Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 2023 British Grand Prix - Race Thread

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    CS says he was faster than Leclerc and could have finish in front of him if safety car was not deployed.

LOLOLOLOL

Get this man some help
    Who has more points! . Charles needs lots more help so far. Even with Fred he's still behind Carlos. Points tell the tale.

It's the French connection.Ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by Brembo View Post
    Who has more points! . Charles needs lots more help so far. Even with Fred he's still behind Carlos. Points tell the tale.
    Let's just pretend the Bahrain engine failure and Jeddah grid's penalty for Leclerc didn't exist
    Typical Sainz's fanboyism results based analyst

Couldn't watch it live. Watched it as soon as i came home. Whoever came up with this strategy needs to be replaced. And apart from that. What about our upgrades? We couldn't match McLaren even at the start. Terribly disappointed by this race. How can we ever recover from such incompetence? I almost think they are fumbling on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by elnano14 View Post
    Let's just pretend the Bahrain engine failure and Jeddah grid's penalty for Leclerc didn't exist
    Typical Sainz's fanboyism results based analyst
    You are so right! Charles also has no luck. Except when it comes to salary!

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I assume you witnessed it in the flesh!?
    Sadly yes
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    Sadly yes
    And I'll be doing the same in two weeks time at Hungaroring

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    And I'll be doing the same in two weeks time at Hungaroring
    Stefa, I hope you won't have to witness such a pathetic showing from Ferrari (the team) at Budapest, but the likelihood of a replay is sadly very real. There is also some apparent friction between the garages in the pits, so they can't even work harmoniously together. My heart bleeds.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifoso Svedese View Post
    Hopefully all the budget cap cheerleaders here are enjoying the retro vibe of getting whooped by McLaren and Williams like it's the 1990s Happy days for anyone who bothers to spend their summer weekends watching the red snail getting beat up on again, unable to spend their way out of this complete garbage pile. You see, giants over in the states like the Dallas Cowboys and certain hockey teams hardly ever win anything, but their owners make a lot of money by accepting spending constraints in exchange for being mediocre, just like Elkann does with the American lot that are burning F1 to the ground. A long and dark winter awaits Ferrari until someone with a spine shows up. Thankfully I gave it a miss on purpose today, knowing that any circuit with a remotely interesting layout will lead to Ferrari's tyres nearly delaminating witin 30 minutes.
    It may be tough now, but this is actually beneficial for Ferrari. In the past they would have simply just thrown more money to fix the problem, this is forcing them to learn to do more with less. It will take some time for them to adapt to this enviornment as it's not been traditionally their way of working.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    It may be tough now, but this is actually beneficial for Ferrari. In the past they would have simply just thrown more money to fix the problem, this is forcing them to learn to do more with less. It will take some time for them to adapt to this enviornment as it's not been traditionally their way of working.
    Ferrari really misses the unlimited track running around Fiorano....that's what's been hurting them ever since 2009 when all that has been cut off

they seem to struggle with CFD and wind tunnel more then the likes of red bull and mercedes...

Back in the days of LDM he created a presence and everyone was on their toes when he was around. He would never have tolerated this state of affairs. Where is Elkan and does he show up at GPs or indeed at the factory?????

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    Ferrari really misses the unlimited track running around Fiorano....that's what's been hurting them ever since 2009 when all that has been cut off

they seem to struggle with CFD and wind tunnel more then the likes of red bull and mercedes...
    Yeah they missed these Fiorano running...
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Back in the days of LDM he created a presence and everyone was on their toes when he was around. He would never have tolerated this state of affairs. Where is Elkan and does he show up at GPs or indeed at the factory?????
    Elkan is busy with his business : to sell as much car as possible
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Kyss4k View Post
    Vasseur said we were faster than Norris today... what are they smoking? There is no chance in hell for us, we don't even accept our failure.

He also said that they decided yesterday to be a bit conservative with the tyres and pit stops because we didn't have data for Charles. Like... are we unable to watch the deg live during the race and react to that? This team is insane.
    I couldn't understand this either. Fred actually said tyre deg was less than expected, so why on earth did we pit early?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post
    How long do you reckon it will take them to learn?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Yes, Elkan shows up at races. Problem is, he just blends in with the clowns.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Alonsomaniac View Post
    9 and 10. Wow.
    And on top of that, Carlos. What were you doing?
    Glad it will be monday tomorrow.
    Carlos possibly having a contract held over his head. Charles has one gear and the frustration has gotten to him it seems. Shambles. We need this sorted at least.

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    Most likely tooting the horns even. Christ, what a mess.

Why can’t lessons be learned from the sports car racing division?

Quote Originally Posted by ntukza View Post
    I know it's not what we want, but I think it will be good for their industry. I'm not looking at this from an F1 perspective, this experience will help develop their automotive industry in general. From a business perspective, this approach (eg CFD vs track testing) would seem to maximize profits more so than throwing money a hundred different ways until something sticks.

Obviously, the problem would be rectified much faster if they poach high valued assets. I'm virtually certain the CFD isn't created in-house, so there is an issue somewhere along the way with data collection.
    Rest in Peace Leza, you were a true warrior...

Ferrari must listen carefully to everything Charles has to say during and after each practice. Both drivers need to start the races with the car @ 100%. Forget about Fred.