Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Hungarian Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

So pecking order is
    RB/Mercs/Mclaren…. We will be fighting with Aston at max.

Officially we are 4th or 5th fastest team. Great effort.

Charles gave it his best. We have no strengths in general. At least in the past we were strong at some circuits or in quali. Now just average everywhere. Mission to mediocrity complete

In season development is hilarious, we have to be the worst on the grid

So the Alfas caught with us, Oh come on, watching this season is becoming harmful for me, everyone gets up the order and we slide down, it's unbelievable.

I've given up on assuming that we will one day return to the summit. The chopping and changing of TPs hasn't worked, there is clearly something fundamentally broken with the team. People can say it's a talent issue but we've had cars capable at the beginning of seasons in the past 5 years of challenging that have gone backwards during the season. That to me smacks of structural and leadership issues, now maybe Fred is trying to unwind some of that but who knows. If we win a world championship within the next 10 years I'll be surprised, I'm happy that in my lifetime I at least got to watch the schumi era and maybe thats all I'll get.

It’s confirmed SF-23 fundamentally pretty weak, no matter what upgrades you bring it hampers other areas.

Better to focus on 2026 as early as possible. I don’t have any hope for next two years.

Hats off to Mclaren superb effort from them. Everyone written them off.

i am with this team since 1995...and I still cant belive that everything we won that was in my first 12 years, and nothing after 2007 or last 16 years
    we were in hibernation during 2020/21 just for 4 wins during 2022.... something is totaly f.... inside this team

Lol Verstappens best sector times 0.236 faster than Hamilton’s Pole lap.

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    It’s confirmed SF-23 fundamentally pretty weak, no matter what upgrades you bring it hampers other areas.

Better to focus on 2026 as early as possible. I don’t have any hope for next two years.

Hats off to Mclaren superb effort from them. Everyone written them off.
    They can focus on 2050 but the story will remain the same. It's the same incompetent and average at best engineers who would design the car. The result will remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    They can focus on 2050 but the story will remain the same. It's the same incompetent and average at best engineers who would design the car. The result will remain the same.
    True that, they can focus as much as they want on next year, next decade, next century, it won't matter.
    How can Mclaren turn their season around and sadly not us? Because simply we don't have the personnel to do it.

I feel sorry for Stefa who is there witnessing this useless team we call Ferrari
    We will NEVER win another championship, not for at least another 30 years

There are far too many changes of personnel at Ferrari. No wonder they cannot build a strong car capable of competing with the front runners. I feel sorry for the drivers who must feel pretty demoralised. Having an alpha Romeo in front pretty much says it all. Must admit I was hoping for better as traditionally it was a Ferrari track.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by patrese86 View Post
    Charles gave it his best. We have no strengths in general. At least in the past we were strong at some circuits or in quali. Now just average everywhere. Mission to mediocrity complete

In season development is hilarious, we have to be the worst on the grid
    actually they popped a graphic onto the screen in FP2 that Ferrari outdeveloped Red Bull since the start of the season, guess you missed that.

But here's the thing, in a cost cap era, we need to learn to throw seasons away and tank it.

That's how it works in basketball, hockey, and football in the U.S. The team that tanks a season or two, gets the best players, and all of sudden they are unstoppable.

Trust the proces people.

We don't bring any big updates, we have know the car needs a fundamental redesign. In 2024, we can bring the true successor to the F1-75, and have a 5th place team in season development resources.

you guys saw how close the qualifying session was, and teams that made big leaps overnight, you're acting like we're a second off the pace. 2 tenths and we're gunning for pole.

or better yet, start chearing for Alfa

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    you guys saw how close the qualifying session was, and teams that made big leaps overnight, you're acting like we're a second off the pace. 2 tenths and we're gunning for pole.
    Even alpha, mclaren was .2 or .3ths off pole.

definitely cost cap bring teams closer and hurt Ferrari as well
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    actually they popped a graphic onto the screen in FP2 that Ferrari outdeveloped Red Bull since the start of the season, guess you missed that.

But here's the thing, in a cost cap era, we need to learn to throw seasons away and tank it.

That's how it works in basketball, hockey, and football in the U.S. The team that tanks a season or two, gets the best players, and all of sudden they are unstoppable.

Trust the proces people.

We don't bring any big updates, we have know the car needs a fundamental redesign. In 2024, we can bring the true successor to the F1-75, and have a 5th place team in season development resources.
    You should focus on the laptimes and ignore all those arbitrary graphs that you see on the screen. It's absolutely laughable to suggest that Ferrari has out developed RB.

And what process you are alluding people to trust. A process that would be initiated by the same group of people that haven't won anything meaningful in F1?

The Merc and Mclaren have leapfrogged the Ferrari. Forget RB, now we are busying looking behind and getting smacked by our customer team.

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    It seems like the team is under a lot of embargos and also suffer from the incompetence in various possitions

Why only ferrari? Mclaren showed how to make progress, Aston did that too for sometime, Mercs are always there.

Why it should hurt only ferrari?

Why only ferrari? Mclaren showed how to make progress, Aston did that too for sometime, Mercs are always there.

because Ferrari used to throw tons of money in the past to overcome the imcompetitive technical persons

So Ferrari can't win when the playing field is fair for all. Yeah, I agree with you. Those days of custom-made Bridgestones, millions of RND budget and unlimited testing have long gone. But even if the FIA brings back all those aforementioned things, Ferrari would still get beaten by the RB and Merc.

Leclerc and Hamilton’s delta was pretty much 0.000 until last 2 corners. Hamilton gaps us 0.3 sec. at 2 corners.

Because Ferrari is a spoiled rich kid who needs all the expensive and custom-made tools to perform well. But then you have even wealthier rich kids like RB and Merc, who are managing just fine and don't need spoon-fed by the governing body in order to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    5 tenths...Great improvements...
    now down to 5th fastest .And for a couple of thousands 6th !!!!!!!!
    GREAT WORK .
    we are steady improving.BACKWARDS!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JacKy View Post
    Leclerc and Hamilton’s delta was pretty much 0.000 until last 2 corners. Hamilton gaps us 0.3 sec. at 2 corners.
    Where did you see that. He was at least 2 tenths down unlit last 2 corners.

Well at least we got through Q1 which was a bonus, the rest of quali was always going to be difficult and unpredictable with the hard/medium/soft experiment for Q1/2/3. Trouble is it's a rubbish track for making up places and against a resurgent Mclaren and Merc, we look to be on the back foot again. Alfa and Haas are on our level with this format, what does that tell us?!

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    Well at least we got through Q1 which was a bonus, the rest of quali was always going to be difficult and unpredictable with the hard/medium/soft experiment for Q1/2/3. Trouble is it's a rubbish track for making up places and against a resurgent Mclaren and Merc, we look to be on the back foot again. Alfa and Haas are on our level with this format, what does that tell us?!
    The format of qualifying does not matter, the fact that our car is ****, when everyone on the softest tyre in Q3
    The SF-23 is slow, plain and simple

The season is really hard for us.
    I can t see any furure for Charles or Carlos in this team.I wont be surprised if Charles especially leaves the team after this season.
    The car is slow.No matter what upgrades we bring.We should abandon the project SF23...the car is a failure.

Quote Originally Posted by FerrariF60 View Post
    I feel sorry for Stefa who is there witnessing this useless team we call Ferrari
    We will NEVER win another championship, not for at least another 30 years
    This is embarassing... I am at that point that I don't even care... I can not... Amateurs...

Ok, so basically we sacrificed 2020 and 2021 so we can be outqualified by Alfa Romeo on merit. Well done McLaren, well done Hamilton. Hopefully we will see at least one world title for Ferrari in within the rest of our lifetimes.

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees