Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2023 British Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    And people still saying that you can't make big gains with in season development!!!!
    McLaren with 1 big upgrade found 1s + from the beginning
    of the year, and Williams even more!!!!!
    Without Red Bull (this year) , F1 would be the best motorsport now !
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    If the long run pace from McLaren yesterday isn't a joke, then we will face a very big challenge tomorrow
    Nah, I don't think so. Friday long runs aren't actual race pace and never converts into actual race pace. And goal should be finishing P2 and P3 which can be achieved easily, excluding any ****ups from the pitwall but that's a tough ask.

Hopefully we sacrificed some one lap pace for better race pace

And people still saying that you can't make big gains with in season development!!!!
    People (even on this forum) said that the domination that Ferrari used to have in 2000s can not be replicated in modern F1. Yet we've seen Mercedes to dominate even longer and now Redbull is dominating again. Everything can be done, we just have to stop giving ourselves limits of what wa can achieve.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Mclaren was also P3 in Spain. The condition was similar yesterday and their car excels in this wet-drying condition.

I don't think it's that bad from us today. Think we will be quicker than McLaren in race pace. The threat will probably be Mercedes in the race.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    I don't think it's that bad from us today. Think we will be quicker than McLaren in race pace. The threat will probably be Mercedes in the race.
    I hope McLaren won't create a DRS train at the beginning of the race

Leclerc was pretty good on last sector at practices. He lost 0.3s for some reason. His FP3 S3 time is 23.984 (with 6 laps old softs) while he did 24.291 on Q3..

Well i dont think no one will challenge to Verstappen.

Hoping for podium(s)

Mclaren excels in 1Lap of late. They don’t stand a chance in Race tomorrow. You are so worried just for quali.

Charles didn’t had FP2 & FP3 limited. We couldn’t find the right set up probably.

Ferrari should have sent Charles & Sainz after mclaren. Charles Post radio said that Pole was up for grabs & improved in mixed conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Not with their straightline speed. What the timing didn't show today: the SF23 was a rocket in the high speed corners and on the straights. Especially with the DRS on. It was also very fast in slow speed corners.

Our car doesn't like this drying condition and refuse to heat up the front tyres. But still, Ferrari made a decent step forward, considering how awful we were in these similar conditions a few races ago.

If we jump 1mclaren at the start, then it will be easy to pass other car soon. Then settle down for P2 & P3. We need to manage tyres else Mercedes are up there behind us. Their race pace & tyre management is good over us.

Real test for ferrari tomorrow. If anything going by the improvement from last races, it should P2 & P3 for us else one should sacrifice for other driver podium.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Leclerc was pretty good on last sector at practices. He lost 0.3s for some reason. His FP3 S3 time is 23.984 (with 6 laps old softs) while he did 24.291 on Q3..

Hoping for podium(s)
    Well he was talking to Canal+ in French and he said he was pushing too much and went wide in turn 15, that's what ruined his sector 3.

Ferrari's pitwall is very good at making wrong decisions. When needed today is to go out early and put a lap time onboard, but instead they sit around in the garage or put wrong tyres. Both Charles and Carlos were lucky that Hamilton's spin and excursion to the gravel trap didn't cause any red flag, because Ham could've easily been stuck on the gravel trap and brought a world of pain upon us.

And during Q3, when the track was improving every minute, they were the fast to put down their final laps when it should've been the opposite.

This is getting quite tiring tbh, seeing all these silly mistakes in race after race.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Ferrari's pitwall is very good at making wrong decisions. When needed today is to go out early and put a lap time onboard, but instead they sit around in the garage or put wrong tyres. Both Charles and Carlos were lucky that Hamilton's spin and excursion to the gravel trap didn't cause any red flag, because Ham could've easily been stuck on the gravel trap and brought a world of pain upon us.

And during Q3, when the track was improving every minute, they were the fast to put down their final laps when it should've been the opposite.

This is getting quite tiring tbh, seeing all these silly mistakes in race after race.
    Fred has to do something about this...
    Last edited by Aviamata; 8th July 2023 at 15:51.

Yup 1st one was really horrible couldn’t have gone wrong either way.

Then come Q3, it’s really visible track is improving & sending ferrari out 1st don’t know what these guys are thinking. If not P1 we could have got P2 & P3 easily.

Fred have to do something about this...
    Hopefully he has what it takes to make some necessary changes on the pitwall. Surely these mistakes are frustrating him as well.

Not talking particularly about us against McL , but that they made huge gains in a few races and from being in the bottom of the grid,to fight for the top spots !!! AND they are building a very very good team on paper with the engineers they are hiring the last couple of years.
    We on the other hand ,this is the 1st time that a see 5he team reacting beautifully to turn a bad car around and actually bringing updates in almost every single race . This is the way to test the car and try and find solutions. Even if 5hey fail its still a test and learn not to take this direction in next years car. So finally the the attitude of the team and they work is there.Its just a matter of the "quality " of our engineers a d if they are capable of come up with a brilliant solution with the next car , now that they have all the data they need!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Yup 1st one was really horrible couldn’t have gone wrong either way.

Then come Q3, it’s really visible track is improving & sending ferrari out 1st don’t know what these guys are thinking. If not P1 we could have got P2 & P3 easily.
    I mean, it's quite basic. Go out first when the track condition is tottering between wet and dry, and go out last when the condition is dry and the track is improving minute by minute. We have 6 people on our pitwall and it's quite obnoxious that none of them is capable of reading the situation properly and maximizing our chances.

Seems like there was a mistake from Leclerc in S3, that’s what he meant pole is up for taking. He’s disappointed

Not talking particularly about us against McL , but that they made huge gains in a few races and from being in the bottom of the grid,to fight for the top spots !!! AND they are building a very very good team on paper with the engineers they are hiring the last couple of years.
    We on the other hand ,this is the 1st time that a see 5he team reacting beautifully to turn a bad car around and actually bringing updates in almost every single race . This is the way to test the car and try and find solutions. Even if 5hey fail its still a test and learn not to take this direction in next years car. So finally the the attitude of the team and they work is there.Its just a matter of the "quality " of our engineers a d if they are capable of come up with a brilliant solution with the next car , now that they have all the data they need!!!
    So this should be Fred's strategy. To changing the car agressively before summer break to find the best solution and then spending the rest of the season developing 2024 car

Not with their straightline speed. What the timing didn't show today: the SF23 was a rocket in the high speed corners and on the straights. Especially with the DRS on. It was also very fast in slow speed corners.

Our car doesn't like this drying condition and refuse to heat up the front tyres. But still, Ferrari made a decent step forward, considering how awful we were in these similar conditions a few races ago.
    yes that's what i noticed too, we were struggling mightily in these conditions because i think we sacrificed the ability to heat the tyres so well for one lap, for the improvement in tyre management for the race. Which is fine.

The conditions were also not quite as poor as the past wet/dry sessions, but i still saw some improvement, so I don't think we can be too disappointed with where we are after this session.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post

Hoping for podium(s)
    We were losing time in S3 in the whole Quali for some reason. Probably a setup change

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by samboozik View Post
    Well he was talking to Canal+ in French and he said he was pushing too much and went wide in turn 15, that's what ruined his sector 3.
    Well… Then we were very close to pole once again.

Doesnt really matter tho. We have the top speed to overtake Mclarens but we need keep up with the race pace

Can't say I'm too surprise with the results, given the conditions.
    In a dry, straightforward race, I'd expect both our drivers to fight for the podiums.

Perhaps our biggest threat would be Perez and maybe Merc.

Leclerc lost the front row due to a mistake at Stowe (turn 15)

His minimum cornering speed had a massive 20 km/h deficit��

In that section alone, he lost 3 tenths to #Verstappen

He would have finished 0.1s off the pole, getting the front row comfortably
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

SAI post-Q radio: "That's tight. **** it.
    I believe 110% that this was referring to Lec and that he ended up 0,008 behind him.
    I know that every drivers 1st goal is to bit his teammate ( since he is the only one that can have a direct comparison) but Sainz start to become really obsessed with it !!!!in the incident in Q2 , he 1st came out 1st from the pit when they have agreed Lec to go 1st because it was his turn, he ( Sainz) then moaned about it and then he passed Lec on the last turn !!!!!
    His actions are too selfish and acting above the team.
    I know believe that he is not good for the team.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I believe 110% that this was referring to Lec and that he ended up 0,008 behind him.
    I know that every drivers 1st goal is to bit his teammate ( since he is the only one that can have a direct comparison) but Sainz start to become really obsessed with it !!!!in the incident in Q2 , he 1st came out 1st from the pit when they have agreed Lec to go 1st because it was his turn, he ( Sainz) then moaned about it and then he passed Lec on the last turn !!!!!
    His actions are too selfish and acting above the team.
    I know believe that he is not good for the team.
    He will make a great Audi driver in future.

Quote Originally Posted by 330 p4 View Post
    He will make a great Audi driver in future.
    Great??!! Hasn't proved it to me yet. Good but not great. Bootas like.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Telemetry confirms that Leclerc lost 0.3 sec at stowe indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    That's the way I see it too, but Mclaren may have better tyre deg and Merc is definitely better on race pace, so Charles and Carlos will have their work cut out. Hope there's no more rain.