Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Qatar practice & qualifying thread.

MV 3 times WDC

Perez surely will lose his seat next year
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    If I ware Red Bull I would say thank you to SP
    In this case, it was not his mistake

Quote Originally Posted by stefa View Post
    Is it possible that tires are already gone?!?!?!?!?
    Liberty Media and FIA letting everybody race on the track full of sand . Never see such things in my life , all the car look like they're driving on the wet track and the dry track at the same time .

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Liberty Media and FIA letting everybody race on the track full of sand . Never see such things in my life , all the car look like they're driving on the wet track and the dry track at the same time .
    Crazy

MV not even trying

6th and 7th, max what we could do

Sacrificed the sprint for tomorrow's race, good decision I'd say.

Also Piastri won a "race" before Norris, that must hurt Norris.

Two things important for ferrari to sort out next year.

1. Car design philosophy
    2. Carlos vs Leclerc: surely this is getting ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by tifosi1993 View Post
    Sacrificed the sprint for tomorrow's race, good decision I'd say.
    You mean in terms of Tyre usage?

So, Charles had 4 track limits infringements during the final lap.

Black and white flag, so no penalty for him.

Also he was a bit unhappy on the radio, said they could've done better and the pace was there.

Charles Leclerc post sprint race radio (P7):

"Yeah let‘s discuss. But I think as a team we could have done quite a bit of a better job. The pace was there. Obviously not to get the guys infront but to stay infront of Lewis. Anyway let‘s focus on tomorrow."

So, Charles had 4 track limits infringements during the final lap.

Black and white flag, so no penalty for him.

Also he was a bit unhappy on the radio, said they could've done better and the pace was there.
    Yeah, leclerc was faster of the two. Carlos was simply blocking him & at a times ugly

Quote Originally Posted by nani_s23 View Post
    Two things important for ferrari to sort out next year.

1. Car design philosophy
    2. Carlos vs Leclerc: surely this is getting ridiculous.
    Well Sainz is starting from P12 tomorrow, so it's not going to be a problem.

The car philosophy needs to be simple and what they had at the beginning of 2022, a car with a strong front end and good traction. The need to replicate all the strong points of the F1-75, and follow RB's direction of course.

It’s really disheartening to see Mclaren overtaking ferrari on track.

Yeah, leclerc was faster of the two. Carlos was simply blocking him & at a times ugly
    He needs to show the same aggressiveness that he had shown to Max after Austria. But Sainz is his teammate, so I guess he doesn't want to be too aggressive with him. But with Sainz, it's the other way around.

As I've said before, the sooner the Sainz-clan gets out of Ferrari the better.

It’s really disheartening to see Mclaren overtaking ferrari on track.
    Yeah, I'm worried about Mclaren finishing ahead of Ferrari. They are only 104 points behind and they have a much better car.

Well , so many problems here for Fred to solve... All this mess was the result of the management under clown Binotto. He may knows some engineering trick to make the car fast permanently but his management destroy our team so much .

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Well , so many problems here for Fred to solve... All this mess was the result of the management under clown Binotto. He may knows some engineering trick to make the car fast permanently but his management destroy our team so much .
    Ferrari always had capable individuals to lead the team. Look at Andrea Stella, rather than promoting him to a higher position, Ferrari let him go when Alonso left.
    And now look at RB, when Vettel left for Ferrari, they promoted Guillaume Rocquelin to head of race engineering.

Politics rules Ferrari and most often this is what ruins Ferrari. It allows clowns like Binotto to get ahead of more worthy individuals.

Also, I was wrong. 4-track limit infringements means 5-seconds penalty. So, Charles will finish outside of points. Unless Ferrari is able to argue his case otherwise.

Also, I was wrong. 4-track limit infringements means 5-seconds penalty. So, Charles will finish outside of points. Unless Ferrari is able to argue his case otherwise.
    OMG I didn't realise that it was 4 track infringements!! He doesn't need this so let's hope Fred can plead his case.

Forza Jules

Ferrari always had capable individuals to lead the team. Look at Andrea Stella, rather than promoting him to a higher position, Ferrari let him go when Alonso left.
    And now look at RB, when Vettel left for Ferrari, they promoted Guillaume Rocquelin to head of race engineering.

Politics rules Ferrari and most often this is what ruins Ferrari. It allows clowns like Binotto to get ahead of more worthy individuals.
    Well said.

BREAKING: Charles Leclerc receives a 5-second time penalty for exceeding track limits multiple times.

Albon promoted to P7, Alonso into P8 for the last point.

Just another impatient mistake from Charles his adrenalin gets the better of him.Hopefully a better race tomorrow.Congrats MV and red bull signora to perez and remember the name Oscar Piastri forget Hamilton etc this kid from down under can fly with a fast car

So a team that was amongst the slowest in the 1st races ,is now genuine the 2nd fastest .And we still listen from our boss (but also from Toto ) that there is NO magic wand in F1 ???!!! this 2 dont follow. Bacause McL has DEFINETLY found a magic wand and found SECONDS in half a season !!!!!!
    Now Norris (and maybe Piastri ) will surpass Lec (and even Sainz) in the standings and there is a chance of them surpass us in the constructors standings also !!!!!
    But its ok for our bosses because McL must be just an experimental team from Hogwarts and dont apply to human rules- capabilities !!!!!!!
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Also yesterday we madea decision to run on softs from a strategic point to have mediums for the main race. And i see on the tire available table ,that they ALL have a new set of mediums ,even the ones they run mediums yesterday. So it was not a good strategy for the main race , but a BAD use of tires from Friday- Saturday . We and up with the wrong tires for the spring race and the same tires for the main . Not the ideal strategy !!!!

The only goodish thing i can think about this situation ,is that this season has become once again a lost cause, almost from the beginning.And the only thing they can do is to use the weekends as test sessions,to try and better all the procedures,like set up work, tire usage . simulation set up etc. My only hope is on that.
    as for the standings , the way i see it ,is that under those rules, finishing lower may have less money (but the big teams dint have big need for money) BUT you have more working time for the new season ( wing tunnet etc) So it might not be that bad finishing 4th -5th.

BUT ALL this will matter if we have the people to take advantage of this and thing clever ideas for the new car so they present a real conteder next year. This ias a BIG ?????
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PURE PASSION View Post
    So a team that was amongst the slowest in the 1st races ,is now genuine the 2nd fastest .And we still listen from our boss (but also from Toto ) that there is NO magic wand in F1 ???!!! this 2 dont follow. Bacause McL has DEFINETLY found a magic wand and found SECONDS in half a season !!!!!!
    Now Norris (and maybe Piastri ) will surpass Lec (and even Sainz) in the standings and there is a chance of them surpass us in the constructors standings also !!!!!
    But its ok for our bosses because McL must be just an experimental team from Hogwarts and dont apply to human rules- capabilities !!!!!!!
    McLaren are not changing direction in car design like we are so they can keep on going down their current path, we are making a change of direction so there is not much for us to do upgrade wise this year so we will see little change.
    Forza Ferrari

Quote Originally Posted by Greig View Post
    McLaren are not changing direction in car design like we are so they can keep on going down their current path, we are making a change of direction so there is not much for us to do upgrade wise this year so we will see little change.
    Ι understend this, BUT other years we also didnt have to change our design ,and we where struggling to find tenths .McL managed to find secons ( lot more then 1,5s)
    The only thing i can think is that they might had very good base car ( the only team to have a similar front end design (suspension) as RedBul) (a lot RedBull engineers has gone to them) and they just had poorly set up ,configure the car in the 1st races. And then with just soem stratigic updattes they managed to unlock the true potential of the car .
    FERRARI FOR EVER !!!!!!!

This year was always going to be a hit and miss test year.The ferrari was written off at the beginning of the year at the testing phase of the season.