Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2023 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

Well, there's WEC at Monza with the 499P.

It's better than this clown show.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Well, there's WEC at Monza with the 499P.

It's better than this clown show.
    7.7 the gap now!

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I feel sorry for yiu Stefa....that’s Ferrari for ya, one step forward TWO steps backwards
    I know... I love going to F1 races, and this year is going to be easy, because I DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING FROM FERRARI!!!

I'd suggest everyone to stop listening to the Italian media. Nothing but sensationalist rubbish and clickbait "news".

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I'd suggest everyone to stop listening to the Italian media. Nothing but sensationalist rubbish and clickbait "news".
    It's the one thing they excel at though!

In Fp2 we were very fast in the S2 and S3. In Fp3 we were the fastest car in all the sectors. In Qualifying we were the fastest car in S1. In the race, we weren't the fastest car in any of the sectors. The problem isn't downforce. This car just turns into a different animal when its heavy with fuel, it turns from a Horse to a Donkey.
    this problem actually existed even when we were very good last year. Our advantage in the sectors where we were very good in qualifying was being lost against redbull in the race. but the other teams were so far away that it wasn't that big problem.

For example, I remember the 2022 Miami race. In the first sector, our qualy advantage of 0.3 seconds was completely lost in the race.

It is gotta be fundamental issue with the concept.

And I'm sure Fred is gonna blame the "setup" again and will spout the usual PR nonsense. But things are very bad and it is quite shocking how everything has turned out after we had a genuine top car last year.

And now the frigging Mclaren has leapfrogged us.

True but similar track to Spain but much better pace, caught out with strategy but very hard to read today, no glaring strateg error. Thing was Aston fallen away but McLaren came from knowhere to jump Ferrari and Merc. New tyre this weekend dont ware as fast and Ferrari alot softer on heating tyres up now. Seems to have conspired to now have opposite of start of year, just cannot heat tyres. Appears Ferrari could have done a soft to medium 1 stop today.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I do wonder if he is assertive enough in a team that is underperforming to the extent which Ferrari are. It seems to me we need a driver with a strong personality that could maybe get more out of the rest of the team.
    Clearly he is not, Let's hope he starts to change.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I do wonder if he is assertive enough in a team that is underperforming to the extent which Ferrari are. It seems to me we need a driver with a strong personality that could maybe get more out of the rest of the team.
    I don't think drivers with strong personality would excel at Ferrari. Ferrari runs on a high horse and thinks they are above of any criticism.Just look at Alonso and how Ferrari treated him when he wished for a better car on his birthday back in 2013.

Charles knows that very well.

I don't think drivers with strong personality would excel at Ferrari. Ferrari runs on a high horse and thinks they are above of any criticism.Just look at Alonso and how Ferrari treated him when he wished for a better car on his birthday back in 2013.

Yes indeed, the current makeup of the team wouldn't allow for such behaviour. Without the top down changes that quite clearly need to be made I don't think bringing in new engineers will alter things much.

They give us promising to follow the fight back in 2010 2017 2022 and then destroy it . This team is definitely careers destroyer , every talent after Schumacher humiliated at Ferrari . And finally nobody want to join the team anymore now !
    Look like a dream team is coming

Got to admin I was wrong. I thought we would be able to beat the McLarens, instead, both Mc and Merc finished ahead of us.
    I hope the cooler temps have something to do with this. Hard to believe McLaren could make such a huge leap

Anyway guys. If we manage to be this bad before the summer break i can’t imagine after it.

We always tend to drop even more after summer break… I’m already dead inside.

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Anyway guys. If we manage to be this bad before the summer break i can’t imagine after it.

We always tend to drop even more after summer break… I’m already dead inside.
    I don't want to watch the rest of the season anymore . Yes although i'm a die-hard fan but i can't stand it anymore , the feeling was just so bad that it affected my life

9 and 10. Wow.
    And on top of that, Carlos. What were you doing?
    Glad it will be monday tomorrow.
    You can run like the wind, but you'll never outrun the Prancing Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    I don't want to watch the rest of the season anymore . Yes although i'm a die-hard fan but i can't stand it anymore , the feeling was just so bad that it affected my life
    Exactly same feelings.

Just like 12 years ago when i first joined this forum.

Nothing has changed.

That was an embarrassing performance all round, no race pace from the start and stopping Charles too early was questionable at best, Carlos dropping like a stone with old hards, I wouldn't blame either driver for saying enough is enough and packing their bags. After the hope that were were improving, it seems that others are improving more quickly and have people on the pit-wall who are sensibly proactive. the drivers don't seem to have the fire in their bellies, either, although Charles did everything he could to try and pass Albon in a Williams at the end. DRS after the SC meant that any hope of improving our finishing positions was unlikely. and so it proved. Frustrated and disillusioned again, both the drivers and the tifosi.

Gap to RB - Quali & Race

Mclaren - 0.30 & 0.35
    Mercedes - 0.50 & 0.55
    Ferrari - 0.10 & 0.70 ( for leclerc )
    Aston - 0.90 & 0.90

This is grim

Meh.....
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Meh.....
    I assume you witnessed it in the flesh!?

I stopped watching not long after Leclerc pitted for hard tyres.

I would expect performance like this from a team new to F1 or new to racing overall. It's heartbreaking to see it from Ferrari. I still remember back in Alonso era, even though we never had the best car, there was a feeling we can somehow do it. We were going into races with expectations, my body was shaking with excitement, I believed. Now... I go into races with a fear of what will go wrong this time.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    I would expect performance like this from a team new to F1 or new to racing overall. It's heartbreaking to see it from Ferrari. I still remember back in Alonso era, even though we never had the best car, there was a feeling we can somehow do it. We were going into races with expectations, my body was shaking with excitement, I believed. Now... I go into races with a fear of what will go wrong this time.
    If I may, not with a fear of what will go wrong this time, but HOW BAD it is going to be!

Hopefully all the budget cap cheerleaders here are enjoying the retro vibe of getting whooped by McLaren and Williams like it's the 1990s Happy days for anyone who bothers to spend their summer weekends watching the red snail getting beat up on again, unable to spend their way out of this complete garbage pile. You see, giants over in the states like the Dallas Cowboys and certain hockey teams hardly ever win anything, but their owners make a lot of money by accepting spending constraints in exchange for being mediocre, just like Elkann does with the American lot that are burning F1 to the ground. A long and dark winter awaits Ferrari until someone with a spine shows up. Thankfully I gave it a miss on purpose today, knowing that any circuit with a remotely interesting layout will lead to Ferrari's tyres nearly delaminating witin 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Tifoso Svedese; 9th July 2023 at 18:50.

Su ms it up pretty much.The ferrari is pretty much a 3 meat and vegetable car.Soon as it's presented with challenging ingredients in different challenging circuits it all goes to ****.This is an employee problem ferrari do not have the personal to develop an all round challenger its as simple as that and attracting top flight employees is very difficult because the more ferrari flop the pressure at maranello only grows.So ask your self who would want to work there.? Its definitely not for the faint hearted .

CS says he was faster than Leclerc and could have finish in front of him if safety car was not deployed.

LOLOLOLOL

Get this man some help

Vasseur said we were faster than Norris today... what are they smoking? There is no chance in hell for us, we don't even accept our failure.

He also said that they decided yesterday to be a bit conservative with the tyres and pit stops because we didn't have data for Charles. Like... are we unable to watch the deg live during the race and react to that? This team is insane.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

How would you know unless you are tuned in to them! The clickbait has you hooked ! You can't stop listening it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Vasseur said we were faster than Norris today... what are they smoking? There is no chance in hell for us, we don't even accept our failure.

He also said that they decided yesterday to be a bit conservative with the tyres and pit stops because we didn't have data for Charles. Like... are we unable to watch the deg live during the race and react to that? This team is insane.
    He is defenitely the most optimistic man in the world. Always blame something instead of accepting defeat! His team is trash and he should do something about it instead of just mouthpiece