Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Austrian Grand Prix - Practice, Qualifying, Sprint Shootout & Sprint Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    0,5 sec slower
    CL even slower on new soft

I really don’t care about qualifying… as long as we qualify in the first 6… hopefully we have a better race setup than a qually one

Where that pace from yesterday vanished?!

That was a strange sprint shootout. Car seems to have lost pace in this cool green condition.

Colder

Quote Originally Posted by drax View Post
    I really don’t care about qualifying… as long as we qualify in the first 6… hopefully we have a better race setup than a qually one
    Qualifying is already done. This is for the sprint race grid.

Tyres are cooked

Changing condition and we can't setup the car due to Parc Ferme
    Look like a dream team is coming

SPRINT SHOOTOUT

I don't even understand our pace lol
    One day it looked neck to neck against Max-RBR, the next day it's on the same tier as Haas + Alpine

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    I don't even understand our pace lol
    One day it looked neck to neck against Max-RBR, the next day it's on the same tier as Haas + Alpine
    The track condition is not the same as yesterday. It was a bit more wet

I guess the car is no longer heating up the tyres as it used to do. Maybe this is why our race pace has improved, slow temp buildup and not cooking up the tyres in the process.

I'd say it's a much more preferable compromise. I will take race pace over qualifying pace everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I guess the car is no longer heating up the tyres as it used to do. Maybe this is why our race pace has improved, slow temp buildup and cooking up the tyres in the process.

I'd say it's a much more preferable compromise. I will take race pace over qualifying pace everyday.
    Atleast we are still currently better than AM & Merc , they seems struggling more than us

So Ferrari has saved four sets of new mediums for Charles and three for Carlos. I expect them to start the sprint on the mediums.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Atleast we are still currently better than AM & Merc , they seems struggling more than us
    True. But tbh, we always were faster than both AM and Merc on ultimate pace. It's the tyre wear that was hindering us and made us lose positions to AM and Merc.

It's insane how the RB works in any conditions. Most other teams need to nail the setup and when the temps change, the car is not working right, while that RB just goes no matter what. I guess it would be fast even in the snow... It can't be just a floor. They have to have something clever in their car.

We were at least in Q3, so good job considering... Mercedes. Mclaren upgrade seem to work beautifully for them though. We may have another top team back to fight with!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

I wouldn't read too much Into that performance. There is some unnecessary over reaction on twitter (as always) but I'd say Red Bull benefited from having two new softs and just the ability to be strong in variable conditions.

Anyone know how the weather for later and tomorrow is? Hopefully more like yesterday

Another deadly accident at Spa. Almost same kind of crash like back in 2019. RIP

From the video i have watched , cars keep spinning one and after but no one seems to give a ****** about it and going full throttle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It's insane how the RB works in any conditions. Most other teams need to nail the setup and when the temps change, the car is not working right, while that RB just goes no matter what. I guess it would be fast even in the snow... It can't be just a floor. They have to have something clever in their car.

We were at least in Q3, so good job considering... Mercedes. Mclaren upgrade seem to work beautifully for them though. We may have another top team back to fight with!
    RB never had any issues with tyres from the past. It was only engine that is not giving them the wins.
    Now that they have Honda at full potential they are winning. Similar to Renault-RB era.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Another deadly accident at Spa. Almost same kind of crash like back in 2019. RIP

From the video i have watched , cars keep spinning one and after but no one seems to give a ****** about it and going full throttle.
    Antoine Huberts(RIP) incident happened at the end of Radillon(Spa).

Dilano Van'T Hoffs incident happened on the Kemmel Straight. Looking at the video, it appears Dilano was t-boned(hit hard) and unfortunately he didn't survive the hit. Due to inclement weather and spray, it looks like to be a result of this unfortunate incident. May he rest in peace.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

3 place penalty for Leclerc.

It was said Team didn’t communicate to him properly. Great team in that pit wall.

3 place grid penalty for coming into the pits lol

Sorry but the stewards/race directors are pathetic.

Come on FIA , why always aiming at Ferrari ?
    Last edited by Aviamata; 1st July 2023 at 13:38.

FIA is pathetic, Leclerc is entering PIT. Where does FIA want leclerc to be? In to the gravel?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post

Mclaren & Haas can’t stay in that position for long. Lando Norris pulling out one lap wonders, as the same with Hulk.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    3 place penalty for Leclerc.

It was said Team didn’t communicate to him properly. Great team in that pit wall.
    All I have to say is this: Meh.

The push has to come from either Fred or Charles. Xavi Marcos has proven time and time again that he's incompetent. But if Charles/Ferrari is content with Xavi's incompetence, then so be it. Keep on getting those grid penalties.

I pretty much always mute Charles's onbaord because Xavi's communication with Charles is obnoxious. "Driver X behind 8 seconds, Driver Y is behind of Driver X by 3 seconds, after that a clear track and the gap to Driver Z is 10 seconds etc etc"...

Just say that Driver X/Y/Z is on hot lap and please stay away from the racing line, something that Max's race engineer does every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Come one FIA , why always aiming at Ferrari ?
    Have you heard anyone from Ferrari protesting FIA's decision during the race? Here's the answer: no, you haven't.
    We have 7 people on the pitwall, but I have no idea what they actually do.

Also take Makies for an example. Guy will be leaving after this year but he's still on the pitwall. He shouldn't be anywhere near the pitwall or the team.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I pretty much always mute Charles's onbaord because Xavi's communication with Charles is obnoxious. "Driver X behind 8 seconds, Driver Y is behind of Driver X by 3 seconds, after that a clear track and the gap to Driver Z is 10 seconds etc etc"...

Just say that Driver X/Y/Z is on hot lap and please stay away from the racing line, something that Max's race engineer does every time.
    What’s surprising is after so many mistakes from his race engineer, he’s still allowed to keep his position.

No change is communication. Last time it was with Sainz & now it’s Leclerc. Not sure what the issue with Ferrari race engineers.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    What’s surprising is after so many mistakes from his race engineer, he’s still allowed to keep his position.

No change is communication. Last time it was with Sainz & now it’s Leclerc. Not sure what the issue with Ferrari race engineers.
    Give me the AF Corse guys any day! The contrast between those race engineers and The SF is night and day.