Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: 2023 Singapore Grand Prix - Race thread

as for this debate about Charles and Carlos

Carlos get bashed WAY too much here. We have two great drivers here, that's one thing Brembo has absolutely correct. Carlos is every bit the driver Verstappen is, just look at the Torro Rosso days.

and Charles has great race craft too, he sold Max the dummy in Bahrain in defense, to get that win. He has this capacity to do this thinking while driving as well. And some of his defenses in terrible Ferarris have been absolutely incredible.

Do i think we should do the Michael number, and have a clear number 2? probably. But the FIA is pushing the top teams to have 2 top drivers so that if one of them is way out in front there are two drivers fighting. Good luck getting RedBull to agree to that. I think Russell is close enough to Hamilton.

I regard Charles and Carlos as a great pairing, whatever goes on behind closed doors. Brembo has a point about their respective remuneration, but I do believe that both drivers do play the team game more than most other teams' drivers do. Brembo has always supported the underdog (as did I with Felipe), but there is nothing wrong with having a preferred driver out of the two if it matters to us! Carlos did drive a brilliant race yesterday but Charles was put on the back foot through no fault of his own and I also believe that the SF23 suits him more than Charles.

Quote Originally Posted by wisepie View Post
    I regard Charles and Carlos as a great pairing, whatever goes on behind closed doors. Brembo has a point about their respective remuneration, but I do believe that both drivers do play the team game more than most other teams' drivers do. Brembo has always supported the underdog (as did I with Felipe), but there is nothing wrong with having a preferred driver out of the two if it matters to us! Carlos did drive a brilliant race yesterday but Charles was put on the back foot through no fault of his own and I also believe that the SF23 suits him more than Charles.
    then i guess HE (Charles) should have tried better in quali to get that POLE position, then he would have had a better weekend....bottom line is, that's what it comes down to....better result in quali (aka POLE) gets you better chances for sunday

Hunting season is open in F1. This video confirms what TD018 was all about.

Red Bull were using the grey zone of flexible parts and the FIA intervened. Can't believe these guys, up to the same tricks since the Vettel day with flexible front wings and rear wings and now using rubber parts, unbelievable!

No kidding they were flying on the straights and like on rails in the corners. It had to come to Liberty Media losing money for the FIA to wake up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyVOK0yF2bM

Quote Originally Posted by springfield View Post
    https://www.f1technical.net/news/24199

Everyone had new mediums for the race, Mercedes had two sets. So Leclerc had new mediums available in the race.
    Leclerc was behind the Mercs and his pace was similar to the Mercs. If you stop for mediums you are still behind them and you can't pass them on track with same age tires and similar pace. Keeping the car out you have a chance to get them behind. Also the worst case scenario of keeping the car out is finishing behind them, so they bet the chance to gain the position keeping the car in track and finish in the podium because if it doesn't work you still have the 5th guarantee you will get if you change the tires.

Keep the car out was a good call.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Empire View Post
    Leclerc was behind the Mercs and his pace was similar to the Mercs. If you stop for mediums you are still behind them and you can't pass them on track with same age tires and similar pace. Keeping the car out you have a chance to get them behind. Also the worst case scenario of keeping the car out is finishing behind them, so they bet the chance to gain the position keeping the car in track and finish in the podium because if it doesn't work you still have the 5th guarantee you will get if you change the tires.

Keep the car out was a good call.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by TTRSMAD View Post

Red Bull were using the grey zone of flexible parts and the FIA intervened. Can't believe these guys, up to the same tricks since the Vettel day with flexible front wings and rear wings and now using rubber parts, unbelievable!

No kidding they were flying on the straights and like on rails in the corners. It had to come to Liberty Media losing money for the FIA to wake up.

supposedly they reverted to the old floor on Saturday, but at any rate, we'll know REALLY soon, and if they are, i'll be spamming the entire internet with "That's what happens when you stop cheating!"

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    supposedly they reverted to the old floor on Saturday, but at any rate, we'll know REALLY soon, and if they are, i'll be spamming the entire internet with "That's what happens when you stop cheating!"
    I will too, 100%

Nil effect on redbull car with new regulations regarding flexing parts,if you believe Horner you will believe anything I swear he went even grayer after Singapore.

Seeing how Russell throwing away the podium chance and Leclerc's overheating issue during the final lap, it doesn't feel too bad for a fourth place IMO. After all 12-point result sounds a lot better than a DNF.
    https://scuderiafans.com/how-a-criti...at-marina-bay/

So their slogan should be "RedBull ... Flexy wings"

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Red Empire View Post

You are totally biased to Leclerc. Charles was not always the perfect team player. The Lecler race in Monza was clearly the best example of thinking in yourself race and not the team. He was all the race seeing the RBs attack Carlos and he did nothing to help the team. He waited until the RB passed Carlos and he had his tyres done to attack his teammate. The only car he attacked all the race was a Ferrari. His strategy was that, wait Carlos fight the RB and then pass him easily once he destroyed his tyres. He also put in risk a 3-4 for the team trying to pass Carlos.

And about today's race you have no idea what happened there. Mercedes have the big advantage of having a new set of medium tyres. The tactic of Ferrari all the race long was to have a very low pace to not destroy our tyres and to make a 2 stop strategy useless for the Mercs. That's why they asked Charles to keep the Mercs, because if they try that 2 stops strategy they will fall back in the grid. They are lucky enough to have that VSC that allows them to put their cars on those new mediums, a strategy we can`t match because we only have used soft tyres, and our only chance was to stay out and try to not be catched by the Mercs.

And I can't understand why you have all this moaning about Charles and all this trash talking about Carlos when he proved the last 2 races he was our best driver on track and he deserved the results he gets for the team.

If Charles was today on pole position and we saw the same race, you will be totally pleased and declaring your love to Charles and you was thinking the team was perfect today, and I will agree with you, because today the team play well his options to win the race, having no lucky with the SC (too early) and the VSC (allows Mercs to use his mediums).

And I would like to see more respect for Carlos, because he is a talented driver, and the way he was the cold mind to give Norris the DRS is a move of a very smart driver who made a perfect weekend for Ferrari. Without that move the Mercs passed Norris and then Carlos.
    100%

Is there an English version

Quote Originally Posted by Aziz View Post
    Is there an English version
    Yes, translate to english with youtube .
    Hero's come and go, but legends never die!

There is more rubber on the red bull than the pirelli tyre factory.HAHa.

Charles 4th Carlos 6th Alonso 10th , there was a qualifying today !