Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Hungarian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    We look goodish ,but McL being just 0.015 behind on a track that supposedly doesnt suits them !!!!?!! they must genuinely ungrade that car to an all around 2nd-3d car !!! And that from last-2nd to last !!!!! Most impressive!!!
    That too with low resources & within limited budget that’s impressive.

Ferrari doesn’t look good, I thought at this track they are favourites I mean they can challenge pole.

Looks like Mercs/Mclaren does have edge over us.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    That too with low resources & within limited budget that’s impressive.

Ferrari doesn’t look good, I thought at this track they are favourites I mean they can challenge pole.

Looks like Mercs/Mclaren does have edge over us.
    Pretty clear that this car has also lost its one lap pace. After Baku, Ferrari never looked like a car that can take pole.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Pretty clear that this car has also lost its one lap pace. After Baku, Ferrari never looked like a car that can take pole.
    Yup… agree. I am not sure what to predict here. SF-23 is unpredictable.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    This is not looking too positive for Ferrari, can't fathom out where our pace has gone and quali will be a bit of a mess, I fear.
    Sadly, if you begin with an - at best - average car then add remarkable technical and strategic inconsistency, you really are on a hiding to nothing.

I still firmly believe Ferrari's insistence, understandable as it is, on remaining 100% 'Italian' and based in Italy means they do not attract the very best talent.

Nobody sane would argue that the UK is not THE 'centre' of F1 for technology, design, research and personnel...
    Trying to be less angry..

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Singer View Post
    Sadly, if you begin with an - at best - average car then add remarkable technical and strategic inconsistency, you really are on a hiding to nothing.

I still firmly believe Ferrari's insistence, understandable as it is, on remaining 100% 'Italian' and based in Italy means they do not attract the very best talent.

Nobody sane would argue that the UK is not THE 'centre' of F1 for technology, design, research and personnel...
    In the days of the 'Dream Team' at Ferrari, outside of Brawn, the team were made up of mostly Italian and French nationals in the tech department.

I'm a broken record, but Ferrari's ace in the hole was having test tracks right outside their factory, and being able to immediately test what they had developed, and test, test, test, until it worked as intended. The UK teams and Newey couldn't compete with Ferrari's testing program. They'd either have to schedule a test at Silverstone days out, or fly out to Spain if the weather was bad in the UK. Ferrari could practice in the dark if they wanted.

The FIA banned in season testing to stop Ferrari, and it worked like a charm. It is Ferrari's responsibility to politically demand to be able to utilize their strength of real track testing, or withdraw from F1.

All one has to do see that Ferrari magic can still work when allowed to utilize testing is look at the LMH program.

Other manufactures have no problem throwing their weight around in F1. Red Bull got the rules altered by threatening to pull out of F1 if their needs weren't met. Ferrari are either too cowardly or too stupid to do the same.

Both did long runs today. Pace was Ok and the tyres didn't drop off, but the pace wasn't impressive. Nearly 0.4-0.6 sec slower than RB on average.

I don't think this team is capable of solving the race pace, certainly not for this year.
    I still think it’s suspension related that we cannot solve our race pace
    Maybe they’ll redesign the suspension for next year and fix the race pace problems we have once in for all

we are SO MISERABLE!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Where is our pace has gone ? because of hard tyre ?
    Look like a dream team is coming

And in a track that supposedly it suits us !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

And in a track that supposedly it suits us !!!!!
    No i think it's just the same as Silverstone !

Wow this car is still so freaking unpredictable !

Slower than Alfa now

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    No i think it's just the same as Silverstone !
    As a result yah, but as track characteristics,the team said that it will suit us !!!And we are 0.5s !!!! slower then McL who doesnt suit them !!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

As a result yah, but as track characteristics,the team said that it will suit us !!!And we are 0.5s !!!! slower then McL who doesnt suit them !!!!!
    That's why i don't take Fred's words

I really cant believe what McL have done !!!!! We are talking aboyt budget cup , in season limited wind tunnel time etc and they have found 2+ secons in 5 races !!!!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Sainz out. Might be marginal but slower than Alfa and Haas is unacceptable

I really cant believe what McL have done !!!!! We are talking aboyt budget cup , in season limited wind tunnel time etc and they have found 2+ secons in 5 races !!!!!!!!!
    That's what competent leadership does. And now Rob Marshall is joining them, Mclaren is on the rise.

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    ahhhh come on !

This is embarrassing

Charles P6 at best

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    What'd be excuses now I wonder. Wind? Tyres? Tarmac? Drivers?

Marc Gene was running his mouth before this weekend about our "improvements" and "we don't fear anyone". This team is full of clowns.

Mika mentioned couple of races ago before upgrade. Mclaren will soon compete with RB after the upgrade package. It turns out to be true. Big shout to Mclaren.

What'd be excuses now I wonder. Wind? Tyres? Tarmac? Drivers?

Marc Gene was running his mouth before this weekend about our "improvements" and "we don't fear anyone". This team is full of clowns.
    Incompetent.
    Fred mentioned these tyres are game changer & will suit Ferrari. It seems like they are in no man’s land.

what hope can you have with this team ??!!!! We are managing 1-2 goodish results in season and then we fail big time .And the team is allways full of excuses. And above all i really think that we dont have any chance in the future,bacause as a team we have change SO many people, procedures, TDs ,TPs , EVERYTHING and the result is the same. in the best 4-5 good results in thats it !!!! Its not that something went wrong and we can fix it .Its like EVERYTHING is wrong and whatever we change the outcome will be the same. Its like we are coursed!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

what hope can you have with this team ??!!!! We are managing 1-2 goodish results in season and then we fail big time .And the team is allways full of excuses. And above all i really think that we dont have any chance in the future,bacause as a team we have change SO many people, procedures, TDs ,TPs , EVERYTHING and the result is the same. in the best 4-5 good results in thats it !!!! Its not that something went wrong and we can fix it .Its like EVERYTHING is wrong and whatever we change the outcome will be the same. Its like we are coursed!!!!
    Consistency is the only thing that we lack since 2010 ...

5 tenths...Great improvements...

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Incompetent.
    Fred mentioned these tyres are game changer & will suit Ferrari. It seems like they are in no man’s land.
    Fred should shut his mouth and stop clowning around. You don't see Andrea Stella running his mouth to the media as often as Fred does.

Guy is steering a rudderless ship. Talking is not going to solve anything.

P6.....

Well done Charles. That was a great lap. With a great car it would've been a pole

Fred should shut his mouth and stop clowning around. You don't see Andrea Stella running his mouth to the media as often as Fred does.

Guy is steering a rudderless ship. Talking is not going to solve anything.
    After several begining rounds i'm no longer taking his words . He clearly making excuses

P6.....

Well done Charles. That was a great lap. With a great car it would've been a pole
    Till 2nd sector we were there. Last sector killed us.