Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Austrian Grand Prix - Practice, Qualifying, Sprint Shootout & Sprint Race Thread

Hope that tommorow won't rain again
    Look like a dream team is coming

I think 2020 Sebastian held his ground well during wets. Just don't want CL to have a mental block with Ferrari the guy is too talented to be driving like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    George seems to always make good calls in this conditions. In Monaco he also made a gamble and gained positions.
    George/Max/Lewis/Carlos does have control over his race engineers at these situations. Except CL, who always listen to his team.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    The one weakness CL does have is Wet racing. He doesn’t know which line to take up & overtake in wet conditions. He was going outside/inside at wrong places. That’s the reason he couldn’t make up any places. Horrible driving.
    His wet weather performance is a mystery to me. The 2020 was an awful car yet he nearly finished P2 in Styria after overcoming more than minute deficit, he was the fastest man on that day. In 2021 Imola he also was running P2 in the wets. So it's not like he doesn't know how to drive in this conditions.

He was side-side Ocon in two different occasions but couldn't make the move stick. On the other hand Carlo had no problem overtaking Hulk who faster than Ocon. So I don't know what's going on with him.

CL needs to improve in Wet racing conditions. He got the pace in him, I don’t want seeing him struggle like this & be rated as good driver only in Dry conditions.

George/Max/Lewis/Carlos does have control over his race engineers at these situations. Except CL, who always listen to his team.
    Yeah , the penalty has some indirect consequence to the result today . Even if it was a dry race , our car is still hate DRS train anyway...

What’s the weather conditions tomorrow for race?

His wet weather performance is a mystery to me. The 2020 was an awful car yet he nearly finished P2 in Styria after overcoming more than minute deficit, he was the fastest man on that day. In 2021 Imola he also was running P2 in the wets. So it's not like he doesn't know how to drive in this conditions.

He was side-side Ocon in two different occasions but couldn't make the move stick. On the other hand Carlo had no problem overtaking Hulk who faster than Ocon. So I don't know what's going on with him.
    This must have something to do with the car maybe

So blame rests solely on him. Fact is, he should've started the race from P6 today. But I guess he is happy with Xavi's incompetence week after week.

It's not just the wet weather that makes Charles bad these days. Miami was not wet. Barcelona was not wet etc... he probably lost his mojo. He was electrifying at sthe start of 2022 season and even this year in Bahrain he was impressive... but then it's like he doesn't care.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    It's not just the wet weather that makes Charles bad these days. Miami was not wet. Barcelona was not wet etc... he probably lost his mojo. He was electrifying at sthe start of 2022 season and even this year in Bahrain he was impressive... but then it's like he doesn't care.
    He was very good yesterday but this year when in wet he can't even driving and in Miami we still have a bad car .

What’s the weather conditions tomorrow for race?
    Probably Dry. But even if it is wets, I wouldn't be too worried. The pace was there and this time Charles will start the race from P2.

Sublime yesterday and ridiculous today. Oh Charles what happened in such a short time? Rain today but that never caused him any trouble before.
    Carlos was the best of the rest....a very good drive.

Forza Jules

Obviously, how many times did the team let him down with strategy/Radio communication/Penalties not only this year.
    Yes he’s done mistakes, is our car fast? He’s driving beyond the limits. Remember 2020 & 2021? He dragged that car in quali.

I think you should be worried and what pace? Did you see the gap Hamilton pulled and why the hell were we on mediums?

Obviously, how many times did the team let him down with strategy/Radio communication/Penalties not only this year.
    Yes he’s done mistakes, is our car fast? He’s driving beyond the limits. Remember 2020 & 2021? He dragged that car in quali.
    Maybe he is waiting to have a championship contender car again . That would be our last chance to race with Charles

He was also P2 in Saudi but forced to start from P12 due to Ferrari's incompetence. Got taken out by Stroll in Australia. He was very good in Baku. But Spain and Miami was below average. Lost P3 in Monaco due another of Xavi's countless mistakes. Was solid in Canada during the race. Lost 3 place again today thanks to Xavi. Did an incredible quali yesterday.

So yeah lots of things have gone wrong for him this year. And we have to remember that Charles is still quite young, so all these things must be weighting heavy on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Msdiabl0 View Post
    I think you should be worried and what pace? Did you see the gap Hamilton pulled and why the hell were we on mediums?
    Extra new tire but yeah the condition is wet and couldn't understand why they choose medium

I'm pretty disappointed about CL.i had SO much faith in him , watching him from F3-F2 and his first 2-3 years in F1 ,he looked like the real deal. He looked like a super fast talent on par with Max - Ham and in 1 lap even faster.
    NOW from 2021 he's doing a lot mediocre- bad races!!!!!
    WHAT happened to him. Has the team destroyed his confidence??? It looks like the team had screwed him many times ,in a bad car or a bad call / strategy, and he over drive to find something extra. And on the way he has lost something that make him to thinking straight and driving really bad races!!!!!
    I think the only solution is the team to become more steady and give him a fast car so he can regain his confidence/ mentality!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Leclerc is no doubt a talent, but he's not the rock star some people make him out to be. He's not complete. We've seen him drive over his head time and again, and shows emotional issues behind the wheel when things are not going well.

I honestly think if you gave Leclerc a car equal in pace to Max right now, he'd win some races, but he wouldn't stand a chance against the latter in a WDC slug fest. Yes, I'm saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by RossTheBoss View Post
    Leclerc is no doubt a talent, but he's not the rock star some people make him out to be. He's not complete. We've seen him drive over his head time and again, and shows emotional issues behind the wheel when things are not going well.

I honestly think if you gave Leclerc a car equal in pace to Max right now, he'd win some races, but he wouldn't stand a chance against the latter in a WDC slug fest. Yes, I'm saying it.
    I agree with you . He is at the same lever with Max but if something bad happend to him , he couldn't recover and would lost a lot of points

Anyway, the focus should be on tomorrow. We will be starting the race from P2-P3, and it's imperative that the pitwall doesn't muck it up again.

But I'm sure Ferrari will find some creative ways to screw it up tomorrow.

Juan Montoya was great in pure speed and more than once was able to go wheel to wheel with Schumi. He was known for his single lap pace and ability to make spectacular passes.

He also made boneheaded mistakes, conserved his car poorly, and made bad strategy calls.

Sound familiar?

Then you're in for a rude awaking, I'm afraid. Charles will excel at RB. His pace is there and RB have competent people to take care of him and make his driving job easy.

Max wasn't beating the Mercedes before 2021. As soon as he got the car, he has transformed. Same thing with Charles last year. But Ferrari isn't RB. They have the best people in-house and know how to develop both the car and young drivers.

Juan Montoya was great in pure speed and more than once was able to go wheel to wheel with Schumi. He was known for his single lap pace and ability to make spectacular passes.

He also made boneheaded mistakes, conserved his car poorly, and made bad strategy calls.

Sound familiar?
    Yeah and that BMW engine also blow up so often like our car last year

Sound familiar?
    And Montoya would've been a WDC if he had the Ferrari team of 2000 era. Duh.

Raikkonen became a champion with Jean Todt's team, someone like Massa almost became a WDC with the same team as well. And someone like Alonso failed to win the WDC.

Then you're in for a rude awaking, I'm afraid. Charles will excel at RB. His pace is there and RB have competent people to take care of him and make his driving job easy.

Max wasn't beating the Mercedes before 2021. As soon as he got the car, he has transformed. Same thing with Charles last year. But Ferrari isn't RB. They have the best people in-house and know how to develop both the car and young drivers.
    Mate... Carlos has better pace in almost every race this year.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Bahrain 2022 familiar? Max got fastest car. What happ?
    Saudi? Late SC spoiled Lec’s win. First give the same car as RB, then will see who’s what.

I’m not denying max is super talented. But the one can make Max ordinary in equal machinery on the current grid is Alonso & Leclerc.

And Montoya would've been a WDC if he had the Ferrari team of 2000 era. Duh.

Raikkonen became a champion with Jean Todt's team, someone like Massa almost became a WDC with the same team as well. And someone like Alonso failed to win the WDC.
    Oh god , 2010 we have a good team and i feel so bad for Fernando . Just can't overtake that damn Renault on the last lap

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Yeah and that BMW engine also blow up so often like our car last year
    Well said.