Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2023 Dutch Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

2023 Dutch Grand Prix - Practice & Qualifying Thread

FP1 is done and there's nothing to write about. The car looked okay from Charles's onbaord but Robert was complaining about loose rear end and his car did look quite tricky to drive.

But at the end of the day it will be another victory for Max, barring any reliability or mistakes from him.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    FP1 is done and there's nothing to write about. The car looked okay from Charles's onbaord but Robert was complaining about loose rear end and his car did look quite tricky to drive.

But at the end of the day it will be another victory for Max, barring any reliability or mistakes from him.
    Not a promising start with our ragazzi down at the back of field, but on mediums so maybe not as bad as it looks. We can but hope. Charles also has an ear infection but says it's not a big issue and is feeling OK.

How fast is the car today guys ?
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    How fast is the car today guys ?
    car's pretty crap, all over the place

So, last year here the car was an understeety mess. Charles was giving away 4-5 tenths to Max through turn 8,9 and 10 on every lap. But the F1-75 was the fastest car in the twisty sector 1 and equal to RB in the S3.

This year the car doesn't look that understeery. It looks quite good through the aforementioned corners. But it clearly doesn't have the same prowess of its predecessor in the sector 1 and in the last sector it is better, but marginally.

So it seems like Ferrari had developed two entirely different cars under the same rule set.

So the Ferrari tradition continues,
    We where bad in the 1st half,
    We will be worse in the 2nd.
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

I don't think we'll be P11 in qualifying. But I also don't think we can hope for anything better than P6, maximum.

Max will drive away into sunset and collect another winner's trophy. The battle of P2 to P5 will be between Perez, Mclaren and Mercedes. I think we can leapfrog either Russell or Piastri for P6 and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    I don't think we'll be P11 in qualifying. But I also don't think we can hope for anything better than P6, maximum.

Max will drive away into sunset and collect another winner's trophy. The battle of P2 to P5 will be between Perez, Mclaren and Mercedes. I think we can leapfrog either Russell or Piastri for P6 and that's about it.
    What about AM and Alonso ? What do you think about their pace here ?

Worse than expected
    Look like a dream team is coming

Che serra serra what will be will be. Except the season for what it is and rid yourselves of negative burden its a very very unhealthy and destructive and physically draining.

In the vain hope of an improvement in the second half of the season, it doesn't look good after FP2. I just pray that they can improve the set-up overnight, but the weather may have an impact over Sat/Sun so does it really matter? I agree with Paolo Lalli's comments above.

FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Ricciardo is out due to a broken wrist. Lawson steps in his place.

Could be 6 weeks before Ricciardo returns. Oh well.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    yup....same 'ol story since 2009

Talking about breaking news indeed.
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

It's currently raining at time of post.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

So slow

well, after a good summer rest, here is ferrari bringing out NO improvements at all, satisfied to be the 4th or now 5th team in f1, the only comment from me at this time is: what an incompetent bunch of people are currently running the ferrari f1 team. (una manica di deficienti.)

Stop beating yourself up it amounts to nothing and the deficiency is there no doubt.Ferrari being 4th 5th 6th best is not ideal nor exceptible but ferrari will ride this season out with the billycart that was designed. FULL FOCUS NOW IS ON 2024 This year has been buried by ferrari.

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Stop beating yourself up it amounts to nothing and the deficiency is there no doubt.Ferrari being 4th 5th 6th best is not ideal nor exceptible but ferrari will ride this season out with the billycart that was designed. FULL FOCUS NOW IS ON 2024 This year has been buried by ferrari.
    sadly, that has been the excuse for years and with the current management at ferrari, the excuse is lame.

CL barely...

Since its taking a bit long to start the session, let's focus on another "almost" **** up from Ferrari in Q1:

Charles was asking on the radio not put him in the traffic during the pitstop and this "race engineer" Xavi told him that they are going to conduct a visual check of the car, so his stop would be slower than usual.
    And then they release him into traffic and Charles had to let 9 cars past him after coming out from the pit lane.

He did a very good job with his lap in Q1. Never got the chance to bring these tyres up to temperatures.

Q2 was better and his engineer finally listened to him, after Charles's rather furious team radio at the end of Q1.

And Charles crashed. So now its a **** up from him.

Just fantastic

That is usually when you push crap of a car....

After 5 years and he's still struggling with the wet - changeable condition

I love you man but this is a serious problem

Williams in front of two Ferrari's

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Haven't we been saying this forever?

Barring some some weird goings-on, we'll be fighting for 4th/ 5th/ 6th at best. Not even sure I'll bother tomorrow...

Sad and angry!
    Trying to be less angry..

I didn't even realise this soap opera was back on again but for some reason I wanted to check in with TSN.

Quote Originally Posted by 458 Italia View Post
    I didn't even realise this soap opera was back on again but for some reason I wanted to check in with TSN.
    Sadly you'll wonder why you have bothered when all the doom and gloom has been the same for most of the season. Depressing and frustrating doesn't cover it, and on so many levels. I'm past caring for this year too!