Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: 2023 Austrian Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Looks like Sainz given 10s pen, drops to 6th. What a joke.
    They are calling fouls after the game now.

Bring on Silverstone expect an even faster ferrari.Dont care what max says about redbull and how they have ferrari covered,sounds like there is concern on the horizon .Max better get used to mirrors full of red because they are closing in.

Looks like Sainz given 10s pen, drops to 6th. What a joke.
    No way !
    Look like a dream team is coming

I wonder what kind of upgrades does Ferrari have planned for next GP. They brought floor and front wing. The rear wing is unloaded has it is and they they have too many. The side pods has been done.

With what they know now about the capriciousness of the SF-23 maybe suspension mod? I would be crazy if at Silverstone, we start breathing down Red Bull's neck.
    Last edited by TTRSMAD; 3rd July 2023 at 02:03.

Apparently Carlos really annoyed as he felt Charles was given priority in the race, not allowed to fight or pass him despite the DRS allowing him to look faster than he was, also the double stack pit stop under the SC favoured Charles, so Carlos is unhappy with the team for showing favouritism to Charles. He did keep Perez behind him which helped ensure Charles maintained P2, but Carlos is not impressed. As for the additional penalty for track limits after the race dropping him to 6th, that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Apparently Carlos really annoyed as he felt Charles was given priority in the race, not allowed to fight or pass him despite the DRS allowing him to look faster than he was, also the double stack pit stop under the SC favoured Charles, so Carlos is unhappy with the team for showing favouritism to Charles. He did keep Perez behind him which helped ensure Charles maintained P2, but Carlos is not impressed. As for the additional penalty for track limits after the race dropping him to 6th, that sucks.
    Did Ferrari ask Carlos to hold stations behind Charles? Double stacking would obviously favour driver in front. Carlos should've put a better qualifying lap or jump Charles during the race start before moaning

Really laughing on those who compared Hamilton with Schumacher. Hamilton can win 200 races but he will never be close to Michael. Slightest of things doesn't go in his favour and out comes his true colours, my god their team principal saying on radio "Car is bad, pls drive it"

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Really laughing on those who compared Hamilton with Schumacher. Hamilton can win 200 races but he will never be close to Michael. Slightest of things doesn't go in his favour and out comes his true colours, my god their team principal saying on radio "Car is bad, pls drive it"
    Yep, Hamilton was complaining to Bono about track limit penalties and the car's performance. Bono was being cordial on team radio regarding Hamiltons "issues" and that's when Toto chimed in 2x:

"Lewis, everyone is getting penalties!"

"Lewis, we know the car is bad, please drive it!"

We've never seen that from Toto to a 7x WDC title holder.

After Toto chimed in, Lewis didn't even utter a word for the remainder of the race. It was akin to saying to Lewis, "Please shut up already and just drive the car!"

Russell during the race........................nothing where Toto had to chime in about. Very interesting.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Rishu View Post
    Did Ferrari ask Carlos to hold stations behind Charles? Double stacking would obviously favour driver in front. Carlos should've put a better qualifying lap or jump Charles during the race start before moaning
    Told him not to attack yeah, DRS made him think he was quicker.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Yep, Hamilton was complaining to Bono about track limit penalties and the car's performance. Bono was being cordial on team radio regarding Hamiltons "issues" and that's when Toto chimed in 2x:

After Toto chimed in, Lewis didn't even utter a word for the remainder of the race. It was akin to saying to Lewis, "Please shut up already and just drive the car!"

Russell during the race........................nothing where Toto had to chime in about. Very interesting.
    Before the B&W flag, Hamilton was informed about the track limit warnings, and what did he say? Car just won't turn, I mean we can expect better adaptation from a multiple world champion. Like you said, Russel driving the same car, did manage to keep it clean and didn't complain

Agree, three DRS zones were probably bit of a smokescreen. While we can accept he was having a better weekend compared to Charles and I could understand his frustration, but Charles delivered when it mattered- Q3 final run

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post

Russel is for sure not Lewis' Rubens! Toto is no Todt ! Lewis has to win on his own driving, He needs the CAR ! 103 wins and should have been 8 WDCs. Masi was just too fast !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Russel is for sure not Lewis' Rubens! Toto is no Todt ! Lewis has to win on his own driving, He needs the CAR ! 103 wins and should have been 8 WDCs. Masi was just too fast !
    he will never, mark my words, NEVER win that 8th WDC.....bad enough he has 4 fake WDC's when he had absolutely no competition from his buttler Bottas teammate (2017-2020).....enough said

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    he will never, mark my words, NEVER win that 8th WDC.....bad enough he has 4 fake WDC's when he had absolutely no competition from his buttler Bottas teammate (2017-2020).....enough said
    Rubens Austria 2002 ! . Butler #1 !!! Schumy 3 yrs with home sweet home Merc Germany and zzzero wins .Todt ! where are you? Ok even with a few more Masi moves on him Lewis already is the G O A T ! Not just his Rubens giving no competition ; all the other drivers couldn't catch him either! A few more $40 million + years to come has to compensate for that 8th WDC taking so long! I wish Alonso back with Ferrari !

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Rubens Austria 2002 ! . Butler #1 !!! Schumy 3 yrs with home sweet home Merc Germany and zzzero wins .Todt ! where are you? Ok even with a few more Masi moves on him Lewis already is the G O A T ! Not just his Rubens giving no competition ; all the other drivers couldn't catch him either! A few more $40 million + years to come has to compensate for that 8th WDC taking so long! I wish Alonso back with Ferrari !
    dude, you must get it through your head....Mercedes is DONE....there's a new wolf in town called red bull....and hopefully Ferrari will join the party soon and fight for wins and hopefully WCC's

Merc has had it too easy Since 2014 ( of course with a head start on these current power units, that why all other engine manufactures were so behind in 2014) as well as with the help from the FIA, all others were not able to improve their power units for like couple of years due to FREEZE…and even when they were allowed they had to use certain number of tokes…..remember???

So yeah, Merc had it easy with a MONSTER of an engine all these years so they could thrown all kinds of dirty downforce on it and still get away and have a quick car.

Now that both Ferrari and Honda have caught them from behind, they’re having a hard time getting the aero just right to make them being quick….they don’t have a HUGE advantage in power unit to keep throwing “dirty downforce” on the car anymore….so they seem to be lost.

Again like I said, your IDOL Lewise will NEVER WIN ANOTHER WDC with Mercedes….so get that through your hard head, WILL YA?!?!?

i like Carlos, but this moaning the past two races has rubbed me the wrong way a little, mostly because in Spain he said "i have pace in hand"... finishes fifth.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    dude, you must get it through your head....Mercedes is DONE....there's a new wolf in town called red bull....and hopefully Ferrari will join the party soon and fight for wins and hopefully WCC's

Merc has had it too easy Since 2014 ( of course with a head start on these current power units, that why all other engine manufactures were so behind in 2014) as well as with the help from the FIA, all others were not able to improve their power units for like couple of years due to FREEZE…and even when they were allowed they had to use certain number of tokes…..remember???

So yeah, Merc had it easy with a MONSTER of an engine all these years so they could thrown all kinds of dirty downforce on it and still get away and have a quick car.

Now that both Ferrari and Honda have caught them from behind, they’re having a hard time getting the aero just right to make them being quick….they don’t have a HUGE advantage in power unit to keep throwing “dirty downforce” on the car anymore….so they seem to be lost.

Again like I said, your IDOL Lewise will NEVER WIN ANOTHER WDC with Mercedes….so get that through your hard head, WILL YA?!?!?
    New engine rules in 2026 and Red Bull have to build their own, so they may not be top dog for much longer. could be an opportunity for both Ferrari and Merc to be no 1 again.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    New engine rules in 2026 and Red Bull have to build their own, so they may not be top dog for much longer. could be an opportunity for both Ferrari and Merc to be no 1 again.
    Great post ! I hope your right.