off downforce to maintain that height and not get sucked down too far. At higher speeds on straights, I bet they almost completely stall the floor, as max downforce isnt needed.

If it was suspension used to maintain ride height, the dampers would need to be fully compressed to stop the car from continuing to lower as downforce builds or they have to be very stiff. Both of which would hurt ride quality.
    I'm pretty sure Red Bulls floor and how they use the beam wings is the key.

Well... Ferrari just locked out the front row for 24h Le Mans so we can hopefully heal our broken hearts by the end of a weekend.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Well... Ferrari just locked out the front row for 24h Le Mans so we can hopefully heal our broken hearts by the end of a weekend.
    I understand that Fred Vasseur was there for quali, maybe some AF Corse magic could be transferred to the F1 team. Wishing the 499Ps and their drivers all the best, Forza ragazzi!

Ferrari F1 needs two drivers scoring points!

Spain update on Leclerc's car:

No physical, mechanical or electrical malfunctions were found on Leclerc's car.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

wow, i thought FOR SURE there'd be something wrong with that car the way he was describing what it was doing when driving it....and how inconsitant it was

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

https://twitter.com/formularacers_/s...4s5VGoG1VP1W2w

Set up issue. Aka - sabotaging your #1 faster driver to make sure your biggest financial sponsor is happy with their mediocre spicey boy. Spanish driver, Spanish sponsor, Spanish race….wonderful story for the headlines. Too bad the car and driver weren’t up to the task.

I thought this Saniz business would have stopped when Fred came in. I guess the upper brass are Ferrari’s worst enemy.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Quote Originally Posted by ferrari1.8t View Post
    https://twitter.com/formularacers_/s...4s5VGoG1VP1W2w

Set up issue. Aka - sabotaging your #1 faster driver to make sure your biggest financial sponsor is happy with their mediocre spicey boy. Spanish driver, Spanish sponsor, Spanish race….wonderful story for the headlines. Too bad the car and driver weren’t up to the task.

I thought this Saniz business would have stopped when Fred came in. I guess the upper brass are Ferrari’s worst enemy.
    Or Charles had a terrible weekend and is maybe not the saviour many seem to think?
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Or Charles had a terrible weekend and is maybe not the saviour many seem to think?
    maybe, but somehow i highly doubt it

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    maybe, but somehow i highly doubt it
    More believable than the team sabotaging him for a sponsor though.
    Forza Ferrari

More believable than the team sabotaging him for a sponsor though.
    you're right on that front as well, but YA never know with our beloved team these days.....

Hard to be a saviour when the team is actively working against you. It can’t be continual incompetence from the strategy and pit wall, can it?
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Hard to be a saviour when the team is actively working against you. It can’t be continual incompetence from the strategy and pit wall, can it?
    So his whole side of the garage are in on the Santander deal to sabotage Charles? If Sainz had the weekend Charles did in Spain you would off course not be blaming the team. Drivers can have a poor weekend it happens.
    Forza Ferrari

So his whole side of the garage are in on the Santander deal to sabotage Charles? If Sainz had the weekend Charles did in Spain you would off course not be blaming the team. Drivers can have a poor weekend it happens.
    Are you disregarding all of the races last year that Charles was screwed over by the team?

I give Charles the benefit of doubt because he has proven his skill and worth, especially in qualifying. Does that mean he can’t make mistakes? Of course not. But history tells me he has been on the wrong side of his teams mistakes.
    ~FORZA FERRARI~

Are you disregarding all of the races last year that Charles was screwed over by the team?

I give Charles the benefit of doubt because he has proven his skill and worth, especially in qualifying. Does that mean he can’t make mistakes? Of course not. But history tells me he has been on the wrong side of his teams mistakes.
    So a couple of calls did not work out for Charles means his whole garage is against him, bit of a leap.
    Forza Ferrari

Ferrari still get punished by FIA for 2019 engine and not allowed to outperform the British teams.Maybe they must leave F1 they dont need them after all.

Imagine Russell and Carlos driving for Ferrari!