Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Canadian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Exactly my point. He did not have any disadvantage against others.
    I think he is having the Ferrari fever.

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    Yes, we should fire them both and hire the new best flavor of the month. Because the problem is not the car at all.

Who do you believe would want to join Ferrari, with the team in the current state ?
    You misunderstood me... I'm not saying the car is not the problem. I'm saying there is problem EVERYWHERE in this team. Factory, leadership, strategy team, engineers, drivers... nothing is top notch. After all these structural changes in last 15 years one would think we would manage to build at least one strong point. But I can't see one.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I didint managed to watch qualy, but now i see that it is the drivers the problem now ?????!!!
    I see people saying that if we had Alo or even Hul we would be much better???!!! From 1 result ??? What ALo did with last years Alpine ?? Why some make assumptions from 1-2 results and forget others??!! Its like you telling me that Maldonado who took that pole -win in Spanish GP 2012 , is top notch driver because he managed to win Alo- Ham- Vet etc !!!
    In these conditions ,enery meter of the track could change per second and make the difference for better or worse. The car ,if its perfectly set up for these conditions and can trust it 100% ,can make huge difference.
    ANd in the end its not like we are fitting for the win and we missed the opportunity,IF the car is good -goodish tomorrow, Lec can still earn a lot of places since we seemed to have good top speed. And this could be good for better understanding the car and might evolve it better in the the next races.Now , where we stand , its just to set the foundations for next year and nothing more. IF again tommorow we are as bad as Spain, well what we are talilng about?Everything is ruined!!
    But to come to a point to criticize Lec like he is the one to be blamed for the results and the teams picture on track ,i really dont get it !!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

You misunderstood me... I'm not saying the car is not the problem. I'm saying there is problem EVERYWHERE in this team. Factory, leadership, strategy team, engineers, drivers... nothing is top notch. After all these structural changes in last 15 years one would think we would manage to build at least one strong point. But I can't see one.
    I understand the frustration, but at the moment I am pretty sure the least part of our problems are the drivers, I still think we have the best duo in the grid as a combo, maybe not the best individually but as a pair of not the best pair one of the best.
    I believe some frustration is starting to take over and mistakes are happening.

Remember that a few years ago, people jumped on the now amazing Alonso cause he lost the championship by no being able to pass Petrov on the last race.

I also don’t see a quick fix for the team and if I had one I would be a millionaire

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    So you are saying Carlos is better than Charles in this conditions? Which doesn't look good on Charles now, does it, since Carlos is not a champions class driver.
    Where did I say that? The team screwed up once more and then in this weather you can end up anywhere. Has nothing to do with Charles being the faster driver because that is simply a fact. And again they ignored his input and went the wrong way.
    And that being ignored is something Charles himself has to change. He should have been harder and demanded slicks when they were needed.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    Where did I say that? The team screwed up once more and then in this weather you can end up anywhere. Has nothing to do with Charles being the faster driver because that is simply a fact. And again they ignored his input and went the wrong way.
    And that being ignored is something Charles himself has to change. He should have been harder and demanded slicks when they were needed.
    Even when being ignored he then had exactly the same time on the soft tyres as everyone else but Albon! They all managed to improve. He did not. Or should Charles have 10 more laps by default to prepare his tyres?

People who say that Max is a monster in track muse to say it for Ham 4-5 years ago . WHEN you have a car that you car trust ,when it does whatever you want, yeh you can drive like that .
    We all saw what Lec did in the 1st part last year and everybady said what a great driver he is. And now we are saying that he isnt just from 1-2 results and you compare him with Max and Alo like thay have the same car ???!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Even when being ignored he then had exactly the same time on the soft tyres as everyone else but Albon! They all managed to improve. He did not. Or should Charles have 10 more laps by default to prepare his tyres?
    Is it because we had lower dnf set -up ???!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Leclerc: "What I will say to the team will be between the team and me. But if we don't change things and improve, we will only continue to be disappointed".
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    Did Carlos have so much different setup? Because... you know... he managed.

Pretty sure Carlos will end up behind him after his penalty. So on Q3 using you point of view Carlos also failed when others managed ?

Pretty sure Carlos will end up behind him after his penalty. So on Q3 using you point of view Carlos also failed when others managed ?
    Ultimately yes, he was terrible in traffic. But I was reaction on the point of us having low DF setup and it being the reason why Charles did not heat up the tyres. Which makes no sense as Carlos managed to heat them up and got himself to Q3 having the same time on the tyres as Charles.

Ultimately yes, he was terrible in traffic. But I was reaction on the point of us having low DF setup and it being the reason why Charles did not heat up the tyres. Which makes no sense as Carlos managed to heat them up and got himself to Q3 having the same time on the tyres as Charles.
    I am pretty sure Charles is very, very frustrated, and I thing that is one of his weakness, when he is frustrated he under performs. He needs to overcome this issue.

As said in these conditions EVERYTHING plays a part ,and can cost you tenths or even seconds!!!
    You dont "read" a result like this and make conclusions about some drivers abilities!! Its lie to say that Hul is WAY batter driver from Alo -Ham because with a clearly far worst car ,he finished ahead of them !!!
    So now we are saying that Sainz is better driver then Lec ??? From the past 2.5years they are together you come to this conclusion.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I am pretty sure Charles is very, very frustrated, and I thing that is one of his weakness, when he is frustrated he under performs. He needs to overcome this issue.
    He has the money, he should pay for a better psychologist if has issues.

I think Charles is done with ferrari.

As said in these conditions EVERYTHING plays a part ,and can cost you tenths or even seconds!!!
    You dont "read" a result like this and make conclusions about some drivers abilities!! Its lie to say that Hul is WAY batter driver from Alo -Ham because with a clearly far worst car ,he finished ahead of them !!!
    So now we are saying that Sainz is better driver then Lec ??? From the past 2.5years they are together you come to this conclusion.
    Ehm... did you see last races? Charles was nowhere compared to Carlos. I'm sorry but he is not clearly that great as we thought he is. Or maybe he is but only when all is going well. But that's a problem he then has to solve.

Ehm... did you see last races? Charles was nowhere compared to Carlos. I'm sorry but he is not clearly that great as we thought he is. Or maybe he is but only when all is going well. But that's a problem he then has to solve.
    They clearly should hire you as driver, engineer, team manager and CEO, since you seem to have all the answers for everything.

They clearly should hire you as driver, engineer, team manager and CEO, since you seem to have all the answers for everything.
    Well I'm sure I would do a better job than Xavi at least... Actually I've just submited a job application.

When you say last races you mean Spain ??? Because from the start of the year i didnt see Sainz doing better then him . You are one of a lot of people that you only see results and make conclusions out of them.Like some have told me that Sainz was better then Lec in 2021 simply bacause he ended in front of him In the standings .Well i DONT. . I try to watch the big picture,And watching Lec from f2 till now i have seeing things that makes me say that HE IS one of the best and Sainz is nowhere near him !!! Now is he underperform some times ?? YES !! But again is see that its 90% teams fault mostly . And thats has to do not only for the car that they give to him , but to how they treat him . You watch Ham in Merc and Max in RedBull and its like they own the team. They do whayever they want. They dot have to deal with inside the team politics - psychology etc . They demand the best car they can give them and they olny concern about their driving,I don't see Lec having that in Ferrari . Tell me when Max -Ham- Alo had to "fight" with their own team and still perform in their best ??!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Well I'm sure I would do a better job than Xavi at least... Actually I've just submited a job application.
    I hope you get the job, Ferrari will be WDC for sure

And yes I should not have said Xavi was a tool. In indsight and although I might disagree with his decision it was probably the best and safest option.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    But I'd say Max is better than Alonso in his prime. He drivers like a machine, not a human. His car control is on another level.
    yeah but so did Vettel when he drove the Newey rocket. Even in wet conditions.

If you have aero-dominant regulation changes, Newey will probably get it right, and if he does, with the right driver, it will look unstoppable. Doesn't mean the driver is responsible though, I would not be anywhere on my quick list, even of this last 15 years.
    Last edited by Cavallino; 17th June 2023 at 23:00.

that's what i was thinking, and the setup is probably different between Carlos and Charles, which makes sense, and is actually good strategy.

Grid Penalty for Carlos confirmed, starts p11

Grid Penalty for Carlos confirmed, starts p11
    Fred is happy with P10 & P11.

If our race pace is true & top speed, it’s easy to clear few cars which are ahead. Then come Alonso/Ham/Russell.

Stroll, Tsunoda and Hulkenberg get a 3 place grid penalty as well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Fred is happy with P10 & P11.

If our race pace is true & top speed, it’s easy to clear few cars which are ahead. Then come Alonso/Ham/Russell.
    yeah, qualifying and track position don't really matter in the DRS era.

I'm wondering if we've sacrifieced some ability to bring the tyres to temperature in qualy for less degredation and better race pace.

So 10 and 11th what can possibly go wrong? I know both cars collide into each other and take each other out now that would be the icing on the cake.The end of a fragile driver pairing,the kitchen will no longer support two chefs one will ultimately be leaving g the circus.