Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 2024 F1 news/rumours

Quote Originally Posted by Cavallino View Post
    If Charles does indeed beat Lewis, 7 time world champion, which myself and present company agree he will...
    He's already beaten Vettel, 4 time world champion,
    he's already shown he can out witt and out muscle Max on track, and outqualify Max in a lesser car, and with the right car, will soon defeat Max...

what does this say about Charles?
    What we already know and what Ferrari knows in order to put him in the role of team leader
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by jgonzalesm6 View Post
    Let's see how long Fred lasts in the cauldron of Ferrari. Ferrari's history of team principals in the last 15 years hasn't proven to live up to of the likes of Mercedes or RedBull where it's a more stable environment.
    I suggest you worry more bout RBR, these days they have issues of their own. Fred is doing fine :)
    "If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari" - Gilles Villeneuve

Quote Originally Posted by Silent Bob View Post
    I agree. That's where I start to question the signing of Hamilton. Leclerc is starting to mature into a pretty good leader. He's shown how much he loves this team and the brand itself. Seems like a kick in the ass to bring in Ham, and not elevate Leclerc to team leader and show that we believe in him. Bearman showed us that he could step in as a good number 2 in a year or two and start prepping for his turn as leader of this team.
    I'm pretty sure Ham will bring in some good race performances. I just hope it doesn't devolve into a sh.. show if he's repeatedly beaten by Leclerc. Time will tell. Hopefully it all works out.
    I believe bearman will replace Ham in 2 years' time.

Quote Originally Posted by aroutis View Post
    I suggest you worry more bout RBR, these days they have issues of their own. Fred is doing fine :)
    Nah.....it's a bunch of media tabloids trying to sell the soap opera.

Nothing will happen with Horner.
    It's not how start but how you finish.

Where there is smoke there is fire.Max will do what his father instructs.Newey will follow Hamilton to ferrari making it the strongest ever joined forces in British racing history.Newey will join ferrari boat division after f1 tenure which is his passion.Red bull will slowly implode with Horner at the Helm.The situation at redbull has now become unmanageable. There are now to many fingers in the pie.

I believe bearman will replace Ham in 2 years' time.
    Can we hold him till then by placing him at Haas? Other teams will want him and offer big carrots to get him I fear.

Forza Jules

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    Can we hold him till then by placing him at Haas? Other teams will want him and offer big carrots to get him I fear.
    That's fine , but when Ferrari need him he can't resist the offer

German media reports on advanced stage of negotiations between Adrian Newey and Ferrari

https://scuderiafans.com/german-medi...y-and-ferrari/

Quote Originally Posted by JPZ View Post
    German media reports on advanced stage of negotiations between Adrian Newey and Ferrari

Just sign it Adrian, you will fulfil two of your wishes, working with Ferrari & Hamilton

@FUnoAT : There is evidence of negotiations well underway regarding the acquisition of the technical cognitive skills that Red Bull inhabits . They are confirmed, because the mediation to convince Newey to abandon Milton Keynes is at an advanced stage . And it doesn't end here. According to information gathered in the last few hours by our editorial team, the parties involved should have already scheduled another meeting, scheduled during the two-week break that separates the Japanese Grand Prix from that of China .
    Look like a dream team is coming

Quote Originally Posted by paolo lalli View Post
    Where there is smoke there is fire.Max will do what his father instructs.Newey will follow Hamilton to ferrari making it the strongest ever joined forces in British racing history.Newey will join ferrari boat division after f1 tenure which is his passion.Red bull will slowly implode with Horner at the Helm.The situation at redbull has now become unmanageable. There are now to many fingers in the pie.
    Why wouldn't he follow Max to wherever? Why LH?
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

Okay, this is interesting.
    Forza Ferrari
    "And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it."

I've already heard RedBulls 2026 V6 engine given the video and the environment.

Quote Originally Posted by racingbradley View Post
    I am pretty sure Ferrari can pay him enough to keep him should they believe in him enough.
    And sure they could put him in HAAS.

At the end of the day it's all coming down to what they want to do.

According to @FUnoAT , Vasseur and his engineers will bring a small part of the upgrade that planned for Imola in Japan GP . We're expect to have a new higher load RW alongside a higher load FW .
    Last edited by Aviamata; 24th March 2024 at 14:12.

There's a lot of smoke around Newey and Ferrari lately. There were also rumors that Ferrari had targeted 3 or 4 other RB employees. Hopefully if Newey comes he brings the others with him.
    Saying that, it looks like Ferrari isn't so bad at building a decent car, so a couple of additions with some new ideas should be enough to vault us to the top even if it's not Newey.

Johnny Herbert is now saying that Max's move to Merc is almost a done deal. He's also saying Newey may follow him there.

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...o-insider-lm22

How close to the truth these rumors are, who knows.... but some big names may be moving and f1 could look a little different in 2025.

Back when Seb left his 4WDC R Bull he was lost in the pack not ever having to fight before to move up .Charles wrecked him. Max in a Merc after his R Bull years may well turn out the same. Meanwhile Sainz now has the experience to win and do podiums from where ever. And a little shot in pay will be a help for sure. No team orders makes the races really great!!!

Johnny Herbert is now saying that Max's move to Merc is almost a done deal. He's also saying Newey may follow him there.

https://www.si.com/fannation/racing/...o-insider-lm22

How close to the truth these rumors are, who knows.... but some big names may be moving and f1 could look a little different in 2025.
    I really don't see Max going to that Merc. Then again we saw HAM joining ferrari so you never say never in the world of F1.

I really don't see Max going to that Merc. Then again we saw HAM joining ferrari so you never say never in the world of F1.
    Lot of smoke around a lot of big names lately. Either something is happening or thes news peddlers are just having their hay day.

Be a little disappointing if nothing happens. Seeing drivers at new teams.would be a good shake up for F1.

Lot of smoke around a lot of big names lately. Either something is happening or thes news peddlers are just having their hay day.

Be a little disappointing if nothing happens. Seeing drivers at new teams.would be a good shake up for F1.
    Quite honestly at their current condition I cannot see how Merc could lure Max. Money? Nah.
    They're a mess organizational wise. So why on earth would he go there? Why would Newey go , while he is nearing retirement? He can always bother with anything else.

IMHO, this whole thing is just "noise" because of what happened with Lewis, unless proven otherwise of course.

You can never predict what people will do.
    The toxicity between Horner and Jos, being Max's dad, could cause them to part ways.
    If the tensions between Horner and Marko are real then their is a rot in Red Bull that may make Max decide he wants to be elsewhere regardless of the car.
    Seems like a slam dunk to stay at RB, but if people really don't like each other usually one will leave.

For the 2025 calendar, Melbourne will be the season opener. Bahrain and Jeddah will be moved further back on the calender due to Ramadan.

Thank-you!!

Like it used to be. Tradition returns.

For the 2025 calendar, Melbourne will be the season opener. Bahrain and Jeddah will be moved further back on the calender due to Ramadan.

Thank-you!!
    Finally!

"If he can't do it with Ferrari, well, he can't do it." - John Surtees

Thank-you!!
    i never gotten used to Bahrain being the season opener....Australia was the season opener for the longest time previously and i kind of like it

but if they change it and have OZ as first race, how is that gonna work with winter testing?? as now it's kind of convenient, combine the winter tests with the first race (bahrain), which from a logistics point, it kind of makes sense

but none the less, i LOVE OZ being the season opener

Like it used to be. Tradition returns.
    exactly my feeling on this too

Thank-you!!
    Now we need Suzuka as finale as well !

Quote Originally Posted by Aviamata View Post
    Now we need Suzuka as finale as well !
    actually i kind of like Brazil as the finale....way better tehn abu dhabi

Meh, I actually like the Bahrain & Saudi tracks. Racing there has always been good. Australia is pretty much hit and miss, and I'd say more miss than hit. Even with 4 DRS zones, overtaking there is quite hard.