Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Austrian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    My thoughts on this is ,AM found HUGE lap time from last year, McL found quite a bit in their updates. Can we found something extra??? I mean this 2 teams proved that you CAN find something really big even with in season updates. CAN WE ???!!!
    I think we need to redesign things like SIS and coolings so we can design much more effective sidepods and better air flow around the belly.

Imo we are limited on those due to stracture of the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    How many point left between us and Merc ?
    So after Speilberg 2023,

Mercedes – 178
    Aston Martin – 172
    Ferrari - 156
    It's not how start but how you finish.

P2 this year is now a realistic target.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    So after Speilberg 2023,

Mercedes – 178
    Aston Martin – 172
    Ferrari - 156
    I have feeling that AMR will slowly fall behind and we’ll be 2nd ahead of Mercedes by 40-50 points in the end

That was a great race today. It was the best we can expect at the moment however it was a pity about Sainz's penalty.
    Double podium would have been a great moral booster for the team.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    P2 this year is now a realistic target.
    P2 in WCC & P3 in WDC we should target for.

Leclerc (Ferrari): "In any case, it's still nice to get back on the podium after the last races which had been complicated. RB is still far away but we are working on it. We hope to be able to take advantage of the improvements made at Silverstone. "
    Are we anticipate further upgrades for Silverstone??!!
    Fred's tactic this year seems very agressive . Changing the whole car philosophy so...
    Look like a dream team is coming

Leclerc (Ferrari): "In any case, it's still nice to get back on the podium after the last races which had been complicated. RB is still far away but we are working on it. We hope to be able to take advantage of the improvements made at Silverstone. "
    Are we anticipate further upgrades for Silverstone??!!
    I don’t think so any upgrade is coming. Track specific set-up that’s it.

As per Fred’s comments after Spain, 1 more before summer break is expected. I guess Austria was the last.
    Probably after summer we might see few bits & pieces. Overall, focus is more towards 2024 car.

Charles Leclerc: it’s more on how i set-up the car, i like it very aggressive, faster with a lighter rear. i need to anticipate these conditions, my style is way too aggressive for them at the moment but every-time i work on something i know i can improve, i’m not worried!”

Fred Vasseur (Ferrari): "I'm happy with the race. We expect something better at Silverstone. I would say that qualifying and the race here went well, but there is always room for improvement , especially compared to Verstappen."

John Elkann (Ferrari President): "It is essential to see Ferrari progress: it is essential to look ahead, only then can we try to do even better in each race. We have seen that the team will one way and that's very important.
    You should never be demoralized by the performance of your opponents, on the contrary: those who succeed are an incentive to improve. This is the spirit that Ferrari has always had and continues to have ."

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    John Elkann (Ferrari President): "It is essential to see Ferrari progress: it is essential to look ahead, only then can we try to do even better in each race. We have seen that the team will one way and that's very important.
    You should never be demoralized by the performance of your opponents, on the contrary: those who succeed are an incentive to improve. This is the spirit that Ferrari has always had and continues to have ."
    I hope that Elkan this time is leaving Fred room to do his job

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/a...ults/10490676/

AM protesting results, prob want a penalty for someone or something.
    Forza Ferrari

So good to see the improvement in race pace even though we still have tyre deg issues. Charles finally gets another well-deserved podium and drove a solid race, Carlos had some feisty moments but the penalty was unfortunate. A good points haul for the team means we made inroads to Merc and AM, but Silverstone will give us a better idea as to what our progress has really been. Great result and for once not all doom and gloom.

Vasseur confirms "we will bring more updates to England"
    https://twitter.com/GiulyDuchessa/st...omuP45DLA&s=19
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

It sounds like ferrari are allowing Charles to have more input into the set up of his car. That is good news.

Forza Jules

on another note, was not good to see a Haas dnf'ing with a power unit failure....hopefully is nothing major and only related to the way they have packaged the unit
    it's always worrying me when i see a Ferrari powered car have issues....Haas and Alfa have had some issues related to their power units this season already
    Last edited by FerrariF60; 2nd July 2023 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    on another note, was not good to see a Haas dnf'ing with a power unit failure....hopefully is nothing major and only related to the way they have packaged the unit
    it's always worrying me when i see a Ferrari powered car have issues....Haas and Alfa have have some this season so far
    Maybe they have problem about cooling the engine

Great result t again he ferrari wheel is turning again in the right direction.The gap to redbull bull is closing in 5 sec only over race distance is nothing to rave about red bull will be concerned.Just think where the 5 sec was lost it begs belief.Future looking much brighter a real morale booster.Shame for sainz as double podium would have been super again the driver must harness his skills and emotions .Ferrari will be at the pointy end for the remainder of the season this is my belief.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Great result t again he ferrari wheel is turning again in the right direction.The gap to redbull bull is closing in 5 sec only over race distance is nothing to rave about red bull will be concerned.Just think where the 5 sec was lost it begs belief.Future looking much brighter a real morale booster.Shame for sainz as double podium would have been super again the driver must harness his skills and emotions .Ferrari will be at the pointy end for the remainder of the season this is my belief.
    Gap is way more than 5s, Max stopped a lap before the end to get the FL, it was more like 25 seconds.
    Forza Ferrari

Hopefully something that would "intimidate" RB.

According to Automoto, Pierre Waché will be followed by five technicians from Milton Keynes and will join Ferrari
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/fia-upholds-aston-martin-protest-f1-austrian-gp-results-set-to-change/10490799/

FIA upholds Aston Martin protest, F1 Austrian GP results set to change.

Alongside the Aston Martin protest, Ferrari is the only other team that has been summoned to the stewards and was represented by head of vehicle operation Diego Ioverno.

Forza Ferrari

Looks like Sainz given 10s pen, drops to 6th. What a joke.
    Forza Ferrari

This whole investigation after the race regarding time penalties and the FIA issuing said time penalties to various drivers is a complete farce!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    This whole investigation after the race regarding time penalties and the FIA issuing said time penalties to various drivers is a complete farce!!!
    F1 became a joke now….!!

F1 became a joke now….!!
    +1

https://www.automoto.it/formula1/f1-...are-wache.html

Horner denies it saying Pierre wache does have 3 year contract renewal with RB. Not sure which one is true.

Above article also says that John Elkan met with Christian Horner & Fred with Stefano Domnicelli as mediator on few important discussions

https://www.automoto.it/formula1/f1-...are-wache.html

Horner denies it saying Pierre wache does have 3 year contract renewal with RB. Not sure which one is true.

Above article also says that John Elkan met with Christian Horner & Fred with Stefano Domnicelli as mediator on few important discussions
    Yeh .a few weeks ago they where talking again about Wache and then they said he had refused. Now they mention him again. Vasseur has confirmed that we have finalized a deal with a senior figure, just that he will have to work for 2025 not before. Who know, we will find out sooner or later.
    For now let's see how we can evolve this car!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I read this on Twitter about Sainz track limits violations.
    so every single track limits notice sainz got were issued between 15:08 e le 15:25, aka when he was pushing uselessly like a madman to stay in DRS within leclerc.
    Don't know if it's true or some Lec fan nonsense!!
    If it's true ,we'll it proves again that Sainz 1st priority is to fight Lec . Even if today he drove and defend very well after he was on the back foot after the pit stop delay, although a was expecting from him a bit more after he past Norris on the last stint and not stick there and let Per catch him and eventually pass him. In the end I think that Sainz looked fast on the 1st stint due to Dr's and Lec not pushing like he'll ( tire management and knowing that it's Sainz behind and didint have to fight) after the 1st pit stop Lec was faster, but then Sainz had to fight for positions. But even when he managed to pass and was on free air he couldn't follow Lec rhythm.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!