Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Canadian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Our bad qualifying meant we were forced to do 1-stopeer, which was slower than the faster 2-stops. But the fact that this car was able to do 1-stop was quite positive.
    Lets just hope this is not related to circuit and we have a fix on our hands.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Albon DoD?
    It’s obvious …!! We need to get some tyre strategy team from Williams. Off late They are managing the tyres superb.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    I don’t think this is a high deg track…!!
    2 stopper being the optimal strategy, even after a SC, confirms to be that degradation was medium. So, I can confidently say that we have made a step forward with our race pace.

I was dreading this race after Qually but you know, I think that was quite promising!

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Fred said from Spain we will see upgrades almost at every race. Turn in Canada they’re nothing.

I was expecting rear suspension upgrade. Seems like it won’t happen this year. Look at Merc they almost got B-spec car with in this budget era. Ferrari aren’t able to replicate that due to incompetent technical team.

It's not track related. Otherwise we would've had a good race in Bahrain as well. Bahrain and Canada are two of the most rear limited tracks on the calendar.

OKish race for us. Not faster then AM and Merc but we no problems wth the tires (both compounds) and very good tire management on the madium.
    Now , this is track related?? Bacause they said that this track should suite us .
    Hopefully we've found the right direction with the set up and now we can upgrade the car (this was FV statement )
    Dont put my hopes up , but at least i wll go to sleep relaxed( not happy)
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

2 stopper being the optimal strategy, even after a SC, confirms to be that degradation was medium. So, I can confidently say that we have made a step forward with our race pace.
    I’ll reserve my judgement for 1-2 races more. If ferrari solved their race pace that’s good, they can concentrate on performance in next phase. But yeah let’s see.

39 laps on the mediums, which is the C4 tyres, was unthinkable before today's race. The fact that they had the pace to clear the midfield after the SC with worn out tyres and able to stay close to the top 3 speaks volume of the improvment.

I’ll reserve my judgement for 1-2 races more. If ferrari solved their race pace that’s good, they can concentrate on performance in next phase. But yeah let’s see.
    +1
    It's not how start but how you finish.

RB have won 18 out of last 19 races. It’s RB-Max era till 2025. Just like RB-Vettel era till 2013.

Fred said from Spain we will see upgrades almost at every race. Turn in Canada they’re nothing.

I was expecting rear suspension upgrade. Seems like it won’t happen this year. Look at Merc they almost got B-spec car with in this budget era. Ferrari aren’t able to replicate that due to incompetent technical team.
    I read some where a Vasseur comment on a similar question ,and he said that 1st we have to find a solid base (set-up) of this new upgrade and then put more new things on it . Hopefully this is true and now we actually have found a solid set-up. So Let see if we have more new things in the next races!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

RB have won 18 out of last 19 races. It’s RB-Max era till 2025. Just like RB-Vettel era till 2013.

Are we gonna experience similar domination ????!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    I read some where a Vasseur comment on a similar question ,and he said that 1st we have to find a solid base (set-up) of this new upgrade and then put more new things on it . Hopefully this is true and now we actually have found a solid set-up. So Let see if we have more new things in the next races!!
    Just hope that everything is going well now
    Look like a dream team is coming

Imo butget cap is

How do you even know if other departmants of Mercedes Factory running ideas on the super computers. I mean even wind tunnels ? How do FIA makes sure that teams doesnt using external sources

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post

Are we gonna experience similar domination ????!!!!!!!
    Liberty would definitely do something to bring their boy (Hamilton) to fight Max again

Sky Germany said that from their Ferrari sources, the recent tyre test was very helpful for Ferrari. They said that they learned a lot.

Imo butget cap is bllshit.

How do you even know if other departmants of Mercedes Factory running ideas on the super computers. I mean even wind tunnels ? How do FIA makes sure that teams doesnt using external sources
    Also i prefer the idea that car can be developed in many ways rather than just one model succeed like Red Bull domination in early 2010s and now . FIA just ban and restriction too much !

Sky Germany said that from their Ferrari sources, the recent tyre test was very helpful for Ferrari. They said that they learned a lot.
    Should never have been agreed to in season on track testing ban. That decision was a massive own goal for Ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Also i prefer the idea that car can be developed in many ways rather than just one model succeed like Red Bull domination in early 2010s and now . FIA just ban and restriction too much !
    I mean $145.000.000 is a joke. Crypto whales earning/losing that money in a month. even a penthouse in los angeles may worth more than 145 million..

Should never have been agreed to in season on track testing ban. That decision was a massive own goal for Ferrari.
    Ferrari did many self goals … in testing ban was one of them. Now they need strong heads who can take FIA politically. It should happen ASAP.

Helmut Marko said they had some tyre temperature issues and if Ferrari would have started at the front, it would have been closer.
    Marko says that Ferrari was good on both medium and hard tyres.

Ferrari did many self goals … in testing ban was one of them. Now they need strong heads who can take FIA politically. It should happen ASAP.
    Yeah especially when our engineers don't have good experiences with simulations

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    typical Scuderia moves . If it was AFCorse they would doing this...
    Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    Why did we not pit ?? Either our tire wear is amazing or we just threw away the race
    Quote Originally Posted by DJTaurus View Post
    Why we didn’t pit ?????
    Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    OK. wrong decision. At least they should have stop one car!
    Came here to find all the armchair strategists that got it wrong again. Surprised to not see Kyssykx here.

that was a great strategy call from Ferrari, took guts, and shows real improvement in race pace degradation and consistency. Something to build from. And no one is going to acknowledge it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    Came here to find all the armchair strategists that got it wrong again. Surprised to not see Kyssykx here.
    Hey I just had had some doubts, praised the strategy later as being an amazing one

Again great signs from this race, hopefully we have now a good basis to improve

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    Again great signs from this race, hopefully we have now a good basis to improve

no worries, this was more so geared at those who were around yesterday screaming

yes, this was encouraging, now we need a suspension update to bring us some performance!

performance makes strategy irrelevant

Like when Mercedes did the secret tire test. I guess they learned how to set up the car not to overheat the tires. I hope they learned even more after this solid race.

It's a good step and maybe with the next upgrade it will be even better.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post
    Like when Mercedes did the secret tire test. I guess they learned how to set up the car not to overheat the tires. I hope they learned even more after this solid race.

It's a good step and maybe with the next upgrade it will be even better.
    yeah, that secret tyre test went a long way for Merc from what i've read, people want to act like it's no big deal, but when on track time is so limited, it's HUGE.

only, what Ferrari did wasn't illegal. so no comparison.